BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview

How does Salty know what William Shakespeare looked like ;) There was only ever portraits of him.

Crikey , if we had to rely on portraits, Picasso looked like a fridge with eyes, and God knows what Henry Moore's female relatives really looked like :lol:

P.S. I believe HenryVIII determined to marry Anne of Cleves after seeing a portrait by none other than Holbein - turned out she coul dstop a clock at 10 paces - hence her knickname, "The Flanders Mare"

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone - it's spelt S-A-L-G-A-D-O ffs.

Not Salegdo, or Salgardo or any other of the myriad permutations that seem to appear.

Thank you.

;)

YEAH!!!

And his first name is Michelle.

....and we have a Nicola up front!?

Do we have any more girls playing for us? Paula Robinson... ha ha

Guest charlie1

If most players are fit i would go:

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Hoilett Grella Dunn Pedersen

Di Santo McCarthy.

Prediction:

Rovers 0-1 Wolves

Robbo

Hoilett Grella Dunn Pedersen

Di Santo McCarthy.

Keef will definitely start 100% fact I wish people would understand that he is the first name on the team sheet.

I know most fans dont like him because he is'nt exotic and comes from lowly MK Dons, he was also an ince signing.

I am glad we have a player like Keef because your guaranteed 110% from him and I think the younger players in the reserves

and academy should look up to him more than the rest of the squad, as it shows that as a player if you apply yourself to the best

of your ability and work hard we have a manager who appreciates a real grafter.Keef aint no witschge and im glad, we need a Keef

To balance the squad because heaven forbid we have a few players who dont always fancy it.

So to conclude Keef will start

Keef will definitely start 100% fact I wish people would understand that he is the first name on the team sheet.

I know most fans dont like him because he is'nt exotic and comes from lowly MK Dons, he was also an ince signing.

I am glad we have a player like Keef because your guaranteed 110% from him and I think the younger players in the reserves

and academy should look up to him more than the rest of the squad, as it shows that as a player if you apply yourself to the best

of your ability and work hard we have a manager who appreciates a real grafter.Keef aint no witschge and im glad, we need a Keef

To balance the squad because heaven forbid we have a few players who dont always fancy it.

So to conclude Keef will start

Blimey?

It looks like Nelsen got a full 90 min shift in last night.

New Zealand: Mark PASTON (GK), Ben SIGMUND, Ivan VICELICH, Ryan NELSEN (Captain), Tony LOCHHEAD, Michael MCGLINCHEY (Aaron SCOTT 46), Tim BROWN, Simon ELLIOTT (Andrew BOYENS 90+5), Leo BERTOS (David MULLIGAN 76), Shane SMELTZ, Rory FALLON (Andy BARRON 79).

Substitutes not used: Jimmy BANNATYNE (RGK).

Will Sam now risk him, moving Givet to LB and Chimbo to RB.

It looks like Nelsen got a full 90 min shift in last night.

New Zealand: Mark PASTON (GK), Ben SIGMUND, Ivan VICELICH, Ryan NELSEN (Captain), Tony LOCHHEAD, Michael MCGLINCHEY (Aaron SCOTT 46), Tim BROWN, Simon ELLIOTT (Andrew BOYENS 90+5), Leo BERTOS (David MULLIGAN 76), Shane SMELTZ, Rory FALLON (Andy BARRON 79).

Substitutes not used: Jimmy BANNATYNE (RGK).

Will Sam now risk him, moving Givet to LB and Chimbo to RB.

Chuck in a long flight back with connections on top of 90 minutes in a Wednesday World Cup Qualifier and I cannot see Sam starting the Admiral.

Cant see Nelsen playing cb first choice for us for at least a while, he'l have to win his place back.

Why drop Samba and Givet when they played a blinder against WHAM.

Salgado Samba Givet Chimbonda

I love Nelsen to pieces but think thats our strongest and most likely defensive lineup.

As for the whole team i'd go for:

Robinson

Dunn Grella N'Zonzi

Diouf Kalnic Gamst

Subs - Brown,Nelsen,Jacobsen,Andrews,Reid,McCarthy,Hoilett

Sam's comments ahead of the match are pretty strong so early in the season, saying we must win at all costs.

