BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam's Big Match Targets

Stuart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the next phase of the season is now vital. 10 games, 7 in the targetted as winnable games (2 at home), 1 in the 'nothing expected' category, 2 in the bonus category (Both at home). The key to the next phase I feel is to win the home games, and not lose away from home, picking up a couple of away wins too. 20 Points from the next 10 would be good.

November

7 Portsmouth (H)

21 Bolton (A)

24 Fulham (A)

28 Stoke (H)

December

5 Liverpool (H)

12 Hull (A)

15 Birmingham (A)

19 Tottenham (H)

26 Wigan (A)

28 Sunderland (H)

:rover: were are the 20 points coming from hughsey,we must beat stoke/pompey/sunderland/hull.draws with lotnob/spurs/wigan /brum would be good,liverpoo and foolham away will be bonus points :wacko::brfc:

Not sure where from - The next 4 games are vital to the shape of our season...Both home games we should be winning and both away are winnable. Its up to the players to perform in the next 4. Win our next 2 and we should pull clear of Pompey, Hull, Wolves & Bolton with a game in hand, where its a bonus really!

I also think West Ham v Everton is a big match this weekend too. Everton have had a rough time and face United after West Ham, so they need a win there or they could get sucked into the mire....

I also think West Ham v Everton is a big match this weekend too. Everton have had a rough time and face United after West Ham, so they need a win there or they could get sucked into the mire....

I can't see Everton facing the prospect of a relegation scrap this season Hughesy. They titted us at their place and have too much quality in their side.

We really are facing the acid test now.

:rover: were are the 20 points coming from hughsey,we must beat stoke/pompey/sunderland/hull.draws with lotnob/spurs/wigan /brum would be good,liverpoo and foolham away will be bonus points :wacko::brfc:

Never underestimate us away at Fulham on a weekday night!

• 1 month later...

Beat the following teams - Wolves, Wigan, Hull, Bolton, Burnley, Pompey, Stoke, Fulham, Brum. (13/18 of 54 Available)

Pick up points/ bonus wins against the next 4 or 5 - Sunderland, West Ham, Villa, Everton, Spurs (4/12 of 30 available)

Tough to get anything - so bonus if we do - City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea (1/15 of 30 available)

Not far off what I expected so far in terms of where we are picking up our points. Picking up the majority of points around those teams we need to beat...getting some decent bonus points and now have taken a point off one of the big boys + dumped one of them out of the cup.

The season is looking as planned and as time goes on I think we should just cement our position even more as our team is now beginning to look more settled and has gelled. Anywhere between 8th - 10th is a realistic target at this stage.

8th would bring us almost £4m extra in placing money than budgetted for - 10th around £2.5m. We also have a semi final to look forward to which will bring in abit more cash.

Archived