BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

I'm not sure if they have the better manager, I wouldn't go that far, but they have a manager better suited to his team. Coyle has built a side that can play decent football and they go about their business. They aren't a great squad, so sometimes they get played off of the park, but sometimes they'll win.

We have a manager who only knows one way as well and at Bolton he managed to make a success of that by crafting a side. It didn't work at Newcastle because he wasn't able to do that and it isn't really working here because our team isn't suited to it and I actually think we are winning in spite of him, not because of him. Now he may build a team more suited to the Bolton style over time, but by God I hope he doesn't.

I'm a very strong believer in the fact that most managers have a team. That is why very few managers make a success of themselves at multiple clubs. Look at our last two managers, neither Souness or Hughes have thrived outside of Ewood Park.

Sorry Eddie, you're talkijng bullsh!t. Winning 'in spite' of Sam? Was that 3-0 last season against Stoke in spite of Sam turning up? Have those victories at home all been in spite of Sam? This 'Sam only knows how to play one way' crap is just that. He has said that this team plays football compared to the team he initially had at Bolton where they did lump it up because that was the only way they could survive. I think you and a few very vocal others are coming out with this hoofball argument constantly because that's pretty much all you have. There is very obviously a strong dislike of Sam Allardyce amongst some of us which is understandable seeing where he came from and his reputation. In my mind it's sometimes better to sit back and watch rather than constantly harping on about something especially as it doesn't appear to be true at all, if it proves to be the case then comment. As it isn't the case, I don't see the reason for constantly saying it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if they have the better manager, I wouldn't go that far, but they have a manager better suited to his team. Coyle has built a side that can play decent football and they go about their business. They aren't a great squad, so sometimes they get played off of the park, but sometimes they'll win.

We have a manager who only knows one way as well and at Bolton he managed to make a success of that by crafting a side. It didn't work at Newcastle because he wasn't able to do that and it isn't really working here because our team isn't suited to it and I actually think we are winning in spite of him, not because of him. Now he may build a team more suited to the Bolton style over time, but by God I hope he doesn't.

I'm a very strong believer in the fact that most managers have a team. That is why very few managers make a success of themselves at multiple clubs. Look at our last two managers, neither Souness or Hughes have thrived outside of Ewood Park.

So when we lose, it's Sam's fault but when we win it's not because of him. Right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rangers??

Sorry Eddie, you're talking @#/?.

I respect what Souness did at Rangers and understand that he broked down barriers and also brought success back to Rangers, but to be honest I don't see that as an amazing manegerial acheivement. Rangers were still Rangers. He spent quite a bit of money (outspending his rivals considerably I believe, although I could be wrong on that) and got them back to the top and he did well. I admit I probably should have phrased that better, but I don't see Rangers and Galatasaray as the big tests of his career.

So when we lose, it's Sam's fault but when we win it's not because of him. Right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, that isn't exactly what I meant. I mean that he isn't getting the best out of the squad with the direct football that we often try and play and I feel that some of the talented members of our squad drag us to victory even when these tactics are getting in our way.

I respect what Souness did at Rangers and understand that he broked down barriers and also brought success back to Rangers, but to be honest I don't see that as an amazing manegerial acheivement. Rangers were still Rangers. He spent quite a bit of money (outspending his rivals considerably I believe, although I could be wrong on that) and got them back to the top and he did well. I admit I probably should have phrased that better, but I don't see Rangers and Galatasaray as the big tests of his career.

Not could be wrong - you are wrong. Rangers were in the doldrums before Souness came along, they hadn't won the title in 10 years and were probably the 3rd best side in the country after Aberdeen and Celtic, and arguably even behind Dundee United. Souness won 4 titles in 5 years and laid the foundations for 9 in a row.

What he did at Rangers far far outshines what he did at Rovers. At the time Rangers were struggling and he changed everything. Yes they were still a huge club, but its akin to someone coming in at Liverpool right now and making them dominant again. It was a massive job and he nailed it.

Archived