BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal V Blackburn Rovers

Eddie

I would be surprised if we get anything from this, but I don't think it's impossible. Hopefully Sam just tries to go for it and see what we can do.

I imagine he'll switch to a 4-4-2 and give McCarthy a chance

Robinson

Jacobsen-Samba-Givet-Chimbonda

Hoilett-Reid-Dunn-Diouf

McCarthy-Di Santo

Subs: Brown, Nelsen, Pedersen, Andrews, Emerton, Roberts, Kalinic

I could possibly see Andrews coming on for Hoilett instead and being moved to centre, with Diouf on the right and Dunn on the left, or Pedersen keeping his place.

I would like to see the above line up though.

My prediction is 3-1 Arsenal, but I would like to see a draw occur.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming over from Ireland for this one, we are prob getting them at a bad time as they're coming back to full strength but still think we can cause them problems as long as we don't concede early like last year.

Can't see Sam going for anything other than a 4-5-1 with andrews coming in for grella altho I'd like to see emerton or reidy get in there if they're up to it physically

Id rest dunn for this one - so that he is fit against the Dingles. I also think its a shame we are missing Grella for this one.

Id revert to 4-4-2 and try something abit different...

-------------Robbo----------------

Jacobsen--Givet--Samba--Chimbonda

-------------NZonzi---------------

Diouf-------Emerton--------Hoilett

-------McCarthy---Di Santo--------

What worries me for this one alongside Arsenal's pace and passing is our inability to be able to keep the opposition out for the opening period of the game. If we concede early as we did against Villa then I think it could turn into a rout. It's easier said then done, but keep it tight, get in their faces, take our chance when it comes and you never know.

I'd go:

--------Robbinson---------

Jacobsen--Samba--Givet--Chimbonda

-----N'Zonzi--Emerton------

Diouf-----Dunn------Hoilett

--------Di Santo-------

Hughesy I know how crucial it is that Dunn is fit for the Dingles but I've got a feeling that Sam will keep him in to keep momentum going. Also I've read that Capello will be at the game and bet that Dunn will be well up for this one.

Interesting game, obviously Arsenal are nailed on favourites but that doesnt mean to say we have no chance like last season. Its another game were Sam needs everyone has to be fast, only the fastest players should play with the exception of Dunny.

Counter attack, Sam needs to set his team up for defending for long periods but to have that threat of countering Arsenal.

Put Dunny on Fabregas he did it under Hughes in the 0-0 cup draw many moons ago with great success.

Di Santo fills one space and i'm sure Chelsea will be watching this with interest, I wonder if Kalinic is ready for this aswell.

Thankfully that slug Grella wont be playing, embarrassing us yet again in the blue and white shirt, so thats another big bonus.

Could be an interesting one for Hoilett does he really have pace or does he flatter to deceive if so throw him in.

Samba and Nzonzi have something about them to be able to cope with Arsenal aswell.

The worry for me is MGP and Andrews if these two could contribute abit more then we are in with more than half a chance.

Arte et labore what are the odds on an Arsenal goal inside five minutes.

:rover: plenty of posters on here tell me lardarse has a great record against the BIG 4,well i reckon we should win then,2-0 to the rovers.btw i would not play dunny save him for the big game :brfcsmilie:

I think he will rest Dunny and maybe sub a couple of others as the game goes on if the back end of last season was anything to go by. Concentrate on keeping the lads fit and up for it against the dingles.

Arte et labore what are the odds on an Arsenal goal inside five minutes.

Just had a look at our recent games against Arsenal. Since beating them 1-0 at Ewood in the cup with Benni’s late goal…

(A) 0-4 First Goal 2 Minutes

(H) 0-4 First Goal 8 Minutes

(A) 0-2 First Goal 4 Minutes

(H) 2-3 First Goal 6 Minutes

(H) 1-1 First Goal 18 Minutes

We really need to keep it tight for the first 20 minutes and try and frustrate them. If we let one in within the first 10 minutes we might as well go home.

