BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

I actually look forward to these type of games as opposed to the chelsea/man u away games. The so called 'fringe' players actually have me on the edge of my seat far more than some of the first teamers, the likes of Hoilett, Phil Jones, and the returning Reidy are the players I will be turning up to support on Tuesday.

As has been said on various threads on this site too many of our players are on 'easy street' and the lack of competition contributes towards inept performance's to an extent. I could rant on and on but as I have started writing I am only repeating what others have said many times (the over inflated wages of VERY average players/performances on an almost weekly basis etc.etc.) this isn't just a problem at our club but it's only the Rovers I am bothered about but it does infuriate at times, not just today's game but others against so called lesser teams anyway thats that. So yes I will be there cheering on the boys to hopefully a win and a place in the next round but I can understand where people are coming from unfortunately when they are saying enough is enough

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Il be there - not an issue about it.

Its my team... I support them and today I didnt expect us to beat Chelsea so no sleep lost.

For tuesday id test out a new premier league starting XI

-----------Robbo

Jones--Samba--Givet--Chimbonda

Hoilett--Reid--NZonzi-Diouf

--------------Dunn-----------

---------Di Santo------------

4-5-1 - however with Hoilett on the right and Dunn behind the front man - more like 4-3-3 when on the attack, with Diouf also helping out!

• Backroom

I thought Di Santo couldn't play? Either way I'd start Kalinic and not risk Dunny for this one

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Jones Ollson

Hoillet NZonzi Reid Van Heerden

Benni Kalinic

I thought Di Santo couldn't play? Either way I'd start Kalinic and not risk Dunny for this one

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Jones Ollson

Hoillet NZonzi Reid Van Heerden

Benni Kalinic

I'd risk Dunny. This could be the closest shot we get at any silverware this season.

Robinson

Jacobsen Jones Givet Chimbonda

Hoilett Nzonzi Salgado Diouf

Dunn

Kalinic

Get yourselves down to Ewood on Tuesday, support YOUR team and believe!!!!!

you lot who say your not turning up, will be the ones who moan you cant get a ticket for the final, or worst still you get the tickets and us who turn out and support the ROVERS week in and week out wont get one!!!!!!

SEASON TICKET HOLDER SINCE 1970ISH AND YESTERDAY WAS A TOTAL EMBARASSEMENT AND MONEY IS TIGHT AT THE MOMENT I FEEL I NEED TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND WITH IT GET SOME PAINT IN ORDER TO WATCH IT DRY AS IT WILL PUT IN FOR BETTER ENTERTAINMENT...CAPS YES IM STILL FUMING

Get yourselves down to Ewood on Tuesday, support YOUR team and believe!!!!!

you lot who say your not turning up, will be the ones who moan you cant get a ticket for the final, or worst still you get the tickets and us who turn out and support the ROVERS week in and week out wont get one!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

How many people will actually turn up after today's 'performance'? :rolleyes:

I'd risk Dunny. This could be the closest shot we get at any silverware this season.

Have you seen the teams likely to be in last 8.

They are the ones who usually beat us 4-0, 5-0, 6-2.

Have you seen the teams likely to be in last 8.

They are the ones who usually beat us 4-0, 5-0, 6-2.

There's every possibility they'll rest players, which gives us - dare I say - a fighting chance. Also, our results against the top four won't decide our final position in the league. These cup games give us something to really aim for.

I hope McCarthy gets a chance to prove a point. I'd play the exact same team that beat Forest in the last round.

And what point is McCarthy going to prove other than he could be good if he could be arsed? He's already proved that it is all too much for him to care so long as he gets his wage packet at the end of the week.

And what point is McCarthy going to prove other than he could be good if he could be arsed? He's already proved that it is all too much for him to care so long as he gets his wage packet at the end of the week.

To prove that he's still the best goalscorer at the club. Last season he put in some good performances especially at Ewood which helped us stay up. Yes his workrate and interest is questionable at times but he's still a darn sight better than Roberts or Kalinic at present. Think he's suffeirng from the fact we are playing with a lone striker in most games, a role in which McCarthy can't feasible play. If we play two upfront at any point McCarthy has got to be one of them in my opinion.

I'll have a go (assuming injuries and viruses, plus I really don't think Allardyce will play 4-4-2):

------------Kalinic

-----------------Hoilett

Olsson---------Emerton-----------Diouf

-------------- Salgado

Givet-------Nelsen------Jones----Jakobsen

-------------------Brown

I think Robinson and N'Zonzi deserve the night off - although possibly a bench role for N'Zonzi.

I would not go, but I can't just not go... I wish I could say no..

I've bought a ticket. I want to go but now find I cannot. I'm gutted.

That's a bit ambiguous. I want to go but circumstances prevent me.

Archived