BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bbe Lower Top Corner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say I've never been a fan. They should get an ex-player in like Garner to gee up the crowd at half time.

Think your spot on, loads of players on the after diner circuit, diff one every home match or rotate 3 or 4 of them, even Beamo started a chant when he used to do the half time draws. Think it would really help lift things pre match.

No idea, but she has to be, i know 4 year olds with more talent for public speaking than her, dont think there was any vocal audition took place :P:P

Except she did a dance and drama degree at Salford or somewhere like that. She knew nowt about football when she was in her teens and thought it was boring - one of those "oh, you're not talking about football are you?" girls. Don't think she's actually anyone's girlfriend at least not anyone associated with the club.

Think you will find, and i may start a riot here, but the Darwen end of the riverside now makes more noise and starts more songs than any other part of the ground.

Debate?

Debate what? There isnt a chance they are louder....they very rarely start a chant.

I agree that the music needs turning down at some games - no need for some chessy song pumping out when the teams are walking out!

I also think we need to re-introduce certain chants - like "come on you blues" at every corner!

Think you will find, and i may start a riot here, but the Darwen end of the riverside now makes more noise and starts more songs than any other part of the ground.

We sat there for years, in fact ever since the seats were put in. The first half dozen seasons in the PL were fantastic, the atmosphere was excellent. Then folk started to migrate to the Blackburn End and gradually the singing etc became less and less, with pockets of empty seats appearing. It was then that we moved to the Blackburn End.

One game in particular stood out - the Arsenal 1-0 win in the first PL season. Absolutely electric. Happy days.

May i jump to Nick123`s defence here? :unsure:

We sit in the Darwen End & often here singing from the Darwen end err, end of the Riverside. It was indeed bouncing during the Bumley game.....as was most of the ground. The Blackburn End can often not be heard at our end of the ground, so we don`t follow the BBE chants, we tend to start our own.

Looking at the BBE from the opposite end of the ground, you see a few hundred standing & chanting in the top corner (JW side) the rest don`t visibly join in. Granted, many "say" they sing their heads off, but it honestly doesn`t look like it....nor sound like it at times.

My gf experienced her 1st east-lancs derby game the other week & loved it. She then asked "why isn`t the atmosphere like that every week?".....that is a very good question indeed.

Hate to pull you up but i said Riverside, not Darwen end.

3 chants from the Burnley match came from our block in the Riverside followed by the rest of the ground, happens evry home match now.

sorry but 3 chants at the dingle game.... out of how many that was sung in total?? didnt we count 30-40?

the reason people in the darwen end/riverside towards the darwen end dont hear the bbe so much is because of 2 reasons. the away fans and the fact 90% of the riverside dont bloody join in. i sit in bbe no2 and sing every song that gets going, problem is a few people will join in then stop, then a few more will join in and stop, then a few more people will join in then stop (you get where im going here)

sorry but 3 chants at the dingle game.... out of how many that was sung in total?? didnt we count 30-40?

the reason people in the darwen end/riverside towards the darwen end dont hear the bbe so much is because of 2 reasons. the away fans and the fact 90% of the riverside dont bloody join in. i sit in bbe no2 and sing every song that gets going, problem is a few people will join in then stop, then a few more will join in and stop, then a few more people will join in then stop (you get where im going here)

This bugs me immensely too and i sit in NO3. I think people are just too embarassed to start chants for fear of the ridicule of the 'on ur own' chant. Its the fear of joining in and then being red in the face when it dies down and ur still shouting it. Personally, I dont care. I start chants, I join in, I sing them long after they die down. We need the atmosphere to build up again. Burnley every week please.

This bugs me immensely too and i sit in NO3. I think people are just too embarassed to start chants for fear of the ridicule of the 'on ur own' chant. Its the fear of joining in and then being red in the face when it dies down and ur still shouting it. Personally, I dont care. I start chants, I join in, I sing them long after they die down. We need the atmosphere to build up again. Burnley every week please.

im not all that bothered either. not too long ago i was told to shut the (Please don't use that word again) up and watch the game, i replied with how about you ###### join in and get behind your team.

im not all that bothered either. not too long ago i was told to shut the (Please don't use that word again) up and watch the game, i replied with how about you ###### join in and get behind your team.

:D When I was sat in the NO2 area of the BBE some kid said to me "why don't you f**k off home" It was when we were playing United and singing the Rovers version of the knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone why don't you just f**k off home song. I was like :o

I reckon that our fanbase is getting back to being a 'proper' set of fans again after a strange decade or so.

I've noticed this over the past few months, so now's the time to act and get rid of the 'barmy army' type atmos and get back to being a proud northern football town, supporting our club.

Maybe it's not just BBE lower, but other pockets of the ground to help sort this.

Come on Rovers.

• Backroom

I don't know about being a 'proper' set of fans but we certainly have our fair share of Chavvy teens playing the hardman role, they are the kind that make me ashamed to be associated with at times.

In honesty I wish we had more songs going that are pro Rovers as opposed to anti Burnley, it seems though more people sing when it involves insulting our inbred neighbours, now we just need to carry that over to some more rovers based chants.

I don't know about being a 'proper' set of fans but we certainly have our fair share of Chavvy teens playing the hardman role, they are the kind that make me ashamed to be associated with at times.

In honesty I wish we had more songs going that are pro Rovers as opposed to anti Burnley, it seems though more people sing when it involves insulting our inbred neighbours, now we just need to carry that over to some more rovers based chants.

i agree re the obsession with burnley chants, which is fine when we're playing them, but when we're not we obviously need more rovers chants.

wasn;t referring to the chavvy teens as 'proper' but the rest of our support. we suffered a bit in the 90s from a section of fans coming along cos it was trendy to be a football fan, rather than coming with passion for the club.

• Backroom

Do you remember maybe 10 years ago the Blackburn end had a phase of singing a song (which was just a series of der der der der's followed by Rovers) whilst waving scarves arounds our heads, it started after playing Sheff Wednesday once I believe.

It's sometimes still sung but I always enjoyed that one, sorry I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Forever and ever is a decent one to get going as well, also 'Blackburn Aces'

Off topic but can we also bring 'Beamo' back when somebody skys one?

Archived