SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Spending

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest charlie1

Dos'nt answer my question does it. If we go down will we all be standing outside Ewood with big buckets and save our club tee-shirts on.

Will the trustees still be bound by Jack's will to make sure the club survived?

Who knows? It would be good to have an idea of Jack's wishes for the club, but I suppose technically it's none of our business. A touch frustrating though!

Why cant the club get the trust to do an article to say how they see things and how Jack's will ties them in?!

:mellow: i would think the trust are breaking jack's legacy at the moment,jack would never have wanted to see his beloved rovers struggling as they are at the moment,to many cowboys at ewood for my likeing ;)

"In fairness to them, and contrary to some uninformed opinion, they are not taking money out either. There is an agreement to repay a small fixed term loan but they have agreed to fund an important strategic land acquisition for us.

Hopefully this isn't being spent on Uncle Oscar's lemon groves.

don't try find the answers to the question on a site full of people who don't know their arse from their elbow

i trust the chairman to do right for the club, and the amount of people on here who seem to know exactly where all the money is being spent is ridiculous. surely there are other places this question can be answered, away from the idiot scare mongers who jump on the bandwagon of every slightly negative comment.

the chairman has spoken, deal with it. if you want to know more your best off taking it up with the man himself

Possibly the most irritating phrase that is repeated on this site is 'deal with it'. It suggests to me an arrogant 'I'm right and you are wrong'. It gets my hackles up every time I see it. Please refrain from such arrogance. Everybody has a right to an opinion and yours is no better than theirs whether I agree with it or not.

Why cant the club get the trust to do an article to say how they see things and how Jack's will ties them in?!

I'd like to know and understand the trusts position too.

the only insight i have comes from reading charles lamberts book on jack walker... where he briefly explains that rovers are 7th in line, of all walkers business' to receive any financial support.

that was my understanding, anyhow.

The wage bill is the big issue for me. I for one was stunned when Nicko told us that, like for like, we pay more than Spurs. When a bit part player like Zurab is on such a wedge that no-one will touch him - Matteo all over again. We've had the biggest increase in our income ever and it's all gone plus more on wages for players who failed to deliver.

Sam was given a target to reduce the bill back to levels more in line with our new bottom end of the table status and either failed or didn't want to, so I agree that he had to lose the Warnock fee, but we cannot sell a Warnock every year to pay Zurab's wages.

If I could see us making progress towards 18 good 'uns plus the kids and away from our current 3 good 'uns and 25 barely adequate ones, I would be more optimistic. Planning to deliver is great, but the management have to deliver the plan.

Cannons either side of the pitch, in case Pedersen is injured.

LOL

Well I want to say thank you to JW. Not many chairman would ever come out and put us straight. I have no reason to doubt his word and since we are spending everything we can on the football side and not hording it away as even I thought, then fair play.

The wage bill is the big issue for me. I for one was stunned when Nicko told us that, like for like, we pay more than Spurs. When a bit part player like Zurab is on such a wedge that no-one will touch him - Matteo all over again. We've had the biggest increase in our income ever and it's all gone plus more on wages for players who failed to deliver.

If I could see us making progress towards 18 good 'uns plus the kids and away from our current 3 good 'uns and 25 barely adequate ones, I would be more optimistic. Planning to deliver is great, but the management have to deliver the plan.

Rome wasnt built in a day was it........

Zurab was available, and so to was Brown. No takers.... that isnt Sam's fault.

He has moved off some of our older/ weaker big earners in Ooijer & Mokoena. He has also finally got rid of Gallagher who has been sucking our wage bill for years.

Reid, Dunn & Pedersen are all out of contract in 12 months........ time for them to prove they are good enough to stay!

We have the right man for the job im sure of that.

Jesus christ. None of you are actually RUNNING this club. The numbers and opinions being thrown around is nothing short of hilarious. I'm sorry, but none of you know exact figures besides what John has said.

You have no idea what Chimbonda and Salgado are being paid and likewise you have no idea if it's financially viable for the club to have them. Wow I'm sure John Walker hadn't realised the benefit of re-sale value, thanks for pointing that one out. Now he can go about his job differently and save us millions of dollars!

