BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal V Blackburn Rovers

Eddie

Cant see anything coming from this game.

1 point would be splendid but just avoiding a thrashing and competing, losing by a single goal will be welcome enough compared to the rubbish we have witnessed against the top 4 during last season.

I can see the same line up as last week, except Givet may replace Nelsen if he is fit.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but if Le Arse have their reserve keeper in we might be in with a chance of scoring.

By reserve keeper do you mean Mannone...? The saves I've seen him make over the last fortnight have been nothing short of sensational. Looks the goods...!!

Just had a look at our recent games against Arsenal. Since beating them 1-0 at Ewood in the cup with Benni’s late goal…

(A) 0-4 First Goal 2 Minutes

(H) 0-4 First Goal 8 Minutes

(A) 0-2 First Goal 4 Minutes

(H) 2-3 First Goal 6 Minutes

(H) 1-1 First Goal 18 Minutes

We really need to keep it tight for the first 20 minutes and try and frustrate them. If we let one in within the first 10 minutes we might as well go home.

Cheers leftwinger, good stats, we know what to expect. Key is can we suprise Arsenal and give them something they just wont be expecting, I really hope so.

as someone else has mentioned ill be more than happy if we dont concede in the first 5 mins, we seem to have a real problem with this since last season getting caught out really early, sure our opposition are well aware of this fact and try to take advantage also. As for the score I'd be delighted if we gain any points out of le arse away, i cant imagine sam has this down as a game he thinks we can get points from...

Anything less than 3-0 to Arse will be a victory. Not looking forward to this at all as Arse always manage to wind me up but I will be there in hope...

Don't know why this is on tv as it's likely to be one-way match. Please prove me wrong, Rovers.

Now now mum. Its on tv especially for me. ;) however, im off to watch Ajax Cape Town play, so will miss our 1-0 win.

3-0 to Rovers.

Peds from a corner.

Andrews with a 40 yard screamer.

Roberts to round the keeper with aplomb.

3-0? your mad... Peds from a corner? you never know. Andrews 40 yard screamer? stranger things have happened. Roberts rounding the keeper? You need your head looking at mate. Your clearly on serious hard drugs.

I'm going to go for a draw, my guess is that the Arse will field an understrength side and we may just capitalise on that. We know they don't like it up them (well some of them probably do but I'm not talking about that) and I reckon that we will give them a game for the first time since we beat them in the cup.

Is Givet back for this one?

How about playing 4-5-1 with Samba infront of Nelsen & Givet, providing the protection?

Madness. Samba has a lot of strengths but trying to play against Arsenal's midfield would expose every single one of his weaknesses. He'd be worse than Mokoena in that role.

How about playing 4-5-1 with Samba infront of Nelsen & Givet, providing the protection?

Every time Samba goes up front now he seems gets fouls given against him, Arsenal would make the most of this and the ref will almost certainly play into Arsenals hands.

I'd like to see Benni up front at some point. I'm sure he'll be hungry for it. I mean a game not a kebab.

A great preview. I loved the video clips. Benni's goal is truely fantastic and shows what a great ( potential ) talent he is. That game goes down as one of my all time rovers favourites, not just for the goal but for the way that we matched Arsenal. However, the goal was from even further out when I watched it.

Last years 4 nil drubbing was one of the worse Blackburn performances I have ever seen. Not just for the scoreline but for the ease with which Arsenal scored, They could not even be bothered to break into a sweat. Also it was part of Andrews initiatation to the premiership and he was clearly out of his depth. He should not have been playing in that game but should have been being nutured. I think that this experience and performance was a great contributor to him setting off on the wrong foot with some fans

Suitable pub for Rovers fans anyone, preferably with food available?

Cheers

:rolleyes: :

Back in the Highbury days we used to visit the Drayton Park (I think I've remembered the name right) which is right next to where the Emirates now is.

By reserve keeper do you mean Mannone...? The saves I've seen him make over the last fortnight have been nothing short of sensational. Looks the goods...!!

I see what you mean (against Fulham was it?) but if he was better than Aluminium he'd be first choice, and Alu is the worst 1st choice keeper of 'the big 4'.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Should that be nurtured? Neutered? Sutured?

I read it as neutered, too. :lol: In my equally warped mind, of course! But, yes, Andrews was embarrassingly out of his depth in that game and was hardly helped by a woeful team performance that was in complete contrast to the all-action display of the previous year at Ewood under Hughes. I took 19 of my Japanese students to that game and they were absolutely gobsmacked by the energy and commitment on display that day as we matched the Arsenal in a very deserved 1-1 draw. I saw the 4-0 non-event last year and thank goodness that I couldn't take any of my students with me. They would have left as Arsenal fans instead of converted Roverites.

That was at home, so the amount of energy and commitment, not to mention resolve and concentration, that will be required on Sunday at The Emirates will be that of that game in 2007 and some. The game's on live here, so we'd better put in a performance or I'll have a bad start to the week. I can do without drubbings, thrashings and tonkings, thank you.

Chances of winning are a million to one. Bumley is the big game not this so we want no sendings off, no injuries and the damage to goal difference as low as poss. I recommend the following formation, one keeper, nine across the back and Dunny in the hole :lol: We may get lucky and come home 0 - 0.

Archived