BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrenson,He Wishes.

However much I disagree with Lawro's prediction, I think we all have to remember that this is a game of football and anything can happen. I'm hoping we win and in some style too but at the same time thinking, anything is possible. Sky Sports have predicted a 1-1 draw but considering we have kept 7 clean sheets in 15 home games scoring 22 and conceding 12 and Burnley have failed to score away from home all season, the stats are on our side. COYB!

However much I disagree with Lawro's prediction, I think we all have to remember that this is a game of football and anything can happen. I'm hoping we win and in some style too but at the same time thinking, anything is possible. Sky Sports have predicted a 1-1 draw but considering we have kept 7 clean sheets in 15 home games scoring 22 and conceding 12 and Burnley have failed to score away from home all season, the stats are on our side. COYB!

I agree - but Rovers do have a habit of helping over teams break their away day hoodoo's. Burnley's away matches have all been tough so far - so you can't read too much into them. Just hope that the extra class of player we undoubtably have will shine through.

• Backroom

However much I disagree with Lawro's prediction, I think we all have to remember that this is a game of football and anything can happen.

Whilst that's true, surely when you're predicting a match you base it to an extent on form and logic. Whilst Bumley have done alright at home, they're awful away. Why does Lawro think they'll beat us 2-1 when they lost 2-0 to Stoke away and haven't scored against anyone else (though they've admittedly had a lot of tough away games)? Our home form in comparison is good... unlucky to lose to City, should've beaten West Ham, and deservedly beat Wolves and Aston Villa. Based on the information above, would you really predict Burnley to win 2-1? If he'd predicted draw then it'd be feasable, but I have no idea where he got 2-1 Burnley from.

Hopefully we can smash the dingles and prove Lawro to be the know-nothing bellend he is ;)

• Backroom

I find the whole thing about Lawro hating us a bit primary school to be honest, I honestly don't think even if he has a grudge he would predict us to lose just because he didn't like us.

End of the day ask most neutrals about Sunday and there wont be much in it either way, all things considered I think any prediction swinging from 2-0 to 0-2 is justifyable enough

• Backroom

I just think we take it a bit too personally really, I'm sure there is no grudge but people seem to get riled everytime he predicts us to lose.

Going back a while, there used to be tables compiled of the hairdresser's predictions. Two seasons running the biggest gap for any club was the Rovers' difference between the points gained and what he predicted.

Guess which was the higher number both times?

Going back a while, there used to be tables compiled of the hairdresser's predictions. Two seasons running the biggest gap for any club was the Rovers' difference between the points gained and what he predicted.

Guess which was the higher number both times?

Sad git that I am, I kept a spreadsheet of his predictions and have a few seasons' worth now. When I've a spare couple of hours I'll work out some tables. Last time I remember doing em - season before last I think - we didn't figure too badly in the hairdresser v reality stakes, nothing like as bad as some folk like to think.

One of the season's we came 7th, we would have been borderline relegation on Lawrenson's scores.

You are right, there was one season when he wasn't too bad but this one has been a shocker so far. Has he tipped us for a second win yet?- he certainly had the last three prediction as losses.

The preston hairdo is a penile wart at best.

His opinions are worth shyte at best. He is boring as a punter, rubbish as a commentator and as toight as a rats ar$e if the media is to be believed.

Mark Lawrenson is a moron.

Take it he's not on your christmas card list then :rolleyes:

Archived