BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton V Blackburn Preview

Nate

I may be wrong but do Everton not prefer a 4-5-1 formation? Therefore having an extra body in midfield to sit back and nullify our main threat in Dunn?

Despite that statement I remain optimistic for sunday, most likely a 1-1 but hoping for a 2-1 win. Pedersen free kick and another one off Robert's backside from a long range Dunn effort.

I would not really call their formation 4-5-1 its a bit like ours in some ways given that Cahil and co play a bit more forward.. which might mean we cancel each other out. Not really sure how to describe their formation.. lol

4-1-2-3-1? I just think with Neville and Arteta out they lack the firepower up front and the defence against our 3 with our probable 2 def midfielders and 3 attacking midfield players.

Anyone know if Nzonzi is back for this one.. would love to see who sam chooses with a near fully fit squad.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim Howard is in the category of poorest keepers in the league imo. If we bombard the goal with crosses and shots then we could get the 3 points.

I'm sure they are saying the same about ours...

Still think this is winnable. Hope we can get Emerton in the side alongside Grella.

Tim Howard is in the category of poorest keepers in the league imo. If we bombard the goal with crosses and shots then we could get the 3 points. Everton are there to be had without Arteta and Neville and we have a squad with mostly everyone fit and pushing for starting places.

He can also be quality on his day too - lets not speak too soon eh!

lucash is rumoured to be signing on as a toffee...

could add a bit more interest to this gamed. go on MGP, stuff him

If Mucas did sign for the Toffee's I don't think he's be ready to play on Sunday. It would be an extra incentive to do them over if he did play though!!!

I really do think the game id there for the taking. I'd have written it off 3 weeks ago but we looked good against Wolves and the lads are pushing for places. MGP had a great game on Saturday, let's hope he keeps it up and makes Everton suffer.

If Mucas did sign for the Toffee's I don't think he's be ready to play on Sunday. It would be an extra incentive to do them over if he did play though!!!

I really do think the game id there for the taking. I'd have written it off 3 weeks ago but we looked good against Wolves and the lads are pushing for places. MGP had a great game on Saturday, let's hope he keeps it up and makes Everton suffer.

Wouldn't we be guaranteed a penalty if Neill plays?

Fellaini is the one that worries me most, he's such a threat in the air coming forward from midfield. He hasn't scored yet this season but has had two cleared off the line, so it's only a matter of time. I'd definitely put N'Zonzi up against him if he's fit.

Fellaini is the one that worries me most, he's such a threat in the air coming forward from midfield. He hasn't scored yet this season but has had two cleared off the line, so it's only a matter of time. I'd definitely put N'Zonzi up against him if he's fit.

Exactly what I was thinking - NZonzi should come in for Andrews

I think this is a winnable game. Good record against Everton last season and they won't be ready to kick start their season just yet by Saturday.

Probably stick with the same team as we had against Wolves, with the exception of maybe Chimbonda or Jacobsen getting dropped in favour of Nelsen, Salgado or Emerton. We'll stick with the 4-2-3-1 system as well and probably try to keep a clean sheet or get a 1-0 win.

My bet is on a 1-0 win, but I have a feeling this will end goalless like West Ham :(

Saha sent off tonight for 'cuffing' some Johnny foreigner who went down like a tonne of bricks in the 92 min. How stupid was Saha? Thick sod..... Nobody to blame but himself! Moyes must be fuming. If he is going to get sent off he may as well have given matey a right old haymaker. The punishment is the same.

AEK illustrate exactly why Derbyshire is doing OK they are second rate.

People accuse me of being pessimistic, yet most of what I see here is predictions for a draw. Against a team that has lost most of what made it good last season and is struggling. Attack after attack and we'll do the job, if Allardyce gets the team right.

People accuse me of being pessimistic, yet most of what I see here is predictions for a draw. Against a team that has lost most of what made it good last season and is struggling. Attack after attack and we'll do the job, if Allardyce gets the team right.

They have reinforced their team since losing Lescott. They're still missing Jagielka and Arteta, but they have enough quality in the team to be a challenge. I know it's only AEK Athens, but they beat them 4-0, so they'll be pretty positive on Saturday.

I just think it's going to be tight from both sides and if we do win it will be 1-0.

I had been optimistic before last night but AEK were exactly what we did not want Everton to face in the Europa League.

Everton's new/recovering boys did very well and they have a massive morale boosting win under their belt which means they will be all guns firing on Sunday.

Everton still give chances though- AEK had opportunities. Rovers have to be clinical about taking the chances we get on Sunday and for that reason I am going for a 3-1 win for Everton on the assumption Sam choses the same starting XI as appeared against Wolves.

Looking at the other games this weekend that probably means a return to the bottom 3 ahead of 4 difficult games and the dingles.

Archived