SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst Adverts

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I used to love the ad for the sweets, 'Bring on the trumpets'

My ultimate worst is Boots xmas ones 'here come the giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls' horrid

Some adverts annoy me so much I turn the channel over:

BT Broadband with that cheesy lanky ginger bloke

GO COMPARE.....Ridiculoulsy irritating!

The new Halifax advert - going on the charm offensive like a right bunch of ****'s!

The Sun advert promoting the monday pullout with them cockney swines Ian Wright and Arry Redknapp (although don't mind El Tel)

:lol:

Very nice. I agree though, Go Compare is second to only We buy any car...........dot com, We buy any car...........dot com, We buy any car...........dot com, any any any any, We buy any car...........dot com ad infinitum.

Remember a similar ad about a year ago on the radio (might even be the same company)

wewillbuyyourcar.com wewillbuyyourcar.com wewillbuyyourcar.com wewillbuyyourcar.com wewillbuyyourcar.com wewillbuyyourcar.com ...that was pretty much it. Made me turn to 5 live immediately!

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely despise the confused.com ads. All that happy clappy family fun crap over a bloody insurance website - what a load of nonsense.

I also hate those Wii ads (currently starring PJ and Duncan) and their Nintendo DS spin-offs. All that stuff about playing on your assorted Nintendos with your mum, your dad, your granny and your bloody dog is absolutely ridiculous and so fake. I love my parents dearly but I'm not going to sit down and play a computer game with either of them for fun. It all distracts from the fact that the Wii is an inferior gaming system of course.

• 2 months later...

The Volvic 14-Day Challenge Advert…

I hate this and the Shaggy Do lookalike they got to do it with a passion and mainly for these reasons…

1) The whole campaign is based on a myth, ergo that drinking more water than a human needs will make you more healthy. Just see how he words the claim and how they word it in the small print (i.e 'may' help as part of a healthy lifestyle)

2) When he says "I've got 5 minutes off work and I'm gonna have a cheeky Volvic". There is nothing 'cheeky' about drinking a legal substance on a designated lunch break (unless he stole the Volvic that is)

3) At the end, to prove he is now more active he is pictured wearing a baseball glove and he points to it when he says the word 'active'. It's blatentaly an American who came up with this ad and anyway Baseball is hardly the most active game in the world is it.

Also, what so 'challenging' about drinking more water? When you watch the ad you can't help feel it was originally for an anti-smoking device which went bust and they didn't want to drop the concept so they just applied it to water.

If I owned a bottled water company my angle would be simple...drink our water because the stuff from the tap tastes like cr*p, I don't see much more you can do.

Right now I would be trying to drop the volcano line too :lol:

True! LOL

I have a mate (who isn't a complete nob) that looks a little like the guy in the face. I'm tempted to get him to wear a wig and film him doing the Vodka 14-Day Challenge.

...a litre and a half of that a day for two weeks days and then I would be impressed :)

• Backroom

Has anyone seen the Whiskas advert with the woman grilling chicken? I'm sure the guitar in the background is playing Freelove on the freelove highway, the song that David Brent played in the office.

The Volvic 14-Day Challenge Advert…

2) When he says "I've got 5 minutes off work and I'm gonna have a cheeky Volvic". There is nothing 'cheeky' about drinking a legal substance on a designated lunch break (unless he stole the Volvic that is)

That's the bit that winds me up everytime I see it! What the hell is cheeky about having a Volvic! Somebody needs to give him a 'cheeky' slap!

On the subject of adverts, and apologies to our American fans, but if anyone has watched much American television their adverts bug the hell out of me! Half of their adverts are for fast food and the other half are for fitness equipment or vitamain supplements!

I can't get those stupid '5 dollar footlongs' and 'A box that rocks' etc etc.

They also annoy me because I always see how much cheaper they are over there :P

• 3 months later...

And while I think on...those new Halifax adverts on telly where they pretend to be working in some sort of radio station, but where nothing is connected up and soundproofing seems to be totally unnecessary. Really annoying indeed, as is the Santander one where they reprise the We Are Ladies sketch from Little Britain, last seen being funny about five years ago.

And while I think on...those new Halifax adverts on telly where they pretend to be working in some sort of radio station, but where nothing is connected up and soundproofing seems to be totally unnecessary. Really annoying indeed, as is the Santander one where they reprise the We Are Ladies sketch from Little Britain, last seen being funny about five years ago.

I've got money invested in Santander! Don't tarnish their reputation with inaccurate statements!

Nationwide are using Little Britain. :P

I hate the BT ad that's on at the minute featuring that lanky tw@t Kris Marshall. He and his mates are trying to watch something online and the bloke's "dodjee routah" is playing up so they all leg it to Marshall's to watch it using his high speed broadband. It's smug, self-satisfied, cringe-worthy and (probably because you can't see what they're looking at) bordering on nonsensical. Arrgghhh. :angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HZIeghzRrg

I also seriously detest every single one of those 118 118 commercials. What on earth is the point?

Flip it for a sec, how about the best advert. For me at the moment it's the one for Sky Sports with Eric Cantona.

Makes me smile, Eric is one cool bloke.

I do like the adverts, but I'd rather his face didn't appear right at the top of the rovers.co.uk site on the sky advert banner!

• Backroom

Flip it for a sec, how about the best advert. For me at the moment it's the one for Sky Sports with Eric Cantona.

Best advert for me is the Honda impossible dream, love it

Archived