BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's good about next season is that the easy, comfortable, smug superiority you've enjoyed so much has evaporated. We'll both start on 0 points, in the same division.

If you want to claim bragging rights now, you'll have to start earning it, from day one.

Bring. It. On.

No, we still enjoy it. We've been in this league since 2001. We'll also still be here in 2010. You won't, so enjoy this singular season.

What's good about next season is that the easy, comfortable, smug superiority you've enjoyed so much has evaporated. We'll both start on 0 points, in the same division.

If you want to claim bragging rights now, you'll have to start earning it, from day one.

Bring. It. On.

Yet we can boast to be only one of four teams to have won this prestigious league. :lol:

Bring. It. On.

Been here before, perhaps you don't recall:

A great day

Actually, you're coming into a league for the first time which we have already won. We win.

Watched the game at my sister's in Darwen, a little help please.

Still recovering from all the drinkies at the Darwen music thingy the night before, and the hallucinogenic doner from the 'golden grill', I swear I saw a Burnley player taking a corner with a chocolate bar in his hand ??

Or was it a lucozade style foil pouch full of liquified meat and potato pie ??

Please tell me I wasn't alone in this ? :wacko:

Lol yeah I saw it also, the commentator said it was liquid carbs although with him being a fat b*st*rd I thought it was a mars bar.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I think that it'll be the older fans who agree with Dave's nostalgic view of the rivalry.

Many of the younger supporters (me included and I'm in my 30s) won't appreciate the 60s "school playground" rivalry mentality. For a good while it'll be a case of Burnley fans - so long in the shadow of Rovers success - trying to laud it over us. Maybe if we are both in the Premier League for a couple of years, it will be more like a proper rivalry.

Not that I really begrudge them their day in the sun (having calmed a bit down from yesterday) but we all know that the chavs (from both towns) will use this as an excuse to cause trouble and attempt to fight each other. This is one of the main reasons why I don't see the Darwen end having both sets of fans in it.

I'm not concerned so much with the on the field actions, since I'm convinced we'll beat them, but it's the baggage - in the form of hooligans pretending to be football fans.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I think that it'll be the older fans who agree with Dave's nostalgic view of the rivalry.

Many of the younger supporters (me included and I'm in my 30s) won't appreciate the 60s "school playground" rivalry mentality. For a good while it'll be a case of Burnley fans - so long in the shadow of Rovers success - trying to laud it over us. Maybe if we are both in the Premier League for a couple of years, it will be more like a proper rivalry.

Not that I really begrudge them their day in the sun (having calmed a bit down from yesterday) but we all know that the chavs (from both towns) will use this as an excuse to cause trouble and attempt to fight each other. This is one of the main reasons why I don't see the Darwen end having both sets of fans in it.

I'm not concerned so much with the on the field actions, since I'm convinced we'll beat them, but it's the baggage - in the form of hooligans pretending to be football fans.

Jisty, that's a good post.

I couldn't give a stuff, as long as we win.

Take your point about the baggage, unfortunate, but it's there.

Bring. It. On.

We already have the bragging rights Sam.

The only redeeming feature of Burnleys promotion is that it takes away the long lingering excuse of us being better because of money. As you say Sam, we both start on 0 points, you now have the Prem cash, so when you get relegated and we tonk you home and away next season you have only yourselves to blame, and no more excuses.

NEWS ALERT!!

There have been reports of a swarm of pests sweeping through East lancashire over the bank hoilday weekend.

The numptiusbunlehfanus (more commonly known as the dinglebug) was thought to be in decline with numbers reaching a low of 3,760 as recently as January this year.After a period of 33 years lying dormant,the dinglebug has seen a dramatic increase in numbers overnight.Experts have put this phenomenom down to the warm weather coupled with an anomaly which is believed to have originated in north london over the weekend,which has brought these pests out of the woodwork and into the open.

However experts at the centre of British Radical Flock Control (BRFC) expect the numbers to dwindle significantly over the next 12 months to a controllable level as previously seen prior to this event.It is thought the majority of the Dinglebugs will return to their natural habitat, never to be seen again.

Bring. It. On.

Do you mean bring on the cheque Sam, they better get it printed quick. What's the penalty for going into administration ? You'd have been on -9

Bring. It. On.

Yeah, bring it on. Just think, son, you'll be able to witness your 5th (yes, fifth) East Lancs Derby. Wow! Where were you when you last beat us, in your dad's ball sack? :lol:

I could never bring myself to congratulate them but, after a day to calm down, I think it will be fantastic next season. In fact, it will spur on many a Rovers fan to buy a season ticket even after those already contemplating it following the great price reductions recently announced. In short, it will be good for the area, Buhn-lah with a full house every home game and Rovers with a stadium fan base significantly higher than Buhn-lah's and which will equate to a virtual full house every second Saturday.

We're already talking about a minibus work's rideout. As you say lad, bring it on.

Bring. It. On.

I think you're wrong there fella. What you see as "easy, comfortable, smug superiority" is really a manifestation of the Burnley inferiority complex.

I think you'll find that it's largely been complete apathy.

Sure, there are those fans who still have a hatred of Burnley and vociferously sing the songs about Burnley being b*st*rds, etc, but for the most part no-one has really been interested in your team for about 9 years. Vinjay was the extreme case but he's partly right that we have had other teams and competitions to worry about.

As I've mentioned, we have the older fans who'll be relishing the reunion of old rivalries - in a good natured way but there are also youngsters around who barely knew that there was a football team in Burnley except for some nurtured hatred passed on by their parents and more informed peers.

As far as the football, I'm looking forward to It. Being. Brought. On. Just as long as you leave the hooligans at home and we do the same.

Hope you've enjoyed this season because it'll feel like a long time ago come next season. Already 2/1 ON for you to be relegated. But you won't care. Our season's target is a top half finish knocking on the door for Europe. Your target is 6 points. That's the difference between us.

:rover: with bumley joining the ranks of the premier,i wonder if they could stick with the same squad off players and survive a season in the premier.they could reward the players/staff who got them there,say a 200k bonus next season.bring in 2 or 3 players they would have brought in wether they were promoted or not.this season they have beat premier teams at home,drawn at chelski.maybe those players deserve a chance in the premier.i think a lot off teams promoted fall into the trap of buying poor players and giving them long contracts.if they were relagated they would have 50 million to build a better team,maybe build a new stand :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

With Burnley going down next season, will the "Coffin Tradition" continue. I'm sure I read it somewhere that it's a tradition between the 2 teams.

Can any of the older posters shed any light?

:rover: preston and rovers :closedeyes::brfcsmilie:

:rover: with bumley joining the ranks of the premier,i wonder if they could stick with the same squad off players and survive a season in the premier.

I didn't see any Premier league quality, from any player, in any team in the play offs. The standard was in my opinion, appauling.

Archived