BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In World Cup Bid

Ewood Park could host a training camp in the 2018 world cup along with Deepdale, Prenton Park and the DW Stadium. This is if Liverpool's world cup bid is successful.

How good would this be to be representing the Noth West at the biggest and best football stage in the World?

Come on England. Back the Bid 2018.

• Backroom

As a spectacle I actually hope we don't get it, part of the charm of the World Cup for me is it being in a different place with a different culture.

Just a training ground? Surely Ewood can host the smaller group games that don't have that many fans?

I think all the stadiums in the World Cup have to have a minimum capacity of 40,000, so Ewood is too small. Also, there are several grounds in the North West region that are larger than Ewood hence they would be chosen instead.

Ewood Park could host a training camp in the 2018 world cup along with Deepdale, Prenton Park and the DW Stadium. This is if Liverpool's world cup bid is successful.

How good would this be to be representing the Noth West at the biggest and best football stage in the World?

Come on England. Back the Bid 2018.

I think I would rather have a northwest cup during close season to help highlight the area. We have had the Emirates cup etc this season. Why not a competition involving the clubs in the northwest - which would also bring in more cash for the smaller clubs.

Archived