BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Spending

Guest Kamy100

Finally read the John Williams article on the LT. Very impressed with the way he has come across (as everyone else is).

To me it just sounds like if we can keep a 41 million dollar wage bill going then we can be a successful trading club as long as we finish around 13th spot each season. This would mean that we would have to sell someone next season to lower the wage bill, but if we finish 10th and get more TV revenue we might not have to. Personally, I wouldn't worry about our club being in trouble, between John Walker and Sam we have a strong management of the club and I trust them to keep the club out of trouble. Our team, while not filled with superstars, is quite strong and has plenty of depth, so I think a finish of around 11th is pefectly realistic. I would be very happy if we finished 11th and gave ourselves room to progress next season.

It's not quite doom and gloom yet, with responsible management, we don't have to worry about our club turning into Newcastle.

What is the next biggest wage bill in Blackburn? Anyone?

While we're at it - which company in Blackburn was the last with a wage bill that was bigger than Rovers?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived