BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

I didn't see any Premier league quality, from any player, in any team in the play offs. The standard was in my opinion, appauling.

:rover: i agree den,but maybe the dingles could use this season as a money making exercise,spend little of the 60 million will keep them going for years :angry::brfcsmilie:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but for the most part no-one has really been interested in your team for about 9 years.

Aye, we're in talks with Man Utd right now over installing them as our main rivals. You know, now we're all 'Premier League'.

Our season's target is a top half finish knocking on the door for Europe. Your target is 6 points. That's the difference between us.

Target what you want. We both start on 0 points. As of now, there's no difference. It could take all summer for you to get your heads round that.

Whose Nob End? Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but it annoys me when people call teams by ridiculous names. Le Arse, Liverpoo, Man Ure, Notlob, Chelski etc, it just sounds pathetic!

Why its all part and parcel of the banter - same as we get deadwood , woollybacks, inbreds etc

Burnley deserved it i am affraid to say. They have played some very good football over the season. I think it's better for us anyway to have our local rivals in the same league as us. It gives us 2 more games to look forward to and hopefully another 6 points to us!!!!!

What's good about next season is that the easy, comfortable, smug superiority you've enjoyed so much has evaporated.

Bring. It. On.

Much like Rovers supporters put up with in the late 60's & 70's.

Whats good about next season is that the easy, comfortable, smug superiority we've enjoyed so much can be affirmed by beating you for fun, watching your club crash and burn in the heat of the Prem and seeing our gates trump yours.

Must say I'm looking forward to it :)

I, for one am glad to see Burnley in the premier league so that we can have a "proper" derby again.

A couple of points if I may...

1. WE (Blackburn Rovers FC) have been a premier league club since 2001 (not 2009).

2. Burnley do start on zero points but then again so do Manchester United, difference being that I can Burnley on Zero points in September.

3. I watched the Play off final and was aghast at the lack of quality from both sides, question: how many Burnley players would get into the Blackburn SQUAD?

4. Finally if any dingle is in any doubt what will happen now that Burnley are in the same division as Blackburn, please refer to the last time we were in the same division as each other, you never know with Coyle in charge in may only be 3-0 this time round. :rover:

Thanks IMY or the thread would have had to be closed....since most of us are now fed up with trying to have a sensible discussion about our Dingle 'friends'. I suppose 6 hours in 30 years is quite a high percentage!

So Dave, have you checked flight prices yet, or are you waiting until the fixture list is published?

After all Rovers v. Burnley in the top flight mght be a once in a life time opportunity for most of us.

I think traditionally the rovers V burnley was often played on boxing day and it would not surprise me if that happened again this time. Many supporters not from the local blackburn area would want to come to that game. Yet Blackburn has nowhere for people to stay around the christmas period - especially for reasonable prices. But either way the fixture will be a sell out home and away.

I think traditionally the rovers V burnley was often played on boxing day and it would not surprise me if that happened again this time. Many supporters not from the local blackburn area would want to come to that game. Yet Blackburn has nowhere for people to stay around the christmas period - especially for reasonable prices. But either way the fixture will be a sell out home and away.

There is a massive region to chose from within a one hour drive of Blackburn PAFELL.

Choice and costs of accomodation i'd have thought were unlimited (Flyde coast, Manchester, Merseyside, Ribble Valley, Lancashire)to anyone, you dont need to be stuck in Blackburn do you.

Put yourself in their shoes. Small crowds, pretty high wages, annual losses that you have to pay for.

That is being a football benefactor in anyone's language.

Fortunately they had the balls to bring in a young unknown manager who could do it on a shoestring. It needed Cup runs to pay the bills and avoid a sale this season. The tightrope is that tight. Tighter than I can even go into.

If you take a gamble like that you deserve to win.

Flood and Kirby have lost money on the club in the past on a regular basis...and I know that the Premier League cash will be spent wisely and tossed away on silly wages for journeymen.

Quite impressed with these people during the time I have dealt with them.

Personally I am happy for Burnley to be in the prem - the whole area in football terms will benefit. I think that some think the rivalry will be for two games only, when in fact it is the whole season. Neither team or supporters will want to finish below the other. That in itself should generate an increase in the atmosphere and support at both grounds.

