BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will definitely be a lot of changes, we've got a number of players nearing full fitness who need a chance to prove themselves in the first team. I'd go with...

............... Robinson

Salgado Nelsen Samba Olsson

............ N'Zonzi Reid

.. Emerton McCarthy Hoilett

................ Kalinic

Impress against Forest and keep the shirt

Big Sam has warned the players that after yesterday, most of their positions are in Jeopardy and that if anyone impresses in the cup then they will get a chance in that position.

So if J Roberts scores a hattrick agains Forest, he keeps the shirt? Its clear Roberts is a good lower division striker. Im not sure why we actually signed Kalinic and Di Santo, if we dont intend playing them. I know Di Santo has been injured, but we need a change up front for 2 or 3 games.

I'd like to see the following:

Brown

chimbonda Nelsen Samba Olson

Emerton NZonzi Reid Van Heerden

Hoilett

Kalinic

I'd go with that. I never thought of Hoilett in AM role, but thinking about it, it could be perfect. Kalinic appears crap at everything BUT has shown he can hold up the ball, perhaps for Bert, Junior and EVH to run on to?

Robinson

Jacobson, Samba, Nelsen, Chimbonda

Holliet, Reid, N'Zonzi, Emerton

Di Santo, Kalinic

Dunno why but I really want Di santo and Kalinic to be given the chance to play up front together.

I reckon because they're both young and eager to impress they'll feed off each other and create a fair few chances....here's hoping

Hi all,

just want to wish the lads well tommorrow night I shall be listening to updates from my mum's and to let everyone know am off on holiday on wednesday to Menorca so you will all have peace and quiet from me for about 7 days Lol! am looking forward to sunbathing on the beach with my new rovers velour towel so should be good will see you all when I get back.

Laters all.

p.s. enjoy the trip to the city ground tomorrow night for everyone that is going up

Waste of time him coming really. <_<

At least we did not have to pay a transfer fee for him - will be in the club's best interests that Chelsea recall in January (which they almost certainly will), as our wage bill is bulging - wonder if Ellington will still be available then :(

Im praying that Brown doesnt play - he just isnt good enough!!

I concur. Sending Bunn out on loan and keeping Brown was a mistake.

We need to give Brown a game if only to protect Robinson.

Robinson could play. I presume keepers get the same level of fatigue as outfield players. If anything the more games the better really, keep up his good form.

Robinson should play - Brown is not good enough - We need to play a very strong side tonight - take it serious, get back to winning ways and get some of our attackers amongst the goals.

Kalinic, Benni, NZonzi, Emerton & Hoilett should all start - if we take tonight too lightly then we could slip up, it wont be easy!

My line-up, although I think Brown will start, Id have:

-------------------------------------------Robbo

Salgado------------Samba-----------------------------Chimbonda--------------Olsson

Emerton----------Nzonzi-----------------------Reid------------------------Hoillett

--------------------Benni--------------------Kalinic------------------------------------

My line-up, although I think Brown will start, Id have:

-------------------------------------------Robbo

Salgado------------Samba-----------------------------Chimbonda--------------Olsson

Emerton----------Nzonzi-----------------------Reid------------------------Hoillett

--------------------Benni--------------------Kalinic------------------------------------

Agree with everyone except Salgado. He was dire against Everton.

Archived