BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poached Eggs

Poached eggs and ketchup does sound messy; HP sauce on the other hand ......

My old gran used the old-fashioned method of boiling water and vinegar and they came out perfectly every time. Seems the old culinary skills aren't used any more.

I wonder if any of these celebrity chefs could poach an egg properly ?

Apparently it's not that easy. That's why someone started a thread about it. Berk.

So why criticise some young bloke on TV for a basic cooking skill that it appears from those two posts that you have not been able to master in the last 60 plus years? Old berk.

So why criticise some young bloke on TV for a basic cooking skill that it appears from those two posts that you have not been able to master in the last 60 plus years?

Who said I'd ever tried poaching an egg ? Not me.

And I'm not criticising "some young bloke on TV", merely posing a rhetorical question about celebrity chefs.

Your lack of reading and comprehension skills would shame a 5-year-old.

Going back to the poached eggs, we're having them for lunch here today. Can't wait !

Your lack of reading and comprehension skills would shame a 5-year-old.

Going back to the poached eggs, we're having them for lunch here today. Can't wait !

Why can't you wait? According to you they'll be crap...........unless of course your grandmother is still poaching eggs at 120 years old.

My old gran used the old-fashioned method of boiling water and vinegar and they came out perfectly every time. Seems the old culinary skills aren't used any more.

Now you've commented on my reading and comprehension skills so lets hear about yours please magoo? Off you go.:P

Why can't you wait? According to you they'll be crap...........unless of course your grandmother is still poaching eggs at 120 years old.

Now you've commented on my reading and comprehension skills so lets hear about yours please magoo? Off you go. :P

Well, Mr Thicky, the poached eggs here are always lovely (I never said they were "crap" - that's you inventing words again), but I haven't a clue how they make them.

Perhaps they use boiling water and vinegar, but they might use some new-fangled method. Who knows ?

Please go back your Janet and John books. You might learn something.

Poached eggs and ketchup does sound messy; HP sauce on the other hand ......

I wonder if any of these celebrity chefs could poach an egg properly ?

'Celebrity' chefs insist that the end result should give you an egg that resembles a ball of mozzarella. I only started this because I know people love them and find them difficult to cook, this bloke sums the whole thing up >>>>>> http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/

'Celebrity' chefs insist that the end result should give you an egg that resembles a ball of mozzarella. I only started this because I know people love them and find them difficult to cook, this bloke sums the whole thing up >>>>>> http://www.b3ta.com/features/howtopoachanegg/

Some of those photos are revolting, which shows there's nothing better than a nicely cooked egg on a plate and nothing worse than a badly cooked one.

I don't know how my old gran did it - except perhaps experience and lots of practice. Maybe people these days don't have the time or the patience to learn.

This thread is an absolute classic.

Definitely golden yoke.

PS' drog now I know why you turned out the way you did, not being taught to read with Janet and John books stunted key parts of your development.

Nothing stunted about my key parts I can assure you Gunner! <_< If anybody has stunted bits I'll wager old Jimbo is unlikely to raise anything more than a smile these days. In fact I'd guess he's more interested in poaching eggs than fertilising them. ;)

You jumped up idiot. There are many good suggestions on this thread, but putting ketchup on a poached egg isn't one of them.

Oh yes it is.

Hitler. Fascist, Nazi. & other stuff to you matey.

Used the cling film method to cook two perfect poached eggs yesterday morning - absolute genius. BRFCS tip of the year, from adopted scouser. :tu:

Archived