BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview

Welcome to Rovers, good to have you and your positive slant aboard :D

I agree with you about Big Sam. Many of my mates are Bolton fans and they still can't speak highly enough of him. They don't think he played long ball, hoof ball or anti football. They all say that their time as Bolton fans has never been as exciting as when Big Sam was there.

The only people who complained were the managers and fans of the teams they beat. That'll do for me.

I loved it when Wenger complained we had been a bit too rough for them under Hughes. It meant we had got to him and played well and that's how it was was for Bolton whilst they were qualifying for Europe for the first time in their history.

As far as I am concerned the longer Big Sam stays the better - if not only because if he becomes our longest serving Manager, Spency's head may explode :lol:

yes,I have mates who are Bolton fans too and I went to see them a few times when Sam was manager - one of the reasons I cashed in on the ticket offer. Bolton were really good to watch, a lot of the time - and there were many epic matches. So i think the anti-Sam camp is miles off track to be honest. I also watched Blackpool several times when Sam was in charge, and they played the game on the deck most of the time, and went about 26 games with just one defeat. He managed Notts County to the Div 4 title too, and they finished about 15 points clear.

At Bolton the fans had the pleasure of seeing their team upste big teams regularly, and also of watching players like Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Campo, Gardner, and others. It was not anti-football, it was a very positive @we are going to beat you' type of football. Megson is the master of anti-football. two banks of four, and no flair in sight. And some of the pretty sides are quite one-dimensional, the football is quite predictable. I thought Rovers varied it quite a bit yesterday, and it will improve with time.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if things aren't as they always are in the past, why are you so obsessed with how Allardyce did at Newcastle? His record at Rovers has been good, surely that's all that matters?

How's his record at Rovers against the big teams?

And some of the pretty sides are quite one-dimensional, the football is quite predictable.

:lol: This legitimately made me laugh out loud, thanks!

I want to see football players playing football! Let them off the leash, let them pass, let them express themselves, let them entertain. This rigid, military, one-dimensional crap is painful.

Go and watch Man Utd then mate, actually even then you wouldn't get that kind of football, managers won't let players 'off the leash' what would be the point of having a manger if they just let the players do what they want. Jose Mourinhos Chelsea played a military stlye one dimensional game also. Look where it got them. Sams doing the best he can with a small budget and average players, you are living in a dream land.

How's his record at Rovers against the big teams?

You always manage to avoid answering the difficult questions don't you.

Allardyce has had a successful managerial career, his darkest moment being sacked by Newcastle despite having them 11th in the league. With this in mind, what on earth leads you to think he's certain to get us relegated.

You have an obvious agenda, and it's lead solely by hatred for an individual, an individual you've never met, which does nothing but show your knowledge of football to be very limited, and also shows that your general human principles make you a bit of a w*nker.

I'm sick of this.

I LOVE BLACKBURN ROVERS. I have my entire life. The poison infecting our club now is only going to lead to certain relegation, and God knows when, or if, we'll ever recover from it. THE POISON YOU TALK ABOUT SEEMS TO BE ONLY IN YOUR HEAD.

With Allardyce's one-dimensional, ineffective tactics, lack of ambition against the big sides and his absolute inability to attack teams, we're going to struggle severely. YESTERDAY'S GAME WAS HARDLY ONE-DIMENSIONAL. IF YOU COULDN'T SEE THE ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL YESTERDAY, I SUGGEST YOU START FOLLOWING ANOTHER CLUB.

The time to get rid of Allardyce was over the summer (when he was making noises about walking anyway - presumably he changed his mind after realising no other club would touch him with a barge pole). I fear for our future. THAT'S FAIR ENOUGH IF YOU FEAR THE WORST. BUT DON'T EXPECT THE REST OF THE WORLD TO SHARE YOUR BLINKERED VIEW.

