BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] South Africa Vs England

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so finely poised at the moment, South Africa remembered how to bowl on a pitch which is near perfect for a test match, pace, bounce and allows a bit of seam, brilliant. Batsmen can get runs, but as the scores show, they have to stay on their toes at all times.

The referrals are working quite well as well

Guest Kamy100

Hope that the weather is ok tomorrow.

Great spells by Broad and Swann this afternoon, bowling of the highest quality and the South Africans again show that once they are put under pressure they crumble. Well done to Cook, Collingwood and Bell for setting up the big total.

Hope that this squad stays injury free and together for the next 12 months because they have the ability to give the Aussies a real battle during the Ashes next year.

Is anyone at the ground? RAFRovers saw someone in a rovers shirt.

What a fantastic leave by Kallis, I hope the chef's puree all the south african team's food so they dont choke.

[sniggers]

for those who missed it

112051.2.jpg

Ste is at the ground and,im not sure who else

I am on nights al week so I sky +'d this mornings play. Just got up and have watched the England team notch a win, taking a 1-0 lead with 2 Test Matches to go.

Have to say what a fantastic effort across the whole team. I am not a Collingwod fan but he played very well. Bell got a big innings which for me cemented England as clear favourites. Glad to see the dingle lad chip in with a final wicket and the bowling of Swan puts England in a very strong position of NOT LOSING the series.

I am on nights al week so I sky +'d this mornings play. Just got up and have watched the England team notch a win, taking a 1-0 lead with 2 Test Matches to go.

Have to say what a fantastic effort across the whole team. I am not a Collingwod fan but he played very well. Bell got a big innings which for me cemented England as clear favourites. Glad to see the dingle lad chip in with a final wicket and the bowling of Swan puts England in a very strong position of NOT LOSING the series.

England could still, throw it all away with 2 to play.

I agree Iceman but after todays efforts by a resurgent England team, they can out themselves in a position where they cannot lose this test match, especially if they can take SA out early tomorrow.

If England can at least take a half decent lead in the first innings, then, on a breaking pitch, England are the favourites with Swanny's spin.

Whatever happens, it is a very much improved England team than we have seen in recent overseas series.

The Proteas are in a healthy position and are doing to England what we did in the last game.

Over 200 in the lead with 9 wickets left. Smith has notched his ton and Amla will surely follow suit.

With 2 days to go I wonder what score SA will be wanting to ensure a draw at least or to allow them enough time to bowl England out.

Archived