BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting to see Paul Robinson pointing at El Hadj Diouf giving him a public rebuke after the Wolves goal.

Robbo didnt hide his emotions to who was to blame when constantly pointing at El Hadj.

I think he bollocked Chimbonda too for showboating and losing the ball cheaply on the left wing. He was right to do so too.

I think tashor in the sam thread has summed up my feelings very well.

Only seen 2 minutes of match highlights in which MGP swung in a fantastic free kick which samba would have scored from had he a forward's instinct, another free kick from which MGP hit the post and then an absolute peach of a ball perfectly timed for Roberts to fluff his 1 on 1 but Dunny smacked in for number 3.

MGP must have been awful the rest of the time to get some of the reviews on here.

Only seen 2 minutes of match highlights in which MGP swung in a fantastic free kick which samba would have scored from had he a forward's instinct, another free kick from which MGP hit the post and then an absolute peach of a ball perfectly timed for Roberts to fluff his 1 on 1 but Dunny smacked in for number 3.

MGP must have been awful the rest of the time to get some of the reviews on here.

This is the enigma that is Gamst. In the last two games, more than half of the time he has had the ball, he has ended up giving it to the opposition!

(Telegraph stats).

I haven't watched the game, but from what I understand Roberts scored 1 and set up another... so was he really that bad?

No he had a decent game and was too strong for both centre halves. He's not a real top striker and he has his strengths and weaknesses but we all know that anyway.

I imagine that if we play 5 midfielders then Andrews will continue being a starter until he has a bad run of form or Sam decides someone like Emerton or Reid deserve to be played ahead of him in centre mid.

If we play 4-4-2 though, I don't see him starting ahead of Dunn and Grella. I'm seriously excited about the potential of Dunn and Grella putting a consistent string of games together. I've said this multiple times before, but the combination of Dunn and Grella can easily be in the top 10 strongest in the Premier League. I don't want to exaggerate and say it could be the best because there are now a lot of quality teams and players out there.

I haven't watched the game, but from what I understand Roberts scored 1 and set up another... so was he really that bad?

Sorry Miker, 'his goal' was a lucky deflection from a fine Givet header. Even when the tannoy announced it as a Roberts goal, the crowd continued to sing 'Ole Ole Ole Ole Givet Givet'.

His 'assist' was actually another one-on-one miss which Dunn had to follow up to make sure it went it. Had Dunn not been there, it could have crawled in but it could have been cleared by defender coming back.

We won against a poor Wolves but if Roberts continues to be our first choice (and only) striker our goals are going to have to come from midfield.

Diouf or Emerton? It's a no brainer. Emerton everytime. Diouf is talentless, lacks pace but works hard. Jacobsen crosses the ball better.

Rubbish. As opposed to Emerton who really is less talented, has pace and works hard.......... Oh and I cross the ball better.

Big Sam needs to sort out set pieces. It's not just diabolical, it's criminal. Worse there seemed to a rotation with no one responsible for good delivery. Dunn was the only effective player from dead ball.

Have you forgotten MGP thumping the post with a free kick in the first half?

Almost every single corner went to the first man on the near post, then he tried to hit one a bit longer and it was pathetic how far away it was from human life.

........ I remember a guy who used to sit near me who thought Tugay was rubbish and wouldn't accept anything else, even when that volley from the corner went in ("lucky strike - on another day it would have hit us up here!")

Had he a white stick? Tugay is the most skillful footballer that I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt since Duggy......... and rem Duggy had been playing bowls for 4 years at Tugays age.

I think he bollocked Chimbonda too for showboating and losing the ball cheaply on the left wing. He was right to do so too.

Only watched the second half but I thought Chimbonda was a little too casual for all of that second half.

Once he dived in for a challenge inside his own penalty area, fortunately he missed the player and ball. Then another cross he allowed to go over his head fortunately again the bounce went over the Wolves player who was dangerously positioned behind him. Two lucky incidents were Chimbonda got away with it on another day against higher quality opposition we/he might not be so fortunate.

