BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're an absolute star Will!

EDIT - You haven't got a bigger version have you? I want to set it as my computer background and its not very clear when its blown up (Sorry Will :wub: )

Look above and it is now there, a bit like the Dingles did on that sunny evening !

Couple of questions regarding the derby.....

Im aiming to get to Blackburn for about 10:30am...i usually park in the school near the motorway. I presume it's still the same this season?

The problem i have is that i need to drive to Burnley after the game and pick up the person whose car im using, then drive (quickly) to manchester airport to catch my flight home. My flight leaves at 7 so i should be at the airport at 5 but i'd say 6 latest. Match finishes around 3.....walk up to the school...10 mins....drive through dingleland with either a smile or a noose, drive to Manchester and fly home.

However, my question is....will the M65 be closed or will they keep the dingles in the ground for a bit...therefore giving us time to get away before the coaches? If it's not gonna be possible my planned way what way would be quickest to get to Burnley after the game?

Cheers

Couple of questions regarding the derby.....

Im aiming to get to Blackburn for about 10:30am...i usually park in the school near the motorway. I presume it's still the same this season?

The problem i have is that i need to drive to Burnley after the game and pick up the person whose car im using, then drive (quickly) to manchester airport to catch my flight home. My flight leaves at 7 so i should be at the airport at 5 but i'd say 6 latest. Match finishes around 3.....walk up to the school...10 mins....drive through dingleland with either a smile or a noose, drive to Manchester and fly home.

However, my question is....will the M65 be closed or will they keep the dingles in the ground for a bit...therefore giving us time to get away before the coaches? If it's not gonna be possible my planned way what way would be quickest to get to Burnley after the game?

Cheers

There is no way the M65 will be closed....have a safe journey.

Dunn playing in the space behind the forward is the most difficult one to mark or police.

My guess is that OC will go zonal drawing the two nearest players to him wherever he is but he might go man-to-man although I don't know who in the dingle outfit could completely neutralise him.

Either way, Dunn is the best outfield player in either side on current form and OC has the headache of stopping him to give the dingles a chance of keeping a clean sheet. Dunn even made the consideration list of Crook's BBC team of the week despite the 6-2 at Arsenal which gives you an idea how good he is at the moment.

I think we can expect Dunny to get some treatment which is going to leave space for other Rovers to operate in. This is why I really hope Hoilett starts as he offers the pace to exploit the holes the dingles are bound to leave when they go looking for Dunn.

I don't know who in the dingle outfit could completely neutralise him.

Andre Bikey, without breaking sweat. He's a monster whereas Dunn is playing on borrowed time, his legs have gone.

Dunn even made the consideration list of Crook's BBC team of the week despite the 6-2 at Arsenal which gives you an idea how good he is at the moment.

Garth Crooks?! You've used him to back up a flimsy argument? Oh my.

I think we can expect Dunny to get some treatment which is going to leave space for other Rovers to operate in. This is why I really hope Hoilett starts as he offers the pace to exploit the holes the dingles are bound to leave when they go looking for Dunn.

Trust me - I really hope that Hoilett starts. He looks the brightest prospect at Rovers by a country mile and I'm desperate to see him replace the likes of Gamst and Emerton on the right or left flank.

However, I do not see Sam starting him. I was right that he wouldn't play him against Arsenal, and I won't be at all suprised should I be right a week Sunday. If he is yet to start him in the league despite poor form from the majority of players who have started in his position then I don't see why he will suddenly start him in our biggest match of the season.

Here's hoping Sam suprises me and goes for a front four of Dunn, Hoilett, Diouf and Di Santo.

Remember the game in 82' as I was sat in the Nuttall Street stand towards the Darwen end. Had a cracking view of the antics going on - though as an 8 yr old didn't quite realise the intensity of it all. What I do clearly remember was the look on some neanderthal faces as the police released the dogs in the Darwen End. Suddenly all these cocky lads were hanging onto the railings behind the goal, as many teeth crunched around their knackers. Once the police had pulled the remaining fans away from their cousin's knackers :closedeyes: they were able to get the dogs back on the leashes. Everything settled down (a bit) after that. Good work Mr Garner.

The 2009 rematch is finishing 1-1 or 4-0 (rovers) depending on the personnel Sam picks (ie not Andrews.

Andre Bikey, without breaking sweat. He's a monster whereas Dunn is playing on borrowed time, his legs have gone.

Garth Crooks?! You've used him to back up a flimsy argument? Oh my.

Andre Bikey has been run rings around and got himself sent off against (a Dunn-less) Rovers before so that has to be the flimsiest of flimsy arguments.

I can see it now, you dingles are all going Bikey, Mears -wow they have Premier League experience and are doing brilliantly for us! We have seen them before in poor teams that got relegated and they were not very good to put it charitably.

I am no fan of Crooks but Dunn must have made an impression to be considered. And in truth for the 60 minutes he was on the field he carried a real threat at the Emirates even if he was guilty of some waywards passing at times.

Living on borrowed time or not, he'll still be the best player on the park a week on Sunday.

PS Living on borrowed time is not a phrase to use lightly when you have Graham Alexander playing for you; I'd just love to see Sam select Hoilett and Emerton in midfield and let them run at Alexander all afternoon- they'd destroy him.

You'd play him in defensive midfield - I've only seen him in the back four? Only way you could man mark Dunn because he has a free role behind the striker.

