BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

Lots of PS3's going on Ebay. On another note, if the PS3 has up to a 60GB hard drive (Even though i saw one on Ebay with a 120gb HD) and the Xbox similar, does this mean we dont have to fork out another £10-20 for memory cards? I always thought ps2 mem cards were extorcionate!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one! What if you want to take a save game to a friends house. Me and my mates often exchange updates and saves we have made on Pro evo. I presume there is a way round it, or mem cards are still optional?

Nice one! What if you want to take a save game to a friends house. Me and my mates often exchange updates and saves we have made on Pro evo. I presume there is a way round it, or mem cards are still optional?

Thats the reason they still sell memory cards, for people who want to take saves around peoples houses.

If you really want to do that, you will have to buy one.

I never bought one for my Xbox nor will I for my 360 or any other console I get

I agree, a waste of money

The new firmware update is out now chaps:-

Click

(I installed it this morning - be warned, it does take a while)

Just found that it said that you could download PS1 games from the PS Store (not that I would want to really) but this service seems to be only for Jap and US connections only - at the moment.

I have read that the new upgrade may allow for going online with PES - Will test tonight

The new firmware update is out now chaps:-

Click

(I installed it this morning - be warned, it does take a while)

Just found that it said that you could download PS1 games from the PS Store (not that I would want to really) but this service seems to be only for Jap and US connections only - at the moment.

I have read that the new upgrade may allow for going online with PES - Will test tonight

My understanding was that at least for now the PS1 games available for download on the PS3 are only available for play on the PSP.

The issues surrounding Fifa 07 haven't been addressed yet - can't play it online (grrrr!).

Looks like I am going to have to ditch the girly game and finally learn to play Pro Evo. Maybe I will get the newbi at work who raves about it to teach me to play it.

I understand it needs an element of patience? If so this is gonna be a loooooong process...

Also, the PS2/PS3 memory card adaptor on amazon has been put off to next Friday. Bought one more than twice the price off ebay.

Going to spank the Dingles on the one player game of FIFA now to calm down...

:angry:

My understanding was that at least for now the PS1 games available for download on the PS3 are only available for play on the PSP.

My apologies Cocker I just downloaded the update and you can indeed play PS1 games on the PS3 now but I know you couldn't before. Not a bad update.

Guest Kamy100
The issues surrounding Fifa 07 haven't been addressed yet - can't play it online (grrrr!).

Looks like I am going to have to ditch the girly game and finally learn to play Pro Evo. Maybe I will get the newbi at work who raves about it to teach me to play it.

I understand it needs an element of patience? If so this is gonna be a loooooong process...

Also, the PS2/PS3 memory card adaptor on amazon has been put off to next Friday. Bought one more than twice the price off ebay.

Going to spank the Dingles on the one player game of FIFA now to calm down...

:angry:

No need to buy one of the memory card adaptors. All you need is a USB key.

First of all download this option file (already converted to PS3 format, it includes all transfers and updated kits etc.):

http://files.filefront.com/BESLES_54203504...;/fileinfo.html

Then on your USB key create the following folders:

PS3 in PS3 Folder create Folder EXPORT In Export Folder create folder PSV, then put the above downloaded file into the PSV folder.

2. On PS3 menu, go to Game then Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)

3. Select your device and the Option File

4. Copy the Option File to an internal memory card

5. Set the internal memory card to Slot 1 and it will load at start-up of WE 2007

The internal memory cards are already built into the PS3 motherboard so when you do steps 2 and 3 it will automatically come up with step 4.

My apologies Cocker I just downloaded the update and you can indeed play PS1 games on the PS3 now but I know you couldn't before. Not a bad update.

What I want to know is what are you still doing with PS1 games :lol:

(Oh and Kammy - thanks :tu: )

What I want to know is what are you still doing with PS1 games :lol:

(Oh and Kammy - thanks :tu: )

I didn't purchase any of the PS1 games....yet. To tell you the truth I am not opposed to playing the old games. So far they are charging $6.99 per game which isn't a bad price. I had a PS1 back in the day (traded in my N64 for it), but I only had a few games for it. If a good PS1 title was made availabe to download I would think about shelling under $10 for it.

Look at the Wii, it's Virtual Console for buying old NES, SNES, N64, Turbo Grafix 16, Sega Genesis, NEO-GEO (coming soon) titles is quite popular and I've downloaded quite a few of them.

Besides right now I've just been playing PS2 titles on the PS3 anyways...where are the GAMES!!!!

anyways...where are the GAMES!!!!

Click

Spiderman 3 will be the next one I buy. Then I reckon either Ghost Recon or Rainbow six vegas after that. Once they are done with Assasins Creed will be out and then Pro Evo/Fifa - so I aint complaining :tu:

Guest Kamy100
Click

Spiderman 3 will be the next one I buy. Then I reckon either Ghost Recon or Rainbow six vegas after that. Once they are done with Assasins Creed will be out and then Pro Evo/Fifa - so I aint complaining :tu:

Add to that Warwark and Heavenly Sword, and then the launch of "home"!!

Click

Oh trust me I know what games are GOING to be coming to the PS3 and don't get me wrong I'm as a happy as a 10 year old Rovers Cheerleader about them, but you have to understand I've had the system since before Christmas and have had to put up with release dates getting pushed back time and time again. Fear was supposed to come out at the end of March. Lair was pushed back and so was Heavenly Sword.

Once things get going it's going to hap-hap-happy times, I just can't stand the waiting that's all.

Guest Kamy100
What is the option file for Kamy? Does it update Fifa?

The option file is for PES6, it will update all the transfers, update all the kits amongst a whole host of other changes. This will only work on PES6 and not on FIFA 07 or any other game.

Click

All well and good, unless you happen to own a 360 and have completed all of them already.

Spending all my time on F1 Championship addition at the moment. Was annoyed that V tennis had no online play (only found out after i'd purchaswed it) wish i'd have got the 360 version now.

I'm bored of Motorstorm already - didn't take long.

Home looks good... Closed beta next month, open beta in Autumn (Fall, for our american friends), out for free in October!

Yeah, at least you could meet up in that room before and decide which game to play and what room - that would stop the problems that we had yesterday on Motorstorm.

It wouldn't stop me totally sucking ass at it though! :rolleyes:

Right, first thing - dont put your self down, its not your fault - those cheating gits online should be ashamed.

As I have previously said in this very thread I suspected that people were cheating as they seemed to fly off in front of me all the time and I wasnt doing anything wrong. Well, I started getting sick of this yesterday and wondered what was going on. Well, after a bit of hunting I found out - they are using unlimited boost.

Now, I think that everybody should be told about this OR it should be removed (I am dam sure they could do it through an update) because when playing online, everyone should be equal and the better gamer should be the winner and not the cheats.

In light of this and knowing that you and kammy might be in the same room as me where other people are cheating I will tell you and others what they are doing and its so simple you wont beleive. You simply tap the boost button - THATS IT. The screen dosnt go blurry like when you have boost but you do go flying and are allot faster. Another note is that having boost on while you are in the air does not make you go faster. Be warned though, tapping this button all the way through a couple of races will give you a playstation claw and you wont be able to hold a brew for an hour.

Right, thats a few more on an even playing field (one more thing though, learn the courses and you will find it easier - I know thats tough with the new baby though :rolleyes: )

Archived