BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

If I'm honest this is the inbreds best chance to beat us for a long long time.

We haven't found our form yet and they have nothing to loose away from home.

On paper their team is shocking and I can't get my head around how they have picked up the results even though they have been at home. If they don't beat us on the 18th I am more than confident that Coyle will have left for a bigger club by the return game in March. The inbreds will be in free fall then and the points will be there for the taking.

I am completely caught up in all the hype and it's the only thing thats on my mind at the moment. I truly hate the dingles and (being 25 years old) have never felt defeat against them. The closer this game gets the more exciting it becomes. I'm constantly checking for stories and articles on the net but it still appears that outside of east lancs people are unaware of the passion and just how much hatred there is between us. I feel that if the fa cup replay had been televised then the whole world would have been witness to just how great this fixture is.

I just hope that the atmosphere and passion is as high as the fa cup replay because I feel that with the over the top policeing it may have taken something away from this game.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper their team is shocking and I can't get my head around how they have picked up the results

I hear this quite a bit. About how none of our players could get in your team. About all Fat Sam's nous in the Premiership. It's all good stuff. But bearing in mind you've such a vastly superior playing staff and such a clued up, astute manager it is a real mystery why we are happily looking down on you.

This isn't the Burnley team of previous visits, looking to either roll over or park the bus. We're coming to win and could well do it, not because it's our cup final or we're riding our luck, but just because - as the league table says - we're better than you.

I hear this quite a bit. About how none of our players could get in your team. About all Fat Sam's nous in the Premiership. It's all good stuff. But bearing in mind you've such a vastly superior playing staff and such a clued up, astute manager it is a real mystery why we are happily looking down on you.

This isn't the Burnley team of previous visits, looking to either roll over or park the bus. We're coming to win and could well do it, not because it's our cup final or we're riding our luck, but just because - as the league table says - we're better than you.

Bear in mind that this game isn't being played at Turf Moor, so your argument doesn't carry as much weight.

0-2, 0-3, 0-4 and 0-5 are the only results that count here in my mind.

I've only seen quite a goodly selection of the goals in the dingles' away games (F0 A14) but I have watched pretty well all of three of their home wins- Man U, Sunderland, Brum.

I'd say their secret is:

They try to pass it around a bit like Arsenal and particularly like to get the ball passed quickly across a diagonal formation to create an overlap on the wings which seems to work better than a straightforward hoof out wide.

They are good at providing short passing options for the man on the ball- often three easy outlets available.

They press well when not in posession.

Despite looking all keystone cops at the back, they actually protect Jenson quite well and the beast has been in terrific form when strikes get through.

They also manage to up the tempo at key psychological moments in the game and have scored at the right times when they have managed to get on top.

On the downside for them, their players are nowhere near Prem standard for the most part, never mind Arsenal standard. So a hard working opposition which closes down is going to get gifts all over the park as balls are mis-controlled and passes get intercepted. But woebetide anyone who lets them play themselves into a groove. Andrews-style midfield behaviour would invite disaster.

If Rovers really get at them and in their faces from the off, they will struggle enormously. All their back 4 look very rattleable Without Paterson they don't have anyone who can really do damage running with the ball and whilst Nugent is a big nuisance with a good first touch, only suicide defending is going to let him hurt us much. Blake on the other hand does have some true class about him but again a fit mobile Prem defence should shut him out without much bother. Fletcher has not shown any real Prem class from what I've seen.

I've only seen quite a goodly selection of the goals in the dingles' away games (F0 A14) but I have watched pretty well all of three of their home wins- Man U, Sunderland, Brum.

I'd say their secret is:

They try to pass it around a bit like Arsenal and particularly like to get the ball passed quickly across a diagonal formation to create an overlap on the wings which seems to work better than a straightforward hoof out wide.

They are good at providing short passing options for the man on the ball- often three easy outlets available.

Despite looking all keystone cops at the back, they actually protect Jenson quite well and the beast has been in terrific form when strikes get through.

They also manage to up the tempo at key psychological moments in the game and have scored at the right times when they have managed to get on top.

On the downside for them, their players are nowhere near Prem standard for the most part, never mind Arsenal standard. So a hard working opposition which closes down is going to get gifts all over the park as balls are mis-controlled and passes get intercepted. But woebetide anyone who lets them play themselves into a groove. Andrews-style midfield behaviour would invite disaster.

If Rovers really get at them and in their faces from the off, they will struggle enormously. All their back 4 look very rattleable Without Paterson they don't have anyone who can really do damage running with the ball and whilst Nugent is a big nuisance with a good first touch, only suicide defending is going to let him hurt us much. Blake on the other hand does have some true class about him but again a fit mobile Prem defence should shut him out without much bother. Fletcher has not shown any real Prem class from what I've seen.

