BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview

• Backroom
Same here, though its Wolves we are playing.

Aye, but still, no easy games in the premiership. It seems he's got his tactics spot on, as Dunn has caused them all sorts of problems and Roberts has got on the score sheet.

Selection vindicated, it would seem!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye, but still, no easy games in the premiership. It seems he's got his tactics spot on, as Dunn has caused them all sorts of problems and Roberts has got on the score sheet.

Selection vindicated, it would seem!

Obviously got his tactics spot on, as its working today. Not sure they would have worked against a decent team though.

Wolves are a poor side that will be going down imo.

unfortunately i havent been able to see the match, but im certainly pleased to hear how its going.

today is really about getting the win, but doing it in convincing fashion, must be a huge confidence boost for the team and us supporters :D

• Backroom
Obviously got his tactics spot on, as its working today. Not sure they would have worked against a decent team though.

Wolves are a poor side that will be going down imo.

Hopefully he'll have other ideas against better teams. By all accounts we deserved something from City, battered Sunderland and even though the West Ham game was dire we never looked in danger. Winning 3-0 today. He seems to have gotten the tactics right for almost every game thus far, just a case of bad luck and a bit of a lack of quality hurting us.

Wolves may go down, but they'll have a lot of competition for those spots by the looks of things. I think Portsmouth, Bolton, Hull, Birmingham and Burnley will be scrapping along with them.

Told you. ;)

A lot of people with egg on their faces here today.

The only thing that could make today better is if Kalinic comes on and bags one.

Yep, I for one. Not been negative at all, in fact today's been reminiscent of the preceding 3 games but we've got just reward for our attacking play. Dunn has followed on from the second half against West Ham and been superb.

Oh, and Burnley getting beat 4-0.

Great result, and fair play to Sam for proving the doubters wrong.

Surprised Kalinic or Di Santo weren't given a run out. Seemed like a prime opportunity for them to get on the scoresheet.

I also just realized that Wolves' goalscorer was the guy/giant I recommended in the summer.

Just seen this amazing statement in the BBC Match report:

The build-up to the game was dominated by talk of Blackburn's failure to score in three consecutive home games stretching back to the tail-end of last season.

Queen Victoria was on the throne when Blackburn last experienced a comparable goal drought, but no one will have been more unamused than Wolves manager Mick McCarthy at the manner in which the Lancastrians consigned the unwanted record to history

?

great to get 3 points on the board, not sure i agree with this counting as sam proving doubters wrong, 3-1 against the one of the weakest sides at home isn't particularly special. would have been good to get our new signings on once the game was safe or play with 2 upfront considering the opposition. Only my opinion, I have total faith in sam, hes the man

oh and thumbs up to the rovers sg twitter page, thanks for providing game updates - http://twitter.com/roverssg

Archived