Question - If we have 6 points at the start of November, what happens then? THE RUN OF FIXTURES BETWEEN NOVEMBER AND FEBRUARY SUGGESTS THERE WILL BE PLENTLY OF OPPORTUNITES TO PICK UP POINTS.

Quite heartened by yesterday's performance. Did we play as well as that at any time last season?

The mix was spot on from where I was sat. Mainly pass and move with the long ball game mainly restricted to set pieces, throw ins etc. Have got to say the defence really looks the part now. Possibly Chimbonda struggles a bit with being on the wrong foot most of the game, but we have some really quality defenders there now.

Midfield have certainly worked on closing the gaps between the midfield and forwards so plainly apparent against Wham. The balance between attacking players and sitting midfielders was much improved. We always seemed to have enough support for the forwards, while we still had everything covered in front of the back four.

I don't honestly remember Dunny working harder in any previous game. He might have played better in some games, but I don't think he's ever worked so hard, for a full 90 mins before. Brilliant game David, well done.

Roberts did as much as he could. Again, he worked his socks off, as, to be fair, did all the lads. Wolves were never allowed to get the ball and keep control, we were in their faces all game.

Having said all that, Wolves looked and played like an academy side. They were very obviously weakened by injury - and shouldn't McCarthy have played the two lads who turned up late, then dealt with them on Monday? Every point is going to be critical to Wolves and they should be putting their strongest side out, especially in games like these that they must have thought that they had a real chance in. Saturday's drubbing from Rovers, who could have had 6, must have come as a real bummer to them. I would imagine they expected that they would be not too far behind our lads.

Sam will stear us more than clear through our rough October. Based on yesterday's performance, I am betting-

Rovers over Everton (A)

Rovers over Aston Villa (H)

Rovers draw Arsenal (A)

Rovers over Burnley (H)

Rovers, unfortunately, will likely lose this match at Chelsea (A)

Rovers, unfortunately, will likely lose this match at Man Utd (A)

Rovers over Portsmouth (H)

I am feeling pretty confident. We are more than a match for the Villas and Evertons of the world. And even though Chelsea and ManU will be tough and I think we'll not come out on top, I wouldn't put it outside canny Sam's ability to bring home a draw in either match.

We'll be better than mid-table by November. And the doomsayers will still be moaning and, likely, secretly pricing Burnley jerseys.

This rigid, military, one-dimensional crap is painful.

Really? I know I missed part of the match because Mr Roversmum was being hauled off to hospital in an ambulance but I enjoyed what I did see and didn't think it one-dimensional. I thought the idea of the game was to get the ball in the opposition's area and score a goal. Hmmm, obviously that's not the case. I'm getting rather worried about you, Spencey7, I think you need some counselling or some anti-depressants.

If you want to see mind-numbingly dreadful football (apologies to Fulham Fan) I have just wasted 45 minutes watching the second half of the Fulham/Everton match. I kept trying to switch it off but in the end, after a stunning goal by a chap called 'Duff' (seem to know him from somewhere...) after which he hobbled off injured, had to see if Fulham could pull it off.

p.s. Mr R is okay, just some sort of allergic reaction to some blood pressure regulating tablets he is taking.

Thet suggest that you didn't go yesterday. Peds ball to Roberts for the 3rd, 31 consecutive passes in the second half to the accompaniment of the crowd doing 'Oles' and some delightful crisp and mesmeric one two's between the players yet you missed it all apparently. :rolleyes:

Suggests to me Spencey that you are a fake.

From someone who was at the game:

Spencer- did you miss the above, is that hoofball? I have not read ONE other message on this board or in any review which states that we played "Hoofball"

I will put a bet of £50 with you right now that under Sam we will NOT be relegated, put your money where your mouth is <_<

I think I speak on behalf of most when I say Spencey, just eff off! All you speak is negative bile, it is tiresome and you offer nothing to the board at all. You have always seemed to have an agenda, wasn't it you who in 2005 spent every post saying Todd is a thug and how our club is disgraceful for playing him? <_<

We win and all you can be is negative. Us failing and Sam taking us down is all in your head - there is no evidence to suggest this will happen, and stop mentioning Newcastle because they were 11th when he left. We all know the Geordies love a good 'manager out' protest every year. Spencey, would you rather we had Ince? Because if we did, we would be looking up enviously as Burnley enjoyed Premiership football, as we failed in the Championship.