John Walker :huh::lol:

Hope you didn't mean that

Possibly the most irritating phrase that is repeated on this site is 'deal with it'. It suggests to me an arrogant 'I'm right and you are wrong'. It gets my hackles up every time I see it. Please refrain from such arrogance. Everybody has a right to an opinion and yours is no better than theirs whether I agree with it or not.

i never said you were wrong

all i'm saying is people coming on here making so called informed posts about something nobody understands fully isn't helping anything.

the fact of the matter is you will have to deal with the current situation at the club.

i never said you were wrong

all i'm saying is people coming on here making so called informed posts about something nobody understands fully isn't helping anything.

the fact of the matter is you will have to deal with the current situation at the club.

I was not so much targeting you in particular braddock. I was targeting everybody who expresses an opinion, as a fact, and then tells everyone to 'deal with it'. It really gets my hackles up.

Fair play to JW for coming out and giving us so much information, now we just need to the trustees to follow his lead and tell us what's going on with them.

To be honest it is quite disappointing for it to be revealed that we haven't managed to pay off any of the debt, I was kind of hoping that we'd been able to pay off most of it and push on next season without having to worry about the bank.

Still if we can finish above 13th then we might be able to improve further especially if we manage to lose a couple of big earners without weakening the team.

It's also a shame we've not managed to reduce the wages, there's been a fair bit of talk about how we had done, but we haven't. I hope they prove worth it.

:mellow: i would think the trust are breaking jack's legacy at the moment,jack would never have wanted to see his beloved rovers struggling as they are at the moment,to many cowboys at ewood for my likeing ;)

Your inability to differentiate between 'too' and 'to' really leaves me questioning whether you really are an adult.

Having read JW's piece, I think he answers every question and comment that has ever been raised on this MB.

It is seriously scary that after taking £12.5m in from player trading, Rovers remain at or near our overdraft limit. I had hoped and believed that things are not that bad but JW is the man who knows.

Having read JW's piece, I think he answers every question and comment that has ever been raised on this MB.

It is seriously scary that after taking £12.5m in from player trading, Rovers remain at or near our overdraft limit. I had hoped and believed that things are not that bad but JW is the man who knows.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if he hadn't read them first so he knew what to answer.

And is probably tearing his hair out in frustration at some of the follow ups...

QUOTE (Ste B @ Sep 7 2009, 19:24 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And is probably tearing his hair out in frustration at some of the follow ups...

Maybe. There are bigger challenges in life though than answering questions from a M/B.

John is a top man Ste, no doubts about that. It isn't unreasonable though, that when we become a big selling club - i.e. a club that has sold it's three most valuable assets within 12 months, and yet all that we see is that the trustees have withdrawn their £3m annual input which doesn't in itself explain what's happening - that some of the fans will ask questions. No doubt the questions might go on for a while yet, but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. If there had been false accusations of where the money had gone, he would have reason to be frustrated.

Let's be honest, it's because the fans have been asking that he's given them the answers. Good on him for that. He's a honest fellow and get's much respect for that. Personally, I don't go along with the views that the club should never be challenged. It's better for everyone if they are. Oh and challenging the club doesn't make anyone less of a fan. [and that wasn't aimed at you]. :)

Maybe. There are bigger challenges in life though than answering questions from a M/B.

John is a top man Ste, no doubts about that. It isn't unreasonable though, that when we become a big selling club - i.e. a club that has sold it's three most valuable assets within 12 months, and yet all that we see is that the trustees have withdrawn their £3m annual input which doesn't in itself explain what's happening - that some of the fans will ask questions. No doubt the questions might go on for a while yet, but there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. If there had been false accusations of where the money had gone, he would have reason to be frustrated.

Let's be honest, it's because the fans have been asking that he's given them the answers. Good on him for that. He's a honest fellow and get's much respect for that. Personally, I don't go along with the views that the club should never be challenged. It's better for everyone if they are. Oh and challenging the club doesn't make anyone less of a fan. [and that wasn't aimed at you]. :)

Excellent post den. Couldn't agree more.

I suppose the most sobering thing about this is that even if we stretch ourselves to achieve break-even at operating level that still leaves nothing for player acquisition. So trading is the name of the game.

I’m not entirely comfortable about funding wages from transfer fees but developing players, buying low and selling high has, by necessity, become part of our business.

Well that has depressed the hell out of me, John. I guess we don't want the financial bubble to burst after all as the inflated transfer fees are a major source of meeting our costs - never mind profit!

Unless we find a buyer, who wants to see BRFC prosper, we won't be long for the Premier League.

Other than that the piece just reinforced my belief that John Williams is a damn good bloke.

Archived