BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] South Africa Vs England

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enland have skittled a poor SA Batting effort for a paltry 119. Now the two openers, Trott and Strauss are set fair, England look set to take a 2-1 lead in the series with 1 game to go.

Big confidence booster knowing they cannot lose this one day series.

Credit to a 5 wicket effort from the resident dingle Jimmy Anderson.

England take the series 2-1 becoming the second side to win a one day series on S African soil. All courtesy of the weather which resulted in the abandonment of the final one dayer.

England with the tails up going into the test series although some injury issues may limit the bowling attack.

Got our match tickets today. 24 quid for the Durban test, and about 50 for Capetown. Obviously the official "Barmy Army" ticket packages are put together by Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves, as they wanted 50 for Durban and 180 for Capetown.

Hi

I know you coming for test match at Newlands. Im still looking for the black Rovers padded jacket. I managed to find some on Ebay. Any chance you could buy it, and il give you the money when you get here. Size Large or XL. I think its about 300 odd rand. Its again 12 pounds postage, so not happy with that.

Isgak

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha. The 12 pound postage will put a stop to that. Lol. Cook out for 15, but Strauss and Trott steadying things

Two days in and already it's looking like a draw. It is hard to see how any of the tests will produce a result due to SA's pedantic batting. Unless we get a really spiteful wicket somewhere.

Guest Kamy100

England in allsorts of trouble, 124-3. Ball is keeping low and the Harris the spinner who doesn't spin the ball is causing problems, England need to be more positive.

Strangely enough, I have found watching todays play very thereputic. England get out of jail after a serious last session collapse and you have to give credit to Collingwood, who I have previously slated as a test player.

I wonder if England can carry the momentum forward into Boxing Day.

Bell appears to have lost the bottle for a fight at the crease and must surely be dropped.

Archived