SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton V Blackburn Preview

Nate

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this will be a scrappy game.

Everton's Europa match works both ways. Yes, a win does give them a much needed moral boost, and psychologically must take some of the pressure off them. However, it was still a midweek game, their players will be more tired then ours. Given that I feel this will be physical - ok being honest a scrap - this could be a big advantage for rovers, especially in the latter stages of the game.

We've cause for optimism. For the first time in yonks, the bench looks to have some strength to it. We've recorded our own moral boosting win at the weekend, and some players in particular are looking rather good this year.

I doubt there'll be many goals, or even many chances. On the one hand, I think Roberts up front will be useful for the physical battle. However if our one chance falls to him, I'd not be too optimistic on us scoring. His lack of finishing could mean the difference between a win and a draw. Dunny and co are really going to have to support him well, as they did Wolves, if we are to take our chance.

Everton do have some good players, and moreover they seem to drag you down into a scrap which they excel at, so it'll be far from easy. Yakubu and Cahill to me are the main threats. Thankfully we've got Givet, and Grella's performing well at the moment, both of whom I imagine will be charged with keeping those too quiet. Good games from our "G team" could well be the deciding factor.

Overall though I'm going for a 0-0 which suits us better than Everton. Think we're more likely to nick it though.

So, Bilyaletdinov went off with a groin injury and I saw Pienaar with an icepack on his knee towards the end of the match.

Any idea whether or not these 2 will miss sunday? I've had a good look around the everton sites for any word on this but there's very little. Probably a bit early, they'll need to be properly assessed etc. i suppose.

It would be another major boost to have those 2 out of the way as well as arteta and neville.

Everton looked good last night, very good. Theres me thinking they'll struggle this season after the Dingle defeat then I watch them last night, Everton are a team who will improve and definitely finish top eight.

We'll probably have solo Jason Roberts versus Yobo and Distan, for me the Everton pair might aswell get the cigars out now. That Fellaini character looks to have the edge over his oppononets with his physique which begs the question have we got anyone to match him in midfield cant think of anyone. Then theres their weak link for me in Baines, can or do Rovers have anyone to exploit him on the day. All in all far too many negatives than positives hopefully big Sam will have a cunning plan this is a game were everyone will need to earn their money.

Lawro predicts 2-1 Everton

I just cant see it from this Everton side, they are missing good players in a small side. They will still be unsettled in defence due to the changes.

We will be out for blood and we will outnumber them in midfield, they will counter down the flanks and I feel confident enough in our DL and DR. We should out jump them in our box and theirs.

Smells like a win.

There team is unsettled after Lescott, Distin has come in and won't be settled in yet, RB for them is a huge problem with Hibbert there, think its time to unleash Kalnic and Roberts together and get the ball up in the air, as many crosses in as Howard can sometimes be a version of David James, Kick lumps out of them, won't be pretty but we need the 3 points here.

Fellaini is the one that worries me most, he's such a threat in the air coming forward from midfield. He hasn't scored yet this season but has had two cleared off the line, so it's only a matter of time. I'd definitely put N'Zonzi up against him if he's fit.

Its either a team who hasnt won in ages, plays Rovers and they win. Or its a player, who cant score and then plays against Rovers and finally he scores.

don't know if this has been mentioned, but think Mr. Neville is out, as my dad was at a meeting in Manchester on Wednesday and he was walking round on crutches! Good news if he doesn't play!

:lol: Its been all over SSN for the last week - yes he's out for some time.

Hopefully Yakubu & Saha get struck down with a stomach bug on saturday evening...

Think I'll be boring and go for a draw, 1-1. Fellaini and Kalinic.

Everton will be poor but it'll be another one of those games where we should have put lots of chances away but didn't.

Going to it. Looking forward to visiting one of the few remaining old grounds/surroundings.

Wouldn't look forward to going to the ground - the match perhaps but the ground is a dump or at least the away fans area is.

Archived