BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at some of the reviews of Kalinic - I wasn't very impressed at all.

He isn't very good at holding the ball up, isn't particularly quick and isn't particularly skillful. I'm not sure what he has that makes him worth 6m.

Last Nights Player Rater:

HOILETT: 7 - Two good feet. Ability to create time for himself. Progressive player. Excited about prospect of him on either wing or in the hole.

Are you serious ??

I didnt see him kick the ball with his left foot all night and if he had he would have twice been in behind the entire back 4 but had to stop to come back on himself with his right foot

Are you serious ??

I didnt see him kick the ball with his left foot all night and if he had he would have twice been in behind the entire back 4 but had to stop to come back on himself with his right foot

I clocked this against Everton. A couple of times he came at the last defender and it was crying out for him to go outside and shoot across the keeper (or try and go past him like Torres at West Ham). Every time he cut in onto his right foot.

Not a criticism as such - just something the coaches should get him to work on.

I thought that last night was good. The game was a bit dire... but took a fair few and created an atmposhere. Especially in the top corner, on the left had side.

Apart from "Blackburn Youth" - the unscariest firm ever - coming in our corner singing racist chants. I thought the stewards were good too, didn't enforce sitting etc.

Was good to see you mate! Cheers for the hospitality etc :brfc:

Didn't know where you got off to, we managed to stay at the back where we were...

What racist chants?

It wasnt a good game as Forest brought us down to their level.

It was a cup game and we won so the performance doesnt bother or concern me one bit.

Not impressed with Andrews cameo appearance just glad his big ears stopped the Forest goal.

Returned with a bout of food poisoning, anyone else eat in the Trent Bridge pub ?

The journey back home was horrendous via the m62. <_<

For £6m he should be the finished article.

Come off it Den. Name another 'finished article' who moved for £6 million in the summer?

If you want a good comparison try Frazier Campbell - turned 22 last week, £6 million transfer fee. He scored his first goal in eight appearances last night for Sunderland. He's even had a couple of years PL experience and he's far from being the finished article.

Why would any player ever want to join us if we're writing a 21 year old international off after 4/5 games...not to mention a forrmer European Cup winner after a game and a half.

Job well done last night for Rovers a win is a win and we are through to the next round. Good to see Emerton, Reid get some much needed game time and benni back on the score sheet. I just hope Sam plays the same formation against Villa at the weekend now. Team for the weekend should be.

Robbo

Lars Samba Nelson/Givet Chimp

Emerton Dunn Grella Diouf

Benni/Di Santo Kalinic

yes he did, he just needs a break and to get fit.

den, he has the look of a quality player onc fit.

Glad you feel that way. I have only seen televised glimpses of him and my feeling is he certainly looks like a very decent footballer with a lot of hunger.

Unfortunately we have a run of five games coming up that are far from ideal for a youngster needing confidence and lacking real physical presence.

Bryan thanks for the Zattoo tip- they don't serve Malta at the moment unfortunately.

Come off it Den. Name another 'finished article' who moved for £6 million in the summer?

If you want a good comparison try Frazier Campbell - turned 22 last week, £6 million transfer fee. He scored his first goal in eight appearances last night for Sunderland. He's even had a couple of years PL experience and he's far from being the finished article.

Why would any player ever want to join us if we're writing a 21 year old international off after 4/5 games...not to mention a forrmer European Cup winner after a game and a half.

Comparing Kalanic and Campbell as likenesses? Campbell is proven at this level, he's done quite well.

I'll stick by what I said LeChuck, if we're paying £6m for a player, he must be either the finished article, or one of the top young strikers in the country.

:lol: i can't believe professonal athletes/footballers are'nt fit,just a poor excuse the next one will be his missing his mummy B)

He is fit Waggy, You and me know it don't we?

Robbo

Lars Samba Nelson/Givet Chimp

Emerton Dunn Grella Diouf

Benni/Di Santo Kalinic

I'd go with

Robbo

Lars Samba Givet Chimbonda

Hoillet Dunn Nzonzi Diouf

Benni Kalinic

Subs: Brown, Jones, Nelsen, MGP, Di Santo, Grella, Roberts

Comparing Kalanic and Campbell as likenesses? Campbell is proven at this level, he's done quite well.

He's proven at Championship level. He has done nothing in the Premier League. He might come good and I think Kalinic will.

:lol: i can't believe professonal athletes/footballers are'nt fit,just a poor excuse the next one will be his missing his mummy B)

it take times to settle in a new country and find out the pace of the premier league. Even some world class players like Bergkamp and Zola found it hard at 1st to find their own feet in the prem league

I'll stick by what I said LeChuck, if we're paying £6m for a player, he must be either the finished article, or one of the top young strikers in the country.

Campbell has scored one solitary Premier League goal! He's nowhere near proven. Even his goal last night was a penalty.

Allardyce tried desperately to get someone who could be considered the finished article and we were priced out of every single one.

Kalinic may well yet prove to be one of the best young strikers in the country, he needs far more to settle into a new country and a new style of play. At 21 he'll still be developing physically too, especially as the Croatian league probably didn't require him to push himself too hard in that respect. I expect this is an area where he has vast room for improvement, at 6'1 he's a very good size, he just needs to bulk up a bit.

Campbell has scored one solitary Premier League goal! He's nowhere near proven. Even his goal last night was a penalty.

Allardyce tried desperately to get someone who could be considered the finished article and we were priced out of every single one.

Kalinic may well yet prove to be one of the best young strikers in the country, he needs far more to settle into a new country and a new style of play. At 21 he'll still be developing physically too, especially as the Croatian league probably didn't require him to push himself too hard in that respect. I expect this is an area where he has vast room for improvement, at 6'1 he's a very good size, he just needs to bulk up a bit.

I hope you're right LeC. At 21 though, he aint that young. I have made the point about strikers having to be playing regular football by the time they turn 21/22, otherwise they drift away, ala Derbs, Gally etc.

Let's hope he makes it, but the reports from most on here say he's quite a way short at the moment.

Was good to see you mate! Cheers for the hospitality etc :brfc:

Didn't know where you got off to, we managed to stay at the back where we were...

What racist chants?

You too, cheers for letting me latch on to you and your mates'. I would have been bored if I never. I moved to my own seat; sort of... still got to stand on the back row.

They were singing: "We are the Rovers - we hate P**is", not very pleasant, at all. They are all about 10 as well.

You too, cheers for letting me latch on to you and your mates'. I would have been bored if I never. I moved to my own seat; sort of... still got to stand on the back row.

They were singing: "We are the Rovers - we hate P**is", not very pleasant, at all. They are all about 10 as well.

Ah, couldn't tell, thought everyone was singing "we hate Burnley", but I was a bit away from them..

No problem at all! Enjoyed it, will definitely be travelling that way again!

Archived