BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea

Flopsy

Well I think Di Santo will break some hearts if he has to return to Chelsea in Jan. Today he had a real hunger for the game in spite of being up against normally rock steady Collins and Dunne and he seems to have already developed a remarkeable rapport with the Blackburn End. No one else has been able to 'get em going' and singing like he did today. Even threw his shirt in at the end to cement the deal. Good lad.

Must agree Theno.

Considering his age he is clearly up there with Jansen in terms of talent (though obviously different styles). The only player we have for now that could clearly play the 'one' role.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I think Di Santo will break some hearts if he has to return to Chelsea in Jan. Today he had a real hunger for the game in spite of being up against normally rock steady Collins and Dunne and he seems to have already developed a remarkeable rapport with the Blackburn End. No one else has been able to 'get em going' and singing like he did today. Even threw his shirt in at the end to cement the deal. Good lad.

Agree with all of this apart from calling Collins rock steady. Wish we had him for the season.

Superb effort by him today - ran for everything and tried his best to create when he could. Seemed to love the Blackburn Never say die attitude today.

Showed Roberts what is needed from a front man that is asked to play a lone striker role, superb. Just a shame that he is likely to be called back in Jan.

Exactly

<!--quoteo(post=827073:date=Sep 26 2009, 20:14 :name=thenodrog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thenodrog @ Sep 26 2009, 20:14 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=827073"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Agree with all of this apart from calling Collins rock steady. Wish we had him for the season.

I seem to rem that Collins was MoM for WHU against us 3 weeks ago.

I seem to rem that Collins was MoM for WHU against us 3 weeks ago.

It wasn't like rovers really pressed him into defending - as I recall everyone was frustrated by the lack of pressure we put on Wham. I'd hardly call keeping an isolated Roberts quiet that impressive.

Collins struggled on Saturday against a player of a higher quality and strengthened my opinions that he is nothing special.

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsea are appealing their transfer ban to the Court of Arbitration in Sport and have filed for a fast track hearing.

For once, I want them cleared and quickly too!

Di Santo runs around a lot, but the sad fact is that in the 11 weeks he's been at Rovers, he has contributed nothing. Zip. He even looks useless playing for the reserves. He could get that mileage in at Chelsea, and save our stretched wage bill.

That's harsh Tris. The guy looked pretty decent up front on his own against Villa. He gives 100% and runs his arse off, which is a good attribute to have when you have some ability and skill as well.

The more he plays the better he will get.

Di Santo runs around a lot, but the sad fact is that in the 11 weeks he's been at Rovers, he has contributed nothing. Zip. He even looks useless playing for the reserves. He could get that mileage in at Chelsea, and save our stretched wage bill.

Discredited poster makes himself look even more ridiculous.

Di Santo put in an excellent shift today and is getting better with every game. Hopefully Chelsea will allow him to remain with us for the rest of the season.

Looking a bit silly now Tris!

A tremendous performance today. Did the work of two strikers on his own. Compliments Dunn perfectly.

Brilliant in the air, but impressive ball skills and pace too. We need to have a big think about what we are going to do when (if?) he gets recalled in Jan.

It did occur to me that Chelsea do have Sturridge who they are paying an absolute packet to sitting on thier bench, and Kalou, so maybe the urge to recall Di Santo is not so massive, even if they can't sign anyone. It will probably come down to whether anyone get injured.

I know it seems likely he'll return to Chelsea in January due to the African Cup of nations but would there be any chance he could play for Chelsea in january and then return to us at the end of the transfer window. The AC of N finishes 31st of Jan so all the players will be back for Feb.

Not sure on the 3 clubs ruling though. I know players can't play for 3 clubs in 1 year but does it count as 2 clubs if they play for the same one twice? Don't know the ruling on this one but would be good to have him back for the last 3 months or so of the season.

I know it seems likely he'll return to Chelsea in January due to the African Cup of nations but would there be any chance he could play for Chelsea in january and then return to us at the end of the transfer window. The AC of N finishes 31st of Jan so all the players will be back for Feb.

Not sure on the 3 clubs ruling though. I know players can't play for 3 clubs in 1 year but does it count as 2 clubs if they play for the same one twice? Don't know the ruling on this one but would be good to have him back for the last 3 months or so of the season.

Ah I forgot about the ANC... balls. Basically no chance of keeping him as both Drogba and Kalou will be off. Even if they could sign players I think he would go back in that case.

We need Kalinic to step up or identify another signing (maybe another loan?)

• Backroom

Di Santo gave his all today, he obviously has connected with the club as seen by his celebration and his holding the badge on his way off the pitch.

Lets hope if Chelsea are allowed to sign big again he can leave and see us as a permament home.

I'd love to keep him, especially as he seems to want to play for us. He's great up front alone, and seems to have a good understanding with Dunn.

If he is available the board should pull out all the stops to sign him. Guarenteed to get our money back on him when he leaves, think the lad will has a promising career in front of him. I know I'd rather be main man at rovers than 3rd/4th choice at chelsea. Hopefully he feels the same.

Discredited poster makes himself look even more ridiculous.

Di Santo put in an excellent shift today and is getting better with every game. Hopefully Chelsea will allow him to remain with us for the rest of the season.

Tris in "gets it wrong" shocker?? Hardly a shocker. What with his defence of Sourpuss till the moment he left (and beyond) and his ongoing championing of Ince, he hardly has a stellar record on the football judgment stakes. Oh and David Dunn, anyone???

Twice the player Roberts is. He runs runs and runs. Quick, and great first touch. What a lay off to Dunny for the goal.

Have to agree there - Di Santo will be some player.

Is anyone else that's heading to the Chelsea game worried that you're paying £40+ to watch Jason Roberts run about like a headless chicken on his own up front?

I know I am.

Archived