BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest Carling Cup 3rd Round Preview

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-0 win to us tbf, Brown Pen 87th min. Long ball forward results in a hand ball in their area!

It just reminders me of that joke....

England are about to play Scotland in a WC qualifier, Rooney is so confident of winning he decides to take on Scotland by himself while the rest of the lads go home and put their feet up.

Sure enough as the players back at the hotel check teletext they see England go 1-0 up thanks to Rooney, unfortunately Scotland then got an equalisier in the 89th minute to make it 1-1.

Later on the players meet up with Rooney and congratulate him on getting a draw all by himself, he isn't so pleased though and the players wonder why after he battled Scotland to a 1-1 draw all on his own for 90 minutes.

"I got sent off after half an hour" he says.

Love it!

I'd of played Robbo though

With Sam promising that if a player plays well he keeps the shirt for the Villa game, it's gonna be tough on old Browney if he has a cracker. I see no point in playing him whatsoever.

Other than that I'm fairly happy - good to see Kalinic and especially Hoilett. If Salgado gets raped down the right again at least we'll know he'll never make it here.

Roberts and Gamst aren't even on the bench though...kepping our 'star men' fit for Saturday I wonder.

• Backroom

I would have like to see Elrio start but I'm happy with that line up, time to step up to the plate boys.

Looking at the bench I'd expect Kalinic and Hoilett to get the full 90.

Hoping for:

---Brown--

-Salgado--Nelsen--Givet--Olsson-

--Emerton--N'Zonzi--Reid--Hoilett--

--Kalinic--McCarthy--

I'm happy! I don't know anything about this Jones tough, haven't given any serious attention to our reserves our youngsters since the days of Ciaran Donnelly...

Glad about that Line up. Make the players realise just how bad they were at the weekend.

I don't think they or we will find that out untill the Villa game. As I said above - I'm more worried that Gamst and Roberts are being completely left out so that they are raring to go (or not as per usual) this Saturday.

I don't think they or we will find that out untill the Villa game. As I said above - I'm more worried that Gamst and Roberts are being completely left out so that they are raring to go (or not as per usual) this Saturday.

Same here. Just hope Benni, Kalinic and Hoilett have decent enough games so that they have to feature in place of Roberts and Pedersen against Villa.

Archived