BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Broadband - 20mb - £13 For Year

Check this offer out..............BARGAIN

02 Broadband, first 3 months free.

Unlimited downloads & free wireless router.

£9.79 a month for 02 users. So total cost of - £88.11

However if you use topcashback - you also get £75 cashback - therefore the 12 month contract costing you just £13

Check this offer out..............BARGAIN

02 Broadband, first 3 months free.

Unlimited downloads & free wireless router.

£9.79 a month for 02 users. So total cost of - £88.11

However if you use topcashback - you also get £75 cashback - therefore the 12 month contract costing you just £13

Sure about that? A lot of ISP's claim that they are unlimited, but they use a 'Fair Usage Policy' (FUP) or some sort of traffic management policy for example at peak times.

I'd take a look at the small print.

having worked for BT broadband i can say a FUP means that if you use what is excessive or use your connection in such a way it has a negative effect on another customers connection than your speed will be restricted, BUT this can only be done after the end user has been informed they are using excessivly (SP?) generally a FUP is several 100 gig but i have seen people get into the TB's and nothing has been done.

in all thats a bargain

My friend uses O2 broadband and tells me that they are really good, he said the service is reliable and he has had very few drop outs. On that basis this is superb deal.

Unfortunately I do not have a BT line so have to stay with Virgin Cable.

Yeah I use 02 too.

The customer service number is free (and your not hanging on forever) - they also have an online chat support and also they sign onto your computer and do it for you if you are not very IT literate.

most companies can do that, though i never let BT do it to mine lool. good thing about that is you still have full control over your pc

• 2 weeks later...

O2 Broadband is a cracking deal, because it's BE Internet's service rebadged and slightly cheaper (if you have an O2 mobile I think). BE are one of the better ISPs and whilst there is small print in their AUP threatening to cut serviced for shifting huge amounts of data, I've never known it enforced, nor are they using traffic shaping (where p2p is slowed so other stuff can remain quick).

Quick question....

If you get a wireless router - but your PC isnt wireless, can you still wire it to the pc via the ethernet cable and then use it as wireless for other devices??

My PC wasnt wireless, but I paid about £8 for a wireless USB thingy!

My PC wasnt wireless, but I paid about £8 for a wireless USB thingy!

Iv set it up now. Got the pc wired via the ethernet cable and the wireless works for other things - spot on! No need for any extra costs!

Also when I set it up, it wasnt working so I phoned 02. Anyway he said once 3 months is up, reduce my package (as line wont get more than 8mb) and then it will reduce by £2.50 a month.

Once I do that - 02 & Topcashback are paying me for having the 02 contract!!

Archived