Do you have any interesting Rovers news?

Much like Rovers supporters put up with in the late 60's & 70's.

Whats good about next season is that the easy, comfortable, smug superiority we've enjoyed so much can be affirmed by beating you for fun, watching your club crash and burn in the heat of the Prem and seeing our gates trump yours.

Must say I'm looking forward to it :)

Do you actually think we are much better then them at this moment in time ?

I dont, if we get 6 points i will be over the moon but i doubt we will.

Do you actually think we are much better then them at this moment in time ?

I dont, if we get 6 points i will be over the moon but i doubt we will.

I suppose you mean with Rovers missing RSC, Reid, Emerton, Roberts, Dunn, etc, etc Will. With those fit again and with quality replacements for Tugay, Ooijer etc, we should be better than a lot of clubs. Burnley would still be a long way behind assuming player recovery and decent replacements for the departed.

Aren't the fixture dates done completely randomly?

Yes but only after a whole set of rules are fed in so:

Man U and City never at home the same round, ditto Liverpool/Everton, Arsenal/Spurs, Chelsea/Fulham, Brum/Villa, Rovers/Burnley. Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Day, Mancs on Munich Day (I think), Hull not at home during the Hull Fair and a few others like that.

I think the broadcasters ask for the Big 4 to be playing each other at least once in the same round during the first half of the season so they can hype "judgement day" or whatever they are calling it.

The clubs can request certain fixtures at certain times but the PL has discretion as to whether it agrees to them.

I suppose you mean with Rovers missing RSC, Reid, Emerton, Roberts, Dunn, etc, etc Will. With those fit again and with quality replacements for Tugay, Ooijer etc, we should be better than a lot of clubs. Burnley would still be a long way behind assuming player recovery and decent replacements for the departed.

Looking at the players missing, RSC, wont be with us, Reid, isnt the same player after his last injury, Dunn, he'll be upfor it but still to injury prone to even come close to playing much of next season, Roberts, probably wouldnt get in the Burnley team. Emerton i agree has been sadly missed.

We will never come close to replacing Tugay.

Looking at the players missing, RSC, wont be with us, Reid, isnt the same player after his last injury, Dunn, he'll be upfor it but still to injury prone to even come close to playing much of next season, Roberts, probably wouldnt get in the Burnley team. Emerton i agree has been sadly missed.

We will never come close to replacing Tugay.

I'm trying to say that you are comparing the full strength current Burnley team, with an injury ravaged Rovers outfit. We would beat them now with the same squads. I didn't see anything that Burnley, or any of the play off sides, could bring to the Prem. They have a long, long way to go to put together a squad capable of surviving next season. We haven't.

I'm trying to say that you are comparing the full strength current Burnley team, with an injury ravaged Rovers outfit. We would beat them now with the same squads. I didn't see anything that Burnley, or any of the play off sides, could bring to the Prem. They have a long, long way to go to put together a squad capable of surviving next season. We haven't.

You think ? I dont. We have to many players who are either just not good enough or under performing. Were as Burnley are a solid, decent team and have shown that all season long beating a number of decent Premiership teams.

Next season, yes, it will be a different matter, i hope.

Were as Burnley are a solid, decent team and have shown that all season long beating a number of decent Premiership teams.

Next season, yes, it will be a different matter, i hope.

Full strength Premiership teams Will?

From what I've seen of Burnley Will, they looked good at the back, but against a Sheff Utd and Reading that had stopped scoring league goals weeks before - and it showed. They both [sheff and reading] looked woeful up front.

Burnley were well organised and that was enough to see them through, but they never dictated or dominated games. They managed to score three great goals, - three great strikes, but not well created goals, but IMO didn't show much class anywhere else apart from the back. They deserved to go through though.

As things stand, I'd say Burnley are at the same level as Hull. They may stay up, but then it would be terribly close. Burnley have to keep hold of Owen Coyle, especially now the Celtic job is on offer. Their promotion is down to him, and not down to having a wonderfully talented squad.

I congratulate Burnley on reaching the top table, but please be aware that we use cutlery and don't slurp our drinks rounds these parts. And don't blow your nose on your napkins.

Archived