BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How To Support The Site With Special Online Deals

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the first post on this thread has been updated with a list of links to all the sites that give a little back to BRFCS if you buy from them, you are obviously strongly encouraged to use them :)

Also, we have access to around 4000 more companies, so if you can't find the one you're looking for, just shout.

I suspect it's UK only, looking into it.

Yep. UK and Ireland stores only and I can't find a matching US deal.

That reminds me. Anyone tried just-eat.co.uk who seem to act as online resellers for your local independent fast food places (I know our local chippy, Chinese and pizza shop all have just-eat.co.uk stickers in their windows).

• 5 weeks later...

passion8 - With sex being a basic instinct Passion8 aim to take this instinct to the next level with their huge range of sex toys, adult DVDs, lingerie and bondage products

Best description ever, seriously.

Also, I'll be spending over a grand on Opodo in the next six months so I'll do it through this site.

Excellent. Thanks. I use Opodo quite a bit too.

Previously Figleaves lingerie did ok for us, but they don't do affiliate advertising any more, so I signed up with Passion8. What I didn't realise is all off their banners would break our own guidelines. This isn't Victorias Secrets or Argent Provocateur type stuff

Yep. UK and Ireland stores only and I can't find a matching US deal.

That reminds me. Anyone tried just-eat.co.uk who seem to act as online resellers for your local independent fast food places (I know our local chippy, Chinese and pizza shop all have just-eat.co.uk stickers in their windows).

Used just-eat at the girlfriends a few weeks ago in Bolton, Pizza et al arrived in about half an hour so was quite pleased with it. One thing to watch out for was that, (in our case anyway), you don't get the same offers online as you would in the shop or over the phone, i.e. order one 12" get another free. <_<

Iwantoneofthose.com would like to provide all affiliates 15% off discount code.

I have provided all the details below:

Discount link: Click here

Offer ends 30th September 2010 12pm

T’s and C’s

Offer valid on product costs alone.

Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount.

Photo Gift, Experience & some products excluded.

IWOOT reserves the right to refuse orders placed with this promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Iwantoneofthose.com has another fantastic discount offer for all affiliates to promote.

Please note the discount offer is integrated within the link, Iwantoneofthose.com does not have a promotional code box live on site. Customer will need to click on link for the offer to be activated.

We have placed the details of the offer below:

Offer: £10 off £40 spend

http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid=1202&awinaffid=97719&clickref=&p=http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/?offerCode=AFFOCTM40

The expiry date: 15th October 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Not an offer exactly, but I just got an update from seatwave about tickets selling UNDER face value

Some intresting bands in here

Tickets currently selling below face

Amy Macdonald from £18.40

Arcade Fire from £33.97

Avenged Sevenfold from £23.99

Barry Manilow from £51.97

Belle And Sebastian from £24.99

Brandon Flowers from £18

Gorillaz from £40

Guns N Roses from £9.90

Jeff Beck from £29.98

LCD Soundsystem from £17.50

Level 42 from £20

Matt Goss from £10.45

Motorhead from £19.99

Nouvelle Vague from £20

Peter Andre from £52.97

Shakira from £47

Sheryl Crow from £35

The Charlatans from £20

The Coral from £20

The Drums from £10

The Farm from £14.99

Peter Kay from £25

Ross Noble from £18.99

... a tenner for GnR, twenty for Motorhead ,,, have to say I've very tempted (less so my Matt Goss and Level 42)

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn,

I was just browsing the sky website as I'm thinking of getting it installed in our new house. We're moving in a couple of weeks. I see it's listed in your first post as a link to help support the site. Just wondering what's the course of action to help the site. I presume instead of visiting the sky site myself, I just access it from the link you have provided and you guys receive the renumeration accordingly. It's not cheap, but our new house will be cheaper and what better way to waste the saved money than on the sports package. I take it the price will remain the same.

Cheers

Glenn,

I was just browsing the sky website as I'm thinking of getting it installed in our new house. We're moving in a couple of weeks. I see it's listed in your first post as a link to help support the site. Just wondering what's the course of action to help the site. I presume instead of visiting the sky site myself, I just access it from the link you have provided and you guys receive the renumeration accordingly. It's not cheap, but our new house will be cheaper and what better way to waste the saved money than on the sports package. I take it the price will remain the same.

