BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Parkes Wife Loses Battle With Cancer

I couldnt see this anywhere so feel free to delete if it has been repeated, but it has been announced that Tony Parkes wife Eileen has lost her battle with bone cancer aged 61.

Thoughts are with Tony and his family at this time.

May Eileen R.I.P

Just a shame the Telegraph could not give them the privacy they requested at this sad time. angry.gif

The Telegraph merely reported the fact she had died. It's called a news story.

You'll get it when your acne has disappeared.

The Telegraph merely reported the fact she had died. It's called a news story.

You'll get it when your acne has disappeared.

Very good Jim :tu:

So calling round to the house asking for quotes a couple of days after this sad event and

causing extra stress and sadness on the family is OK as it's a news story.

and the purpose of your last sentence???? :blink:

So calling round to the house asking for quotes a couple of days after this sad event and

causing extra stress and sadness on the family is OK as it's a news story.

Tony was a public figure and his wife was well known and respected so of course it's a news story.

Some families choose not to say anything after the death of a loved one but I can assure you most welcome to talk about and pay tribute to the person who has died.

Tony was a public figure and his wife was well known and respected so of course it's a news story.

Some families choose not to say anything after the death of a loved one but I can assure you most welcome to talk about and pay tribute to the person who has died.

Well done Jim, you managed to reply without resorting to comments usually found on here during the school holidays.

I have no problem with what you say, just that it would be nice if they could wait until at least after the funeral and maybe the family would then be in a slightly better place and want to talk to 'strangers' about what has happened. I know when my best friend died, the telegraph went straight round to his parents house for information. It caused them so much upset but after a few weeks were happy to give a story. As I say, i've no problem with the aspect of a story, just the timing.

Anyway, enough about the media.

My thoughts go out to all the family. At least she is at peace now from this horrible disease.

. I know when my best friend died, the telegraph went straight round to his parents house for information. It caused them so much upset but after a few weeks were happy to give a story. .

In defence of the Telegraph and other newspapers if they had waited a few weeks the story would not have been news any more.

It's part of a reporter's job to speak to families of the bereaved and of course they have to do so sensitively.

Heartfelt condolences to Tony and all the family members. I am sure all Rovers supporters are genuinely saddened by this news. We are all thinking of you in your time of sorrow Tony, and though it seems at present that you will never be able to cope with the loss, please believe me when I say that in time you will get through it and be able to cope with life again. It takes a while and you never forget, but eventually you learn to live to with it.

May God give you and all your family the strength to cope until you meet again.

Archived