Sadly, looking at our fixtures coming up (particularly in October), it is really important to pick up 3 points on Saturday, or it could be a very tough season. Once you are down in a scrap, it can be very difficult to come out, as we know from last season.

Don't think Sam will play 1 striker for this one or when most of our strikers are fit/ready, he said himself the only reason he did it against West Ham was because Di Santo & Benni were injured (and he wanted to east Kalinic in).

I cant see us ditching the 4-3-2-1 formation from the other week - towards the end of the game we were looking decent + Dunn had his best game for a while. Hopefully we'll see more of the side that created the chances rather than the droll for 70 minutes but I wouldnt be surprised to see the same starting line up unfortunately.

I'd go with :

Robbo

Grella Nzonzi

Emerton Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic

I cant see us ditching the 4-3-2-1 formation from the other week - towards the end of the game we were looking decent + Dunn had his best game for a while. Hopefully we'll see more of the side that created the chances rather than the droll for 70 minutes but I wouldnt be surprised to see the same starting line up unfortunately.

I'd go with :

Robbo

Grella Nzonzi

Emerton Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic

good team, will go for that. it should give us a good win. 3-1

I'd go with :

Robbo

Grella Nzonzi

Emerton Dunn Pedersen

Kalinic

When you consider we have a fully fit team and we are at home i would be disappointed if we play just one up front. Not too sure Kalinic ticks all the boxes as a lone targetman either, looks more of a poacher/ needs someone upfront alongside him type of player to me.

I'd go with (assuming everyone is fit):

Robbo

Diouf Grella Dunny Pedersen

Kalinic Di Santo/Benni

I think its too early to play Reidy and Emerton from the start, rather put them on with say 30 mins to go. If Nelsen isn't fit then i'd move Chimbonda to left back and bring in Jacobsen or Salgado to right back.

The only folks who will have the first clue about Saturday's line-up are the ones watching training today when everyone (15 players were away I think) is back from international duty with or without bumps, jetlag and hangovers plus seeing how ready the injury-hit players are and judge how Salgado and Kalinic are adjusting to life at Brockhall.

Apart from Robinson in goal and Givet playing somewhere at the back, I'd say all the other nine places are up for grabs. So Robinson, Givet plus nine from Jacobsen, Salgado, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Samba (dropable after recent performances), Grella, Dunn, Andrews (I wouldn't put him in the list but...) Emerton, Diouf, MGP, Hoilet, McCarthy, Roberts, Kalinic.

So that is 9 from 15 names, none of whom would raise an eyebrow of surprise if they appear on Saturday's starting list. That is before considering van Heerden who by all accounts had a good 60 minutes midweek, the fitness of Reid, any of the youngsters like Doran, or a fringe player like Zurab who did well against Italy.

Sam's reported comments about winning suggest 4-4-2 which is no bad thing.

Crikey, I missed Nzonzi off my list! So that is 2 plus 16 names to pick 11 from.

A year or so ago Nelsen would have been first choice defender. Then it was Samba and now I bet Givet is first name down.

Samba has had a poor start to the season by his standards.

Crikey, I missed Nzonzi off my list! So that is 2 plus 16 names to pick 11 from.

A year or so ago Nelsen would have been first choice defender. Then it was Samba and now I bet Givet is first name down.

Samba has had a poor start to the season by his standards.

Agree with that plus Givet was signed by sam himself

i was worried with samba being shaky, that a club had come in for him and unsettled him

weve got him at least till january

Cant see Nelsen playing cb first choice for us for at least a while, he'l have to win his place back.

Why drop Samba and Givet when they played a blinder against WHAM.

I love Nelsen to pieces but think thats our strongest and most likely defensive lineup.

As for the whole team i'd go for:

Robinson

Dunn Grella N'Zonzi

Diouf Kalnic Gamst

Subs - Brown,Nelsen,Jacobsen,Andrews,Reid,McCarthy,Hoilett

Agree with the first half of your post but why does the same reasoning not apply to Jacobsen. He's unspectacular going forwards but has done nothing wrong. Think Salgado has to win his place as well. Can't have one rule for one, one rule for others.

Archived