Judging from this, and many other posts on here that I have read, none of you have any idea what to expect against us. For anyone bringing up our away results, I would just say, look at who we have played. Stoke (amazing home form), Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham. Better teams than us will get thrashed at places like Stamford Bridge and Anfield. Our home form has been excellent, but that is not because of Turf Moor, it is because we have had winnable fixtures (aside from the game against United of course).

We are a very good team under Coyle. You will see this, and you should be very wary of it. I have no doubt we will score at least once against you, and I think your goal threat is far less than ours. Your strikers are poor, but there is no doubt I am wary of Dunn (he will be well up for this game, and he has the quality). You say Fletcher has not shown any Prem class, he has been fantastic for us. His goal return has not been amazing, but he has only just notched and will be full of confidence going there. Bare in mind he plays off the wing for us, just like Blake, and it is Nugent that will be furthest forward. We have goals from midfield in Elliott, and Bikey showed he can finish at the weekend. Eagles provides pace and flair from the bench and we have a very attacking full back in Mears who would currently be probably every Clarets fans pick for player of the season so far.

I think it will be a 1-1 draw at Ewood if I am honest. I think we are quite evenly matched, your probably stronger defensively (Losing 6-2 at the Emirates is something many teams can do, they can just pull you apart) but I definetely feel we are a better footballing team with more talented individuals going forward.

I look forward to it immensely, two proper clubs going at it in the top league for the first time in far, far too long. Long may it continue season upon season.

I'd say their secret is:

Long shot i know but I am a Dingle looking for a job ,preferably on a permanent 6-2 shift.

Judging from this, and many other posts on here that I have read, none of you have any idea what to expect against us. For anyone bringing up our away results, I would just say, look at who we have played. Stoke (amazing home form), Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham. Better teams than us will get thrashed at places like Stamford Bridge and Anfield. Our home form has been excellent, but that is not because of Turf Moor, it is because we have had winnable fixtures (aside from the game against United of course).

We are a very good team under Coyle. You will see this, and you should be very wary of it. I have no doubt we will score at least once against you, and I think your goal threat is far less than ours. Your strikers are poor, but there is no doubt I am wary of Dunn (he will be well up for this game, and he has the quality). You say Fletcher has not shown any Prem class, he has been fantastic for us. His goal return has not been amazing, but he has only just notched and will be full of confidence going there. Bare in mind he plays off the wing for us, just like Blake, and it is Nugent that will be furthest forward. We have goals from midfield in Elliott, and Bikey showed he can finish at the weekend. Eagles provides pace and flair from the bench and we have a very attacking full back in Mears who would currently be probably every Clarets fans pick for player of the season so far.

I think it will be a 1-1 draw at Ewood if I am honest. I think we are quite evenly matched, your probably stronger defensively (Losing 6-2 at the Emirates is something many teams can do, they can just pull you apart) but I definetely feel we are a better footballing team with more talented individuals going forward.

I look forward to it immensely, two proper clubs going at it in the top league for the first time in far, far too long. Long may it continue season upon season.

Rovers have in Di Santos, a player who will be playing in the Chelsea first 11 in a few months time, a top young striker from Croatia and a top PL goal scorer in Benni McCarthy- Im not going to bother mentioning Roberts who has a better goal scoring record than any Burnley striker.

We have more attacking talent on the bench than Burnley have in their first 11- I will confidently predict a thrashing of at least 3-0 to Rovers- Wolves look a better team.

Rovers have in Di Santos, a player who will be playing in the Chelsea first 11 in a few months time, a top young striker from Croatia and a top PL goal scorer in Benni McCarthy- Im not going to bother mentioning Roberts who has a better goal scoring record than any Burnley striker.

We have more attacking talent on the bench than Burnley have in their first 11- I will confidently predict a thrashing of at least 3-0 to Rovers- Wolves look a better team.

FFS stop playing with fire angry.gif - and learn to spell Di Santo.

You could equally say we're going into the Burnley game with two young strikers who have never scored in this league or even in the Reserve Leauge North, one who will probably never play in the blue and white again under this manager (did you see BFS's face after Benni took that quick free kick yesterday) and one who has fallen so far from grace he hasn't made the last three squads - Roberts will have had a month without reserve or first team football by the time the 18th comes around unsure.gif

Ticket update:

Upper bburn end side of JW - 13 remaining - now 5

Lower bburn end side of JW - 18 remaining - now 16

Lower Darwen end side of JW = 95 remaining - now 78

Upper Darwen end side of JW = 127 remiaining now 120

= 253 total - NOW 219

I have seen a vast amount of Premier League football and I am absolutely convinced that this game is simply about one team - Blackburn Rovers.

We know what to expect from the dingles; they will be highly motivated and very well set-up tactically by Owen Coyle who will also have a plan b ) and a plan c) already worked out depending on how the game goes.

If Rovers play to our capabilities and with proper plan b ) and plan c) in the cupboard if needed we will beat them- we are stronger in every section of the park assuming we have a fully fit squad to chose from (which we know they won't).

