BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eduardo Charged With "decieving The Referee"

den

Too late..unlucky boys :lol: .

I love it when the book gets thrown at Arsenal and Arsene gets a lovely sip of his very own medicine.

To be fair this is a serious can of worms, to make it fair they will have to analysis every game and charge every single one. It happens all the time it and whilst its not on you will now have to charge everything otherwise they are just singling him out.

Hadn't consider the post use of video evidence, I always wondered why its not used its easily done it would be used to eliminate all the mistakes, that is if they are mistakes. :o

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Therein lies the problem BFS, you can't just punish Eduardo cause it was classed as a big game, every single dive has to be punished equally.

If this was introduced into the Premier League you would see at least 1 banning per match if done consistently

It does rather seem that the idea that the rules of football are identical for a 90 minutes romp between two pub teams and the Champions League Final is going out of the window.

I would have brought in goal line technology before farting about this way if the difference is now to be recognised by UEFIFA's Blastic Septini

Therein lies the problem BFS, you can't just punish Eduardo cause it was classed as a big game, every single dive has to be punished equally.

If this was introduced into the Premier League you would see at least 1 banning per match if done consistently

If not more, do we now have double standards if refreeing the game??

I tell you what though, Ronaldo got out at the right time!

He would have been top of the discipline charts, could you imagine what Fergie would say.

Oh dear - Looks like it has upset Wenger - The guy is such a tosser.

"Its a disgrace"

Love this line too - Mug!

"He feels he has done nothing wrong. Of course the timing is not ideal," he confessed.

"It is funny football, you can break a player's leg and it doesn't cause a debate for anybody but this case has been all over the world and treated like Eduardo has killed somebody.

Oh and this one (despite the keeper not going near the little puff)

"To single a player out like that who has come back from injury like he has, been hit like he has been, for going down I don't blame him. When you see his leg first time I don't blame him getting out of the way of the goalkeeper."

It's funny, Wenger when he first came exuded so much class as a person as well as a manager. In the last five years he managed to sink to Fergie's level and then actually exceed him in the winging stakes.

Benitez has gone the same way. Testement to the Scot's ability to debase anyone. Or the pressure of the game. One or the other.

A dangerous door may be opening.

Also if the referee at the time thought it was a dive he would have got a yellow card, how on earth does that mean he should get a ban because the referee missed it.

Arsene has every right to be furious on this one, if Eduardo is banned then EVERY SINGLE DIVE should be punished the same no matter where on the park and in what game.

Totally agree, we don't want diving in the game but how can they respond to every dive in every game. A standard has now been set just hope they keep it up.

Not to sure why some folk are getting so upset I saw the incident for the first time today, there was contact not nearly enough to fell the young lad but we need to remember that Eduardo had that tackle at Brum and may be inclined to go down easier then most in order to avoid any contact, just a thought.

Despite having posted about different rules for pub games and CL, I don't think this is setting new standards nor will other blatant dives be similarly treated.

The Scots got wet under their kilts about this one and a Scot happens to be Platini's Secretary General.

That is all there is to this.

Video analysis after every prem game happens now by default on Sky anyway. Official panel of 3 for each prem game used to analyse the game after the match with diving/cheating of ANY sort that isn't punished in the game resulting in an instant 1 game ban for the player(s) involved. Cheating would be eradicated in about half a season.

And I'd like to be the first to put my name down for a job on the panel. Very reasonable rates. :lol:

Oh dear - Looks like it has upset Wenger - The guy is such a tosser.

"Its a disgrace"

Love this line too - Mug!

"He feels he has done nothing wrong. Of course the timing is not ideal," he confessed.

"It is funny football, you can break a player's leg and it doesn't cause a debate for anybody but this case has been all over the world and treated like Eduardo has killed somebody.

Oh and this one (despite the keeper not going near the little puff)

"To single a player out like that who has come back from injury like he has, been hit like he has been, for going down I don't blame him. When you see his leg first time I don't blame him getting out of the way of the goalkeeper."

What a prat - the guy dived to win a penalty, it had nothing to do with he fact he's broken his leg. He also claims there was contact - so what - I'm pretty sure that even if there was contact that 99.9% of humans could have kept their balance. The arms are the key, when I fall over I put my hands out in front of me - Eduardo's went straight up in the air

Are you being serious? Ashley Young is a quality player, its just a shame he throws a dive in every few games.

My taste for a player is like my taste for a dish, I like players who are natural and wholesome not tricked out with pretensions and additives.

This by all means does not take away from the fact that some people like Pot Noodle's and sardine sandwiches, but I do not.

Diving is just too bitter for my palate.

Pedersen should have served a 10 match ban for his dive at Arsenal, possibly the worst attempt to deceive a ref that I have ever ever seen!!!

:o Isn't that about the same that Cantona got for the attempted murder of Matthew Symonds?

btw that was a dive as soon as I saw it. I didn't even need a replay. Anybody whose arms fly up like a dying swan is diving and thats that. If any ref does not know that then they need to be reffing park football.

I agree rebel - I was watching the game and when that happened I was disgusted that Celtic had been cheated and I lost interest in the game from that point on.

Same here Hughsey. only difference being that I was so incensed at the blatant cheating, that I immediately changed sides and started supporting Celtic......for the first time in my life, and hopefully the last.

But if we want to eliminate cheating from the game then that is what must happen. Every instance of deliberate diving, as shown by video evidence after the match, should result in a longish ban for the player, and in repeated cases by the same club then a big fine or even points deduction for the club.

That should certainly sort it out. We would not see much simulation if those punishments were introduced.

I wished they did liek at the tennis were a captain gets a chance to refer once a match, if he is wrong gone, if he is right, he keeps his referell.

Post match panels should review every incident in the game and hand out automatic red cards for diving.

It is quite obvious on replay to tell if the player is taken out in an attacking goal scoring position, that simple, if the player could had shot at goal or scored then the penalty was justified

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I'm in two minds but one thing is certain, Adebayors offence is by far worse than Eduardo's, he has to be banned whereas I felt the treatment of Eduardo was akin to a witch hunt the way he was singled out.

Eduardo ban has been rescinded.

Not suprising really, there's been countless number of dives in previous matches all over the world but I can't recall a player ever being given a match ban for it. Arsenal in all fairness had ever right to appeal as it definately was a case of this particularly incident being singled out. UEFA however should implement something in the rules which indicates if an incident is reviewed and the player has been found to have dived i.e. this Eduardo case, then there should be an automatic 3 game ban issued with no right to appeal from the club in question.

That would hopefully help stamp out at least some of the diving in today's game and would help stop the sort of media circus which surrounded this Eduardo incident.

So what does this decision spell out - That it is ok to cheat and dive?!

The bit that annoyed me the most was the quote from eduardo saying he was glad that the truth had finally come out. What planet is this guy on?

The truth is he cheated to win a penalty. I wasn't really bothered about a ban until thye gave him it, but having given it out they should have stuck to it.

Archived