BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Sports 1 10Pm Tonight

Tom

Why are they doing it with that muppet Sherwood, apart from him being the captain of the team, I would have had Shearer/Sutton instead

Muppet is a bit harsh pal!!

I thought sherwood came across as a quality geezer in this program, and it also came across how much he enjoyed it at rovers and how much he felt about rovers, stating as one poster has already said that rovers were the best club he played for.

I have never understood some rovers fans dislike for sherwood. Even when he was at the club he was never the most popular. Yet he captained our championship team, he was an undoubted quality player and was also a long serving player which is unusual in the modern era. He also stated on this program that he never wanted to leave rovers, and was effectively forced out by brian kidd, who in my opinion was a muppet!

Also like to reiterate how pleasing their comments were about super atko!

Muppet is a bit harsh pal!!

I thought sherwood came across as a quality geezer in this program, and it also came across how much he enjoyed it at rovers and how much he felt about rovers, stating as one poster has already said that rovers were the best club he played for.

I have never understood some rovers fans dislike for sherwood. Even when he was at the club he was never the most popular. Yet he captained our championship team, he was an undoubted quality player and was also a long serving player which is unusual in the modern era. He also stated on this program that he never wanted to leave rovers, and was effectively forced out by brian kidd, who in my opinion was a muppet!

Also like to reiterate how pleasing their comments were about super atko!

weren't there lots of rumours about him being an unsettling influence in the dressing room etc at the time he left? May be remembering wrongly because i wasn't really a fan at the time, being too occupied with hordes of kids - well, 4 but it often seemed like hordes - to follow things at Rovers closely.

Was an excellent watch. Although it took me about 2 hrs to watch as i kept having to pause it while she spouted her inane drivel in my ear!! And they say blokes can't take hints!!

Anyway, one point about who we signed in pre-season has been niggling me for days. I was sure it was only Matty Holmes we signed for a meager 1m. But they said it was Donis. Could anyone clear this up for me?

It was Matty Holmes, who's only contribution was a goal at Burnden Park.

Yes Donis came in the summer of 96. The other player we did sign after winning the league was Adam Reed from Darlington. I'm sure Hendry said Zidane and Duggary had actually been to the training ground. Imagine how different things could have been had Kenny stayed on, Zidane signed and we could have even had Roy Keane in midfield!

Yes Donis came in the summer of 96.

I remember Donis was on the front cover of the first Rovers glossy magazine, believe it or not we had our own Cosmo style A4 colour glossy magazine on sale in WHSmiths etc. Cannot recall there being too many more though, probably not cost effective!

Anyone else remember this?

I remember Donis was on the front cover of the first Rovers glossy magazine, believe it or not we had our own Cosmo style A4 colour glossy magazine on sale in WHSmiths etc. Cannot recall there being too many more though, probably not cost effective!

Yeah, I'm sure I have about six issues.

It was a very good magazine, later edited by local reporter Jim Wilkinson. It had a Rovers quiz competition in nearly every issue. I recall winning a football, a play station and a structure of Ewood Park, which sits very nicely on the sideboard. Only produced about 10 editions before it went under.

An excellent programme. it will remain in my V+ box as a reminder of those great days along with the video highlights

and books that have been written on our history.

Dalglish was the magnet that drew so many good players to Ewood; Keane was the only one to get away.Sherwood said he was signing for Derby under Arthur Cox but Kenny got in touch and persuaded him to go even on the advice of Cox also! Jack got it just right. Money, Kenny,good players, good coaches and great team spirit all played their part. Surprised that Big Al admitted to Tim Flowers he was not a firm favourite to begin with as he had deposed Speedie but his two goals at Palace got people on his side very quickly!

I've still got all mine. I don't think many people bought it as I seemed to win a competition at least once every 2 editions - I got Rovers subbuteo, a signed copy of the magazine, an England shirt and a lifesized cut out of Alan Shearer :D

Archived