BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mastered Final Version Of Seven - Blackburn (rovers In His Heart)

Totally agree with Southampton Rover there - although I've had a few listens and I still don't like the voice - personal taste I guess but it grates on me a bit and makes the song sound more sombre than I think it should - I would have rather it been sung from the Blackburn fans point of view with a bit more added OOMPH. It's a fairly good tune though. If this is a new band a very good first attempt.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I suspect the video wont be put up but the song may play over a goal compilation.

I am sure that someone at Rovers would object to putting a pompy lass on the big screen with her baps out (although I would object more to seeing the bloke next to her right bap more)

I think that's the reason "Blackburn" by Seven gets such a crossover audience - people can relate because this isn't actually a football song. The song is involving Blackburn Rovers big time though, and I must admit that I would've been very pleasantly surprised and feel extremely lucky if I was a Blackburn supporter and this suddenly dropped through the door, even without notice!

When it comes to the video, I must repeat what I wrote in the first post, this is of course not a official video. It's just a video I made, visualizing some of the lyrics. We might consider doing a official video later.

Gogger asking about Spotify, it will appear on iTunes and Spotify during late october. "Blackburn" is track no. 8 on Seven's fifth album, entitled "The Fifth", due for release 20th of October through Mtg Records in Norway. You see the cover for that record in the start and end of the video.

So "Blackburn" is still underground material, unreleased :D The first single from The Fifth is "Dance Dance Dance", which you can check out here: Seven's Myspace!

Again, thanks to everybody taking time to give your feedback, it's appreciated. Spread the word, tell a friend!

Just out of interest. Is the singer a man or a woman?

Edit:

I've just looked on the myspace page and the singer appears to be a woman. At first I thought it was a bloke singing with a girly voice. Oops! My mistake!

How come the band decided to do a song about Blackburn? Do they support the club?

I'll probably get slated for this but I find it annoying. Do we really need tripe like this thumping out in matchdays? Pre-match can be embarrasing at times as it is, would rather they play some edgy music to get the crowd going, as they have been recently with kasabian.

As you seem to know the band and you support Blackburn. Are you the boy in the song?

Hehe, could easily have been me Tim, but in this case it isn't :lol: I'm doing some promo for the band, so I certainly do know them.

The unofficial video has now been viewed over 1600 times in just over a week, turning a 1000 views two days ago. Seven wants to thank everybody that helps spread the word, and they really acknowledge your many positive replys!

Been some posts since the link, so here it is again:

As you saw in the post just over here, the Lancashire Telegraph picked it up and wrote about it both on internet and in print. Two other UK papers have requested a interview with the singer today. One of them is Scottish (!), maybe triggered by the King Colin Hendry ref?

Still awaiting final info from the people behind the scenes at Ewood regarding playing the song matchdays, but soon everything is ready for surprising the quite many supporters and followers that haven't heard it yet!

Wishing everyone a nice Blackburn weekend, difficult game comin' up... Tell a friend about the song, and your opinions are appreciated.

IT'S OFFICIAL! The song will be played at Ewood against the Dingles! :rover:

This is just in; it is confirmed that "Blackburn" will be played pre-match at Ewood Park on Sunday. My contact Yardley in the broadcasting at Ewood tells me that they will air this through the speakers before the game against Burnley. They are curious about the reaction, so give a shoutout if you are attending and hear it over the speakers.

Thanks for your time and effort to everybody spreading the word! Looking forward to the song debut at Ewood, I hope you do too?

This is just in; it is confirmed that "Blackburn" will be played pre-match at Ewood Park on Sunday. My contact Yardley in the broadcasting at Ewood tells me that they will air this through the speakers before the game against Burnley. They are curious about the reaction, so give a shoutout if you are attending and hear it over the speakers.

Thanks for your time and effort to everybody spreading the word! Looking forward to the song debut at Ewood, I hope you do too?

Well done pal, pleased you managed to get it played.

Will have a listen out for it on Sunday. I think you've done this perfectly - if we win there's no way they'll be able to stop playing it before games!

The only bit I think they would have to edit (obviously assuming that they are just going to play the chorus) is "cos the boys from Norway".

The "Blackburn Rovers in his heart" going round and round might go down well though.

The only bit I think they would have to edit (obviously assuming that they are just going to play the chorus) is "cos the boys from Norway".

They will be playing the whole song, I have no reason at all to assume something else. I quoted the lyrics on page 1 of this thread, a minor misunderstanding here, as the lyrics go "cos the boy IS from Norway, and lost his heart to UK UK" meaning the boy in the lyrics, not the Blackburn boys of course :brfcsmilie:

@Tugay4England: thnx a lot, and thnx again for helping to spread the word!

I just got confirmed that the song is being played immediately before match start on Sunday, just to let you know!

They have now inquired price for 100 CDs to sell in the club shops and online, which would be super. I will fill you in further on this when it is 4 real.

Seven's fifth CD, simply entitled "The Fifth", will be released in Norway this Monday. "Blackburn" is track no. 8 on the full length CD, counting 13 tracks. Check out 3 of them (Blackburn being one) at Seven's MySpace

Archived