Almost every single corner went to the first man on the near post, then he tried to hit one a bit longer and it was pathetic how far away it was from human life.

The corner that sailed over everyone's head wasn't Pedersen. I think, but I'm prepared to be corrected on this, that it was Diouf.

That's harsh. Some of those Rovers fans in the JW lower could be described as human - in the right light. It's only my opinion, of course.

Eh? I no longer have any respect for your opinion of Andrews. At least give credit where it's due.

And I no longer have any repsect for your grasp of irony. How you read the paragraph I wrote and seemed any of it worthy of a serious response is beyond me.

Pedersen played alright. I think everyone needs to realise that when he has the ball hes only got ONE player to aim for whose in a more forward position than him. If that player isnt in a good position then what does he do or have to do, his options can be severly limited at times.

MGP is a very good player for Rovers a very good player.

Rubbish. As opposed to Emerton who really is less talented, has pace and works hard.......... Oh and I cross the ball better.

Emerton has pace? Where?

Doof is a good player, and very important to us in the system Allardyce is clearly going to use on a weekly basis.

MGP is a very good player for Rovers a very good player.

I couldn't disagree more. Once we sign a decent centre midfielder, Pedersens position is the next on the 'to do' list.

Great day our and I thought at times we played some scintillating football. Wolves may have been poor but if they'd won they have had 7 points? Us 1.

Everyone played well. Dunny was a class act though.

- Nelson looked shaky but he's had a layoff

- Pederson was ineffective so don't believe Sky. Dunn took one corner on target and we scored - Pederson never beat the first man. I think he'll start but with maybe Saldago coming on. (Looked class to in the few minutes he was on.) Competition for his place at last.

- Chimbonda was excellent going forward and in attack - should be a laugh watching him against Warnock next week - he's 2x the player Warnock will ever be.

- Nowwww ..... Robbo.......can someone learn him to catch please. Some horrid flaps.

Oh and Keef was very good! - sorry guys (perhaps should have scored)

Still we're moving!

-

Pleased with yesterday's performance allbeit against a weak side. The defending was a bit sloppy in the first 20 minutes or so and we could have gone behind against a better side but we didn't.

Those who keep demanding 4-4-2 seem to miss the point that Dunny is playing well because he has the freedom to get forward and doesn't have to track back in the 4-5-1. Also Diouf playing yesterday made a big difference as he is used to the system and makes it attacking when we've got the ball as he gets forward to join Roberts and Dunny. Against West Ham we didn't have that and Roberts got isolated- that was down to intent as well as Sam seemed pre-occupied with us keeping a clean sheet.

I thought Pedersen, Dunn, Diouf and Roberts all looked threatening yesterday and Grella was solid but central midfield is where we struggle against a lot of sides and I'd like to see Emerton given a run in place of Andrews-he looked promising when he played there a few times before his injury. On Super Keith, he's like a ref, if you don't notice him much then he's had a good game. Didn't notice him much yesterday.

I thought Pedersen, Dunn, Diouf and Roberts all looked threatening yesterday and Grella was solid but central midfield is where we struggle against a lot of sides and I'd like to see Emerton given a run in place of Andrews-he looked promising when he played there a few times before his injury. On Super Keith, he's like a ref, if you don't notice him much then he's had a good game. Didn't notice him much yesterday.

So at his best, Keith is neutral- neither good for us nor bad for us...

Sorry, I could not resist that one. I completely agree with your comments re Emerton but I suspect we will see Nzonzi coming back to replace Keith first.

Thought he looked solid. He wasn't at fault for the first goal, it takes a stunning tackle to dispossess Diouf in that situation - the player that played the no look pass into Diouf's path is the one to blame for that goal.

Diouf took the ball from Mancienne, the goal couldn't have been more his fault.

Hmm, having seen this replayed on the TV several times, the passer is undoubtedly the prime culprit. That said, Mancienne could have rescued the situation had he gone for the ball with greater resolve. Diouf was in no way in control of the ball when he arrived to make the tackle/block.

Archived