BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Aston Vanilla

CAPT KAYOS

This game could go either way, Villa are so dangerous on the break with their pace, I can't see Sam changing from his 4-5-1 formation and while I'd love to see Benni play I don't think he has the confidence to play him on his own upfront. I hope were not stuck with Roberts up on his own, if he does that then Hoilett definitely has to start on one of the flanks to give us something different in the final third.

Samba will be key for us coping with the height and physical prescense of the Villa front line.

I'd settle for a draw but if we can get on top early we could nick it, an early goal for them though might make it very one sided.

Come on Rovers!

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game could go either way, Villa are so dangerous on the break with their pace, I can't see Sam changing from his 4-5-1 formation and while I'd love to see Benni play I don't think he has the confidence to play him on his own upfront. I hope were not stuck with Roberts up on his own, if he does that then Hoilett definitely has to start on one of the flanks to give us something different in the final third.

Samba will be key for us coping with the height and physical prescense of the Villa front line.

I'd settle for a draw but if we can get on top early we could nick it, an early goal for them though might make it very one sided.

Come on Rovers!

We dont want to see Salgado and Nelsen running as if they are running through snow, especially against the pacey Agbonlahor. We need our fastest eleven on the pitch, if, that is, we have a fast eleven.

We dont want to see Salgado and Nelsen running as if they are running through snow, especially against the pacey Agbonlahor. We need our fastest eleven on the pitch, if, that is, we have a fast eleven.

We do actually. I see the only problems with pace will be at the back. Jacobsen is average for pace, but has excellent positioning. Samba is quick. Jones is a quick lad. Olssen is quick. The problem is that Olssen is pure horeshit at LB and Jones might have his confidence knocked if we get beaten.

Rovers to win. AV is a good team (and I admire their sponsorhip of Acorns), Warnock was a good player for us and Brad is a legend, but we have options within the squad, we are at home, and the players will be treating this as an opportunity to seal a first team spot and erase past embarassments. Rovers 2 - 1 Villa.

Got to fancy Villa on form. We have a good squad but under Sams negative football we are seriously lacking confidence and seriously under-performing. I can see Villa fans having a high expectation on the back of recent results and on the face of Rovers results.

However Sam KNOWS this is a crux match. Fans are disenchanted and he has tried to make appeasement's. More attacking passing football, a rollicking, early training sessions following Everton and a promise of several changes if we do well at Forest.

If the real Rovers turn up then I think home advantage will decide the fixture as Rovers players current stock is doubly down, playing for Rovers so they are undervalued and playing with no confidence. If SAM bottles it then I expect Villa to bank their expected win.

Having watched both teams the top player on the pitch who can decide the game will be David Dunn. With a strong Rovers line up he will run the game and open Villa up a few times.

Rovers must not pick

Selgado

Diouf

Andrews

Grella

Roberts

They must bring in

Hoillet

Kalinic

Emerton

Jacobson

Di Santos or McCarthy

NZonzi

More attacking passing football

I don't understand this, really don't - we have few quality players, especially in midfield, where passing the football accurately is a key requirement. So how can we play attacking, passing football?

Anyway, onto the game, I simply don't know what our best 11/formation is at the moment. Think defence picks itself, but not sure of the mix in midfield/strikeforce. Think Benni should be involved as has genuine quality, but he needs to play with Di Santo or Roberts.

Villa can mix it up physically and have pace, reasons to be worried. With black October looming best we really could do with the 3 points, but cannot see it. Worry is we get another thumping to knock confidence down even lower.

Doubt this will happen - but my team would be :-

Robinson

Jakobsen Samba Nelsen Chimbonda

Emerton N'zonzi Pederson

Dunn McCarthy

Roberts

I know lots of people don't like Roberts - but with Dunn and McCarthy picking up the pieces just behind him things may be better. I would also consider Junior rather than McCarthy - as it would add more pace to the team.

Why does no one think that Di Santo will start tomorrow? He didn't play against Nottingham because he was cup tied, but he has to be our first choice striker at the moment if he's recovered from his injury and is fit.

It'll be a sad day when our 1st choice striker doesn't belong to us and as of yet hasn't played for us!! 1st choice for me are Benni and Kalinic!! DiSanto and Roberts from the bench!!

It'll be a sad day when our 1st choice striker doesn't belong to us and as of yet hasn't played for us!! 1st choice for me are Benni and Kalinic!! DiSanto and Roberts from the bench!!

He played against Sunderland before getting injured? He looked good as well. We possibly have less than 6 months to use him, so I don't see why Sam would keep him on the bench if he's fit. Kalinic isn't ready yet, and I'll agree McCarthy is first choice, but I can't see him starting with either Roberts (who hasn't done much so far) or Kalinic (who isn't ready). Di Santo is tipped for big things, so I would expect him to be a starter regardless of who he belongs to.

Having watched both teams the top player on the pitch who can decide the game will be David Dunn. With a strong Rovers line up he will run the game and open Villa up a few times.

Are you serious? You have watched both teams and you honestly think the top player on the pitch will be David Dunn??? Really? I just can't see how he is going to be the player that decides the game and he will struggle to have more influence than some of our midfielders like Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov or Reo-Coker.

Are you serious? You have watched both teams and you honestly think the top player on the pitch will be David Dunn??? Really? I just can't see how he is going to be the player that decides the game and he will struggle to have more influence than some of our midfielders like Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov or Reo-Coker.

You're both wrong. Keith Andrews will be the one to settle the game.

I just looked at tomorrow's fixtures and we HAVE to win this game. It won't decide our season, but it will make things a LOT more positive. The teams in the bottom 10 are most likely going to lose their games, so a win will put us mid table and make things look better for October.

Guest andrewpickup

always so negative, dont bother going then, ill bet quite a few dont, or miss that late traffic

robbo- doing as well as any keeper in the prem at the mo

jackobsen- not a foot wrong

chimbonda- warnock not missed, if anything more composed

samba- playing well, a few inexperienced flaws as ever

nelsen- assuming givet is out, losing it a bit, still solid

hoilett- lost a bit of patience with mgp, more pace, can he play left? ive seen him forward and right

diouf- a lunatic, but our lunatic and spark and enthusiasm that is required

nzoni- better in that slot than grella or andrews

dunn- self explanatory

mccarthy- our best striker if he wants to be

di santo- deserves the chance that kalanic has not made the best of

subs/ nearly in

brown - goalie, not bunn though

kalanic- he deffo has something but is miles off the pace, we cant really afford 6m on that

mgp - improving a little still not what he was, lacks pace and confidence

emo- more or less fit, but never a winger and cant drop jackobsen

salgado- not worked out yet

andrews- proved his 'worth'

roberts- see above

reid- i see replacing nzoni long term providing he is back to fitness

ollson, our only defender sub

1-0 win

Archived