Cheers

Exactly this. Follow the link (or one of the banners at the top, sky pop up there a lot) order as normally and we get a small but very welcome commission. Once you've clicked the link, you don't need to buy straight away (I think it's within 30 days), but following any other like to the site it invalidates it.

.... and thanks, every Sky commission we get pays to run the site for just over a week.

Good stuff. A week's income is better than I had expected, particularly when I'm probably going to get it anyway.

I'll make sure to check out the rest of the links this evening. See if there's anything else of interest. Now, off to Passion8 I go.....

. Now, off to Passion8 I go.....

Passion8 is not safe for work. We used to make some decent money from Figleaves (underwear), but they stopped using the same affiliate company as us, so i tried passion8 as an alternative, but I soon found the NONE of their banner adverts were suitable for a family site like this. Proceed with care ;)

Just a reminder, people are starting to do their Christmas shopping and those big Amazon & Play orders we see at Christmas make a REAL difference to the money we get to run the site. Links to both on the first post.

.... and thanks. I think encouraging you to shop this way is far better than bombarding you with adverts, or going around with the begging bowl tooo often.

• 4 weeks later...

I used the link to sky today having moved house.

I got a fantastic deal for the whole package including bband and telephone deals. Didnt charge me for any of the activation/fitting, free hd box, connection,line rental and line activation, new number and the full hit. Saved £70 actvation and new line deal whilst I also got £20 for the first 3 months as well as £50 in M and S vouchers for me as well as the same for my dear old mother who I aaid recommended us.

To top it off sky being fitted Tuesday whilt I will be woithout bband for 2 weeks but they still brought it forward 3 weeks as a bonus.

I used the link to sky today having moved house.

I got a fantastic deal for the whole package including bband and telephone deals. Didnt charge me for any of the activation/fitting, free hd box, connection,line rental and line activation, new number and the full hit. Saved £70 actvation and new line deal whilst I also got £20 for the first 3 months as well as £50 in M and S vouchers for me as well as the same for my dear old mother who I aaid recommended us.

To top it off sky being fitted Tuesday whilt I will be woithout bband for 2 weeks but they still brought it forward 3 weeks as a bonus.

Glad you're happy with the deal, especially as I think a new sky customer is £60 to the site coffers (sky is one of the best paying links we have).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You may notice official Rovers adverts popping up a lot. Whilst these aren't a direct deal with us (the club is advertising via Google Adsense, who serve us adverts and obviously we are a good match for them) I STRONGLY encourage you to click on them (and buy from them). It does't make a lot of difference to us immediately, but I want the club to realise this kind of marketing works and that there is value is advertising with us directly.

GO CLICK THOSE ROVERSTORE BANNERS AND BUY STUFF !

You may notice official Rovers adverts popping up a lot. Whilst these aren't a direct deal with us (the club is advertising via Google Adsense, who serve us adverts and obviously we are a good match for them) I STRONGLY encourage you to click on them (and buy from them). It does't make a lot of difference to us immediately, but I want the club to realise this kind of marketing works and that there is value is advertising with us directly.

GO CLICK THOSE ROVERSTORE BANNERS AND BUY STUFF !

Glenn going for the hard sell. :lol:

On a serious note though, I did just use the link at the top for Schuh, bought a pair of trainers. Just goes to show it does work. :tu:

Nice work. We might only get a quid or two from a sale, but it's a quid or two we don't have to find other ways.

On the rovers adverts, they vanished soon after I posted so either.

Having clicked through (but not purchased), they no longer target me (bad practice)

The bought a low number of impressions (times they are shown) and we gobbled them all up in 30 mins (possible, but unlikely)

They saw where the traffic was coming from and decided to exclude our site from the places they were shown (probably good practice, it's an expensive way to sell to easy targets ..... but no fun :) ).

Still, I applaud Rovers for trying online marketing in this way. I'd imagine the conversion rate is far better than a talking bus stop :)

Archived