SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The team we will play will likely excite me more than our usual team, expect to see Hoilett starting and hopefully Kalinic will get 90.

Is N'Zonzi still injured and Di Santo?

If sam really is the expert, Forest are in for a thrashing on Tuesday.

Thats not true. We may be a division higher, but it's a cup tie, we are away from home and how often have we seen upsets occur in this competition. Surely Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Fulham would have been expecting to beat Burnley last year but all of those slipped up.

This is a difficult tie, and progression will be a success in my opinion.

Impress against Forest and keep the shirt

Big Sam has warned the players that after yesterday, most of their positions are in Jeopardy and that if anyone impresses in the cup then they will get a chance in that position.

Right thing to do in the circumstances. Agree that Hoilett, NZonzi and Kalinic should all play. Kalinic NEEDS a goal. He has looked so poor so far. People were giving Roberts stick, rightly, after Everton. But the Croation was substantially worse than big jase. Which is sad!

Team I would go for:

-------------Kalinic--McCarthy

----Olsson---NZonzi----Reid----Hoilett

Chimbonda---Nelsen----Samba---Emerton

-------------------Brown

Robinson

Emerton Samba Nelsen Chimbonda (or Givet- though he is very doubtful for the forest game)

Hoilett Reid N'Zonzi Diouf

McCarthy Kalinic

Reidy and Emerton will start if Sam is speaking the truth. Can't see them playing together in central midfield at their current level of match sharpness or fitness so Reid i think will be in the centre and Emerton either right back or right wing. N'zonzi playing the main holding/sitting role and allow Reidy to make forward runs, Diouf on the left wing as he can play there. Hoilett has to start imo, deserves a run in the team. Time to bring back a fat Benni, he offers far more of a goal threat than Roberts and Kalinic needs to get a run out and score some goals to get his confidence up.

At such an early stage of the season i don't see the point in resting Robbo.

I've changed my mind last minute and just been to th'Ewood Park and got a ticket. None of my mates' are going so I am going on my own! :D

What time does the ticket office open until? I do want to go to this game, but haven't found anyone to go with yet, and I'm not sure if i can afford the petrol alone!

Archived