If there are any muck-ups in team selection or in our tactics we are vulnerable, but it is entirely within the power of Sam and his squad to put this one beyond the dingles' reach irrespective of OC's motivatory skills and tactics and the dingles looking to end 30 years of hurt.

We are a very good team under Coyle.

Well you're crap away from home.

Our home form has been excellent,

No, your home results have been excellent. No doubt about that.

You got lucky against Man U, lucky against Everton and Sunderland should have been well in front before you got your chances. Apparently the game against Birmingham was poor fare and even then Lee Bowyer managed to kick the ball away from goal from 1 yard out with the keeper nowhere to be seen.

I have no doubt we will score at least once against you, and I think your goal threat is far less than ours.

You might well score against us, but how you come to that conclusion based on how many you've scored away from home all season [0], I don't know.

You say Fletcher has not shown any Prem class, he has been fantastic for us.

When I've watched you or Scotland, he's been poor. No way will he last in the Prem.

Very good and interesting post lukeazure :)

HOILETT HAS TO START RIGHT WITH DIOUF ON THE LEFT.

Couldn't agree more, Junior is capable of ripping them apart. If he starts, Dunny is on it as he has been and Di Santo carries on the same then we'll batter them.

FFS stop playing with fire angry.gif - and learn to spell Di Santo.

You could equally say we're going into the Burnley game with two young strikers who have never scored in this league or even in the Reserve Leauge North, one who will probably never play in the blue and white again under this manager (did you see BFS's face after Benni took that quick free kick yesterday) and one who has fallen so far from grace he hasn't made the last three squads - Roberts will have had a month without reserve or first team football by the time the 18th comes around unsure.gif

So I added an extra 's' to Di Santo, can you spell back bone? You certainly need one. Can you tell me Burnley's away record this season, how many have they scored and conceded and how many have they scored? What is our home record under Sam? Burnley are a sub standard team that will be found out by christmas at home and will be relegated with games to spare- that is not playing with fire that is me stating the obvious- quote my words back to me in May. :wacko:

Sam Dingle- Am I serious? Well you have one player who has scored more than ONE PL goal this season and he is on loan and did not score for years before. What is there to fear, your away record? 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0... Ill let you figure out the rest ;)

Di Santo is a Chelsea player and will play for them in January- which part of that is confusing for you, have you seen him play, do you think he is a substandard player?

Our worst striker- Jason Roberts scored 7 in 26 last year, no body in the Burnley team will get near it.

Benni has scored 36 league goals in 96 anybody close to that in Burnley team?

will you be attending this big game or is the midlands too far to travel?

Got other commitments so wont be able to make it, but I'm sure you'll make enough noise to scare the Dingles all by yourself ;)

I am very much looking forward to the game. There will be some on here (probably the older folk?) who detest us I imagine, I can understand that too, just as there are older Burnley fans who detest you.

I am not of that ilk. I am only 22 and in my lifetime, it's fair to say you have had not just the upper hand but the upper bloody torso. I have many Rovers fans as mates and I have always had healthy banter with them and prayed that one day we would be duking it out in the top division again. I have to be honest, there are times I have wondered if this would ever happen to us, but I can't tell you how happy I am that it has.

Preston are the team in my lifetime I have had a healthy dislike for, mainly because we played them twice every year. I am glad that normal service has been resumed in that our region has once again become the hotbed of top level football with so many clubs from our area now taking up space in the Premier League. I hope we both stay up, because I want this every season. Being able to have some fantastic banter with Rovers fans win, lose or draw.

I am very much looking forward to the game. There will be some on here (probably the older folk?) who detest us I imagine, I can understand that too, just as there are older Burnley fans who detest you.

detest? nah i dont detest burnley

I EFFFING HATE EM!!!!!!

So I added an extra 's' to Di Santo, can you spell back bone? You certainly need one. Can you tell me Burnley's away record this season, how many have they scored and conceded and how many have they scored? What is our home record under Sam? Burnley are a sub standard team that will be found out by christmas at home and will be relegated with games to spare- that is not playing with fire that is me stating the obvious- quote my words back to me in May. wacko.gif

Backbone is all one word you pr!ck. Like backside (talking out of). Learn to spell instead of learning Burnley's match stats, and repeating yourself in the same sentence.

• Backroom

Don't bite my head off but I feel we are setting ourselves up for a fall, the attitude is overly cocksure I think.

Burnley may have been lucky at times but still have beat teams that we have got beat by so they are more than capable of turning us over

If I'd been drinking tea I'd probably have spluttered it all over the keyboard. If it wasn't so depressing this would be one of the funniest posts I've read in ages. Di Santo in the Chelsea first team? Drogba and Anelka must be quaking in their boots. As for Kalinic, well when he learns where the goal is we can begin to make a judgement, McCarthy had one decent season and Roberts for all his hard work and committment looks a spent force. Our great attacking talent have scored one PL goal between them this season. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Archived