:rover: plenty of posters on here tell me lardarse has a great record against the BIG 4,well i reckon we should win then,2-0 to the rovers.btw i would not play dunny save him for the big game :brfcsmilie:

It crossed my mind but then Dunny would play himself half fit against the Dingles, so pumped up he is for that game.

Anything less than 3-0 to Arse will be a victory. Not looking forward to this at all as Arse always manage to wind me up but I will be there in hope...

Don't know why this is on tv as it's likely to be one-way match. Please prove me wrong, Rovers.

If Dunn is feeling any slight injury from the weekend then he should be rested...didn't some people report that he limped off at the end? If he's fit, however, I'd play...

................... Robbo

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

............ Emerton N'Zonzi

...... Diouf .... Dunn ... Pedersen

.................. Di Santo

I don't think that's what Sam will play though, I've got a feeling he'll go with...

.................... Robbo

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

............. Andrews N'Zonzi

...... Emerton .. Dunn ..... Diouf

................... Di Santo

Either way, this match is really about which Arsenal side turn up. If they turn up anywhere near their best at home then no-one can live with them. I think we need to put in a few crunching tackles early on and try to make sure they can't get into any sort of rhythm. If we can keep it goalless until half-time the crowd will get restless and we might have a chance of nicking it.

Don't know why this is on tv as it's likely to be one-way match. Please prove me wrong, Rovers.

Think that's exactly why it is on the telly Mum, as an Horses Doofer for the SUPER SUNDAY game after it. Actually it may not be, it's on ESPN our game innit? Can you buy the game as a one off like Santana did last year?

Rest Dunn?

With a two week gap to the dingle extravaganza.

Good point - I for one didnt realise we had 2 weeks until the game after Sunday!! Doh!

Id play Dunn then, Id also stick NZonzi on Fabreglass - he can do the dirty work very well and he would really frustrate Fabreglass.

Hope Robbo is on form in this one!

I'll be satisfied if we avoid conceding in the first 5 minutes. I can't see us winning, but if Le Arse have their reserve keeper in we might be in with a chance of scoring.

I'll go for 4-1 (Van Persie x2, Arshavin, Rosicky)(Di Santo) but I hope not.

Good point - I for one didnt realise we had 2 weeks until the game after Sunday!! Doh!

Id play Dunn then, Id also stick NZonzi on Fabreglass - he can do the dirty work very well and he would really frustrate Fabreglass.

Hope Robbo is on form in this one!

Dunny is proven to the task, NZonzi is a bigger gamble.

Although I am ideologically opposed to it, maybe the best chance of getting a result would be to play Samba upfront.

Presuming Givet is fit, he and Nelsen could play at the back.

Samba and Di Santo playing up front would give us two big, big targets to aim at and Gallas and Vermaelen are only 6ft, possibly the smallest CD partnership in the league, and even though they are good in the air for their height they would probably struggle against 2 6ft 4in strikers.

We could play quick long balls out of the back and with 2 of them there we might be able to hold it up long enough to get support up there or they might be able to rough them up and do it on their own.

It might be controversial but Sam is known for thinking outside the box and making the odd surprise choice, and it would allow us to play quite defensively whilst still carrying a threat.

Personally I don't really want us to ever play Samba as a forward and playing all out long ball football, but in this case it might work.

If we're so optimistic about our chances, Why not this lineup? :)

------------------------Robinson---------------------

Jacobsen - Givet - Jones - Samba - Nelsen - Chimbonda

----- Emerton ----- NZozni ----- Dunn ----- MGP -----

*this post purely in jest*

If we're so optimistic about our chances, Why not this lineup? :)

------------------------Robinson---------------------

Jacobsen - Givet - Jones - Samba - Nelsen - Chimbonda

----- Emerton ----- NZozni ----- Dunn ----- MGP -----

*this post purely in jest*

I thought everyone was of the opinion that Dunn isn't as good in central midfield in a 4-4-2. This team is far too attacking as a result :lol:

Archived