BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Peterbrough Preview

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and I SAW us play last week when Big Sam and Rovers was the best thing since sliced bread :rock:

I will also SEE them play this Tuesday as we put our name into the hat for the 5th round draw :rover:

A swine flu hit, depleted squad that hasn't won a game away from home in donkeys years coming up against a very in form Chelsea side who I might add, knocked 4 past Athletico mid week, a team who would most likely go for a walk in the park against us themselves.

Get over it and bring on Tuesday.

(we'll worry about United on Wednesday :P)

Yes, and I SAW us play last week when Big Sam and Rovers was the best thing since sliced bread :rock:

I will also SEE them play this Tuesday as we put our name into the hat for the 5th round draw :rover:

A swine flu hit, depleted squad that hasn't won a game away from home in donkeys years coming up against a very in form Chelsea side who I might add, knocked 4 past Athletico mid week, a team who would most likely go for a walk in the park against us themselves.

I was trying to be sarcastic, but am evidently rubbish at it. I'm actually in full agreement with you on this btw.

I vote we make you team psychologist. Very good advice.

well i never tok ticket back,im going with step grandson.Wonder what their atitude will be .....like ours against a top 4 team where we dont think or try to win or will they hink f it and have a go? i can guess.

2=0

Bit like Jonv said I struggled to understand your post :lol: , anyway I'm pretty sure we will have a go, young Fergie don't know how to shut up shop, it'll be all out attack, it could well be our downfall but its the way we play.

Well looks like I may be going by myself, my mates don't fancy it and my Dads away, can you pay on the night?

I hope so. Ive managed to cock up my online account and struggled to get 2 mins today to ring (0871 numbers and my mobile are not friends!)

To be honest, if we've sold that few tickets you can probably get a bogof or buy now pay over 4 years with interest free credit

I was told Rovers had sold most of the Blackburn End on Saturday when I tried to buy my seat and my mates seat which seems to be untrue. I got two tickets sat next to each other a couple of rows further back on Saturday but wonder when my seat got sold.

I know Sam will be tempted to stick with the 4-4-1-1 as it has worked at home, but with Di Santo unavailable I don't think we have a striker that can play in that formation decent enough. Dunny will be there but i can't see Roberts, Benni or Kalinic playing the lone striker role that well, especially Roberts.

I think we should switch to a 4-4-2 tonight, Kalinic alongside Benni or Hoilett.

BIG SAM has laid down the gauntlet - Play to keep the shirt tonight!

He said that last time though when Junior was quality yet again and Jones got MOTM. Neither has started a league game yet (Jones probably justifiably so). Andrews, MGP, Roberts and Nelsen still all breeze into the side.

Lets hope he means it tonight.

time to change things and give some players a chance to prove they are good enough to warrant a 1st team place, i think is the order for tonight.

team i would choose would be,

Brown

Salgado Jones Givet Olsson

Grella

Dunn Reid Emerton

Holliet Kalinc

Depends which of those is fit though doesn't it. Also didn't the peterborough fan say htey are quick? How is Salgado or Givet going to stick with a nippy forward?

I would start the following:

Brown

Salgado Jones Nelsen Olsson

Hoillet Reid Andrews Van Heerden

Benni Kalinic

Bench: Robinson, Givet, Jacobsen, Dunn, Pedersen, Roberts, Di Santo

However, I think that Roberts will start instead of Benni.

Andrews is useful in this game, it is closer to his level.

Brown is in goal according to the lancs telewag.

Therefore, Id go with.....if fit -

----------------Brown----------------

Salgado----Jones---Samba----Olsson---

Hoilett----Reid---NZonzi----Van Herden

---------McCarthy--Kalinic------------

Archived