Its the sarcastic and/or sensationalist tone that annoys me. Go on Clarets Mad, they will enjoy your Sam bashing. They may even join in too ;)

Loads of positives for me yesterday, 3 points, the way we mixed it up, Dioufy and Dunny were well up for it, and the one touch stuff in the 2nd half was brilliant, Ole's at Ewood??? I'll have some more of that!!

I'd have liked to have seen us go for the throat with the 2 new strikers, but if BS wants time on the pitch for Nelson, Tugay in disguise and Emerton, who am I to argue???

After seeing the dingles defence at Anfield, I'm well looking forward to watching us rip them to shreds. "We want 5!!!"

Well done BS and your staff !!

Not too much to add that hasn't already been said, but I like Lars Jacobsen a lot - haven't seen a downside in him yet.

He did not make a single mistake on Saturday. Superb performance.

Amazing how a piece of luck can change things. I was rather close to where Diouf scored the opener, and I swear I thought he had missed. It looked like the keeper had got enough on it to and the ball had gone wide. But low, it nestled in the bag of net, hardly ruffling the old onion bag.

If it had gone wide, I rather feel the game may have gone a completely different way, but the luck we missed so much in he first three games changed-and Rovers did not look back thereafter.

Great day, apart from once again only one kiosk open in the DE for a pint, and needless to say there was no chance of getting one due to the size of the queues. Bit different from the Jack Walker Upper where I used to sit-no boozehoounds up there!

Finally, remember how nice the weather on Saturday was kids, 'cos I reckon we won't see the same again till May next year-think about that sunshine in January when it's -1 and freezing to the marrow!

Amazing how a piece of luck can change things. I was rather close to where Diouf scored the opener, and I swear I thought he had missed. It looked like the keeper had got enough on it to and the ball had gone wide. But low, it nestled in the bag of net, hardly ruffling the old onion bag.

Amazing how many strikers now just seem to hit it at the keeper. I could not believe EHD not rounding the keeper and was thinking why he risked poking such an imp chance straight at the keeper. I was still wondering when Rooney did the same v Spuds. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to rounding the keepers? Compared to when I was playing it must be a piece of cake nowadays that the keepers hardly dare dive at the strikers feet and the chasing defenders dare not tackle from the back, yet we see so few strikers attempt it. Baffling. :blink:

Amazing how many strikers now just seem to hit it at the keeper. I could not believe EHD not rounding the keeper and was thinking why he risked poking such an imp chance straight at the keeper. I was still wondering when Rooney did the same v Spuds. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to rounding the keepers? Compared to when I was playing it must be a piece of cake nowadays that the keepers hardly dare dive at the strikers feet and the chasing defenders dare not tackle from the back, yet we see so few strikers attempt it. Baffling. :blink:

Just like Gerrard did yesterday. ;)

Blimming heck Rooney had two guys breathing down his neck after evading their 'challenges'. That was some goal - I don't think he had time to take on the keeper.

Diouf and Roberts on the other hand...

good win..good performence but i left with the feeling we should of gone at the juguler and come away 6 or 7 goals to the good.think weve seen one the relegation teams.

Very much agree

... the luck we missed so much in he first three games changed-and Rovers did not look back thereafter.

That's correct

Blimming heck Rooney had two guys breathing down his neck after evading their 'challenges'. That was some goal - I don't think he had time to take on the keeper.

imo he had time for another touch but there you go.

btw to all our know-all football purists who pretend that football is a science it was a result of a 50m hoofball from the right back position too. :P

Archived