BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

5 live basically saying our entire team is poor. Even saying that 17 yr old Jones won't be good enough to start in the league next week, no S H * T

I think we all need to listen to these guys and admit we arent that good then we will have a chance of improving.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The harsh reality that no matter how biased they are we have sounded very average, it doesnt sound like we have strung 2 passes together all game.

The only reason they are commenting on this game is because 5 live smelt blood and wanted to see us lose.

True, looks like we are going through on the back of an average performance and a bit of luck. Thing is this performance tonight gives Sam the backing to bring the likes of Pedersen and Roberts back, he can just say i made changes but it didn't work so i'm going back to these players.

90 MINS: WOW, The corner comes in from the right, Adebola powers the header goalwards and Robert Earnshaw somehow manages to hook the ball over the bar. It'd be tremendous defending if Earnshaw wasn't a Forest attacker.

Sounds like Forest have taken a page from our books...

Maybe its jsut different here in the US of A, but wouldn't you expect the major media outlets, in the lesser cup competition, to simply use the local commentators instead of sending the prime announcing talent to every single league 1 and championship pitch in the country?

• Backroom
Oh to still have Tugs, he would have had the guy screaming with his leaving the field tactics.

Benni has taken that role on .... at least tonight he did according to Radio Lancashire commentary :lol

• Backroom
True, looks like we are going through on the back of an average performance and a bit of luck. Thing is this performance tonight gives Sam the backing to bring the likes of Pedersen and Roberts back, he can just say i made changes but it didn't work so i'm going back to these players.

But Pedersen has been one of our best players this season, Roberts I agree is crap but Pedersen isn't the problem

Maybe its jsut different here in the US of A, but wouldn't you expect the major media outlets, in the lesser cup competition, to simply use the local commentators instead of sending the prime announcing talent to every single league 1 and championship pitch in the country?

Believe me, when Semi final and final approaches the best commentators, will be around.

Just a few quotes from RoversRadio and Rovers.co.uk to brigthen the day:

"Phil Jones has been really impressing"

"I cannot believe such an accomplished performance from a 17 year old."

"This evening just get better and better for the Rovers youngster. he's been absolutely impeccable"

90+2 MINS: Rovers make their final change, Benni McCarthy makes way for Pascal Chimbonda. McCarthy is in no rush but he finds time to applaud Phil Jones as he makes his way off the pitch, nice touch.

Benni McCarthy is the hero as the goal scorer, and goalkeeper Jason Brown after saving a penalty for Rovers. But the main man, it's got to be said, is 17 year old Phil Jones. What a performance from the young man!

Archived