Rovers v Sheff Utd

Feb 28th 1970

Att. 15,795

Is this the fastest penalty ever?

I've timed it at 12 seconds!

Superb stuff, Whittle and Plastichead! :tu:

How good was Scott Sellars! Unplayable.

I remember wearing cycling shorts under my kit to copy him. :D

My favourite ever Rovers game is the '89 City game! Absolutely incredible atmosphere.

Infact, reminded me how raucous the Ewood atmospheres used to be.

When the 'Old Ewood' was rocking, there was NO place on earth like it! :wub:

Edited by A cup of beans

• 7 months later...

Swindon away in the FA Cup 1984. Taken from a South West regional TV recording, it has a rather long build up to the Rovers game, but at around 3 minutes the footage of our match starts. We took a lot of fans down that day, I went on one of the special coaches. You can see the away section along the side under the main stand where the camera is, looks like maybe 1500 from Rovers? When the second goal goes in there are a load of Rovers fans walking behind the goal who had been chuckled out of the stand opposite for celebrating rather too much when we equalised, and they end up on the pitch after the winner.

Brilliant day out, and at the end of the season we signed Jimmy Quinn from them.

• 1 month later...

Swindon away in the FA Cup 1984. Taken from a South West regional TV recording, it has a rather long build up to the Rovers game, but at around 3 minutes the footage of our match starts. We took a lot of fans down that day, I went on one of the special coaches. You can see the away section along the side under the main stand where the camera is, looks like maybe 1500 from Rovers? When the second goal goes in there are a load of Rovers fans walking behind the goal who had been chuckled out of the stand opposite for celebrating rather too much when we equalised, and they end up on the pitch after the winner.

Brilliant day out, and at the end of the season we signed Jimmy Quinn from them.

What a great find and what a strange bit of footage, those at the back of the goal couldn't have timed things any better!

Was at that Swindon cup game. After the match we started the long drive home and then got one of those 'fancy a beer?' moments. We headed for Cheltenham as, unknown to us, did another thousand Rovers fans! The place was rammed with northeners. They'd never seen owt like it. All these la de da types having to put up with us lot. At the time I worked in Accy and one of the lasses there was going out with a lad from Cheltenham. Apparently, on the Monday their local rag was full of the events of Saturday night. Great times following the lads.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.