Dunn definately isn't the quickest but he is consistently beating players inside and outside despite that.

Andre Bikey has been run rings around and got himself sent off against (a Dunn-less) Rovers before so that has to be the flimsiest of flimsy arguments.

I can see it now, you dingles are all going Bikey, Mears -wow they have Premier League experience and are doing brilliantly for us! We have seen them before in poor teams that got relegated and they were not very good to put it charitably.

I am no fan of Crooks but Dunn must have made an impression to be considered. And in truth for the 60 minutes he was on the field he carried a real threat at the Emirates even if he was guilty of some waywards passing at times.

Living on borrowed time or not, he'll still be the best player on the park a week on Sunday.

I've seen one or two of yours before. Roberts plenty of times, plying his hapless, clumsy trade for WBA and Bristol Rovers.

Like Dunn, he's on the way out. Bikey and Mears are on the way up, with all that pace and power you Premier League aficionados like to obsess about.

Although to be fair, Bikey is no stranger to a red card.

You'd play him in defensive midfield - I've only seen him in the back four? Only way you could man mark Dunn because he has a free role behind the striker.

I may be mistaken – but I think he played in the holding midfield role against Birmingham. Some of their fans were comparing him to Essien. :D

I've seen one or two of yours before. Roberts plenty of times, plying his hapless, clumsy trade for WBA and Bristol Rovers.

Like Dunn, he's on the way out. Bikey and Mears are on the way up, with all that pace and power you Premier League aficionados like to obsess about.

Although to be fair, Bikey is no stranger to a red card.

Glad you grabbed the chance to see Roberts when you could as you won't see him a week on Sunday unless Di Santo has a training accident.

Fine Dunn is on his way out if you insist. Let's see how far out of reach he is against your lot...

Bikey and Mears are not that pacey and powerful by Prem standards. I doubt they will look that quick against us and we have a slow side by Prem standards.

Prem standards.. Prem class.. Premier League quality.. Premier League players..

You've really bought into the hype over the years haven't you. There are admittedly some players in a different league, almost all play for the top four or five clubs.

The rest is mediocre. Everton were just plain average at the Turf, Sunderland were dangerous but sloppy and Birmingham were woeful. We saw better sides visit in the Championship. Away from home we've come up against some of the real top class sides I'll agree are in a league of their own.

At the start of the season I recall predictions from yourself and plenty of others that we'd be turning up at Ewood on zero points or thereabouts. That we'd be found out, that we had no one of 'Premier League' class, that we'd be blown away by the overwhelming quality and power of the Premier League.

Well, it's a load of crap. The Premier League, from 7th place down is nothing special. Everything I've seen thus far confirms it. If Sky told you the Blue Square Premier was the best league in the world for 15 years, day in, day out, you'd probably believe it.

Don't believe the hype.

You've really bought into the hype over the years haven't you. There are admittedly some players in a different league, almost all play for the top four or five clubs.

The rest is mediocre. Everton were just plain average at the Turf, Sunderland were dangerous but sloppy and Birmingham were woeful. We saw better sides visit in the Championship. Away from home we've come up against some of the real top class sides I'll agree are in a league of their own.

At the start of the season I recall predictions from yourself and plenty of others that we'd be turning up at Ewood on zero points or thereabouts. That we'd be found out, that we had no one of 'Premier League' class, that we'd be blown away by the overwhelming quality and power of the Premier League.

Well, it's a load of crap. The Premier League, from 7th place down is nothing special. Everything I've seen thus far confirms it. If Sky told you the Blue Square Premier was the best league in the world for 15 years, day in, day out, you'd probably believe it.

Don't believe the hype.

Come back around Easter time, then we will see what your thoughts are on Premiership sides.

Many teams that get promoted all come unstuck thinking exactly the same thing.

The teams you play and beat will be a completely different proposition after Christmas, mark my words.

You have to be getting close to 25-30 points by then as you wont be getting many more.

Don't believe the hype.

On some of what you say, I don't disagree. The gap between the best (top 4-6) and the rest is growing. The gap between the championship and the bottom half of the Premier League is shrinking. That's imho of course. The snobbishness of the Premier League fans is sometimes breathtaking. The difference between the half decent Premier League sides and the decent promoted sides is literally one or two top class players and one or two more very good players. After that it's much of a muchness.

I think it will be a tight game as form often goes out of the window where derby matches are concerned. The only players we have in our side that has experience of the atmosphere is Dunny, Pedersen, Emerton and Nelsen so hopefully they get the lads fired up and stress the importance of this fixture. Perhaps it would be a good idea for Sam to get people like Clayton and Douglas to speak to the players and give their accounts of derby matches gone by?

Coyle will see Dunny as the main threat and will know that he will be really fired up for this so i am expecting some physical stuff on him. If Dunny shows the form he has done so far this season then i expect him to win this battle.

Think i'll pick my starting 11 closer to the time and after the internationals.

My initial prediction is a hard-fought 2-1 win.

:lol: Come back to us in a few seasons time when you reach the level of a 'mediocre' Premier League squad.

There is no logic in football by the way if you hadn't already noticed. A team that has an off-day at your place doesn't mean they're consistently bad and are no better than anything in the Championship.

Charlton spent quite a few season as an 'established' Premier League club, full of Premier League players in their lovely Premier League squad at a Premier League stadium.

Couple of years later they're in League One playing Exeter. The only season which matters is this season.

Archived