BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea V Rovers Preview

colin

The sad thing is we are playing one of the top 10 teams in Europe and I have almost no interest in the game.

Anyone who thinks the Premier League is wonderful needs to think again.

Don't quite agree, we used to be quite competitive against the 'top four', it was just last year when we really struggled.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is we are playing one of the top 10 teams in Europe and I have almost no interest in the game.

Anyone who thinks the Premier League is wonderful needs to think again.

Strange.... A FAN who has no interest in his teams next game....Cant quite work that one out. As for top 10 in Europe. Id say top 4 in Europe - 5 Semi finals in 6 years in the champs league backs that up.

Are any Rovers fans actually going to the game?? doesn't sound like many

Are you suprised? Iv never ever been to Stamford Bridge - and that is for 1 reason only. The price! I simply refuse to pay thier top wack prices.

Are any Rovers fans actually going to the game?? doesn't sound like many

Yeah I'm making my first ever visit to Stamford Bridge - but only because I'm in the area this weekend otherwise the price would have put me off.

I'll optimistically go for a 3-2 defeat. However it's going to irritate the heck out of me seeing us punt balls up field to Jason Roberts on his own. I'd be happy for us to go 4-4-2 for his one, simply because it would mean somebody partnering Roberts, such as McCarthy.

Strange.... A FAN who has no interest in his teams next game....Cant quite work that one out. As for top 10 in Europe. Id say top 4 in Europe - 5 Semi finals in 6 years in the champs league backs that up.

Are you suprised? Iv never ever been to Stamford Bridge - and that is for 1 reason only. The price! I simply refuse to pay thier top wack prices.

Price of ticket plus travel will put most off. Plus the fact that it is unlikely we'll get any kind of result. Obviously if we do it will be great to have been there, but looking at what they did last night and what happenend to us against arsenal a draw would be an excellent result, a narrow defeat would be good and a tonking could well be on the cards again. Sorry to be even more pessimistic than usual but I can't see it any other way.

My best friend and room mate is a Chelsea supporter. We're going to be up watching this one, probably waking up the whole house screaming at the TV.

Isn't it 12:30 in your time zone? Out in California it is 9:30, which is so much better than the 7 on Saturday kickoffs.

What would the Daily Express say Mr C?

Although I guess the Butler's used to the Tradesmen's entrance.

Stop this right now Mr B. It's gone far enough............

Can't see us getting any points from this one, there's just no way Chelsea can afford to lose anymore points in the league, especially against lesser opponents. I'll be pleased with an entertaining game, something like Arsenal, but with less goals against!

I wouldn't mind seeing Sam play 4-4-2, although I've been a supporter of his current system, I think without Di Santo we're seriously lacking a real force up front and I'm not convinced by the central midfield players available to us, who have been fairly inconsistent. Is Reid back yet? Or is he still recovering from his injury...

Sit back and we will get humiliated. If we have at least a go, we could leave with a bit of respect. The problem i have, is that we have a very good squad, better than most teams around us. However, whenever i watch say, Bolton or Wigan giving the big 4 a good game, i start to wonder where the problem lies. One of the main reasons, and already mentioned is the weak midfield we have. Our midfield are so far away from our defenders, that its no wonder we concede sill goals. Team for me against Chelsea should be:

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Diouf Emerton Nzonzi Gamst

Dunn

Benni

I would really have a good go at this game. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Sit back and we will get humiliated. If we have at least a go, we could leave with a bit of respect. The problem i have, is that we have a very good squad, better than most teams around us. However, whenever i watch say, Bolton or Wigan giving the big 4 a good game, i start to wonder where the problem lies. One of the main reasons, and already mentioned is the weak midfield we have. Our midfield are so far away from our defenders, that its no wonder we concede sill goals. Team for me against Chelsea should be:

Robbo

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Diouf Emerton Nzonzi Gamst

Dunn

Benni

I would really have a good go at this game. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

That has got to be our best back line. Everybody in their own position and our best four defenders on the pitch. Nothing against Lars but this looks better balanced.

However I would have Junior in instead of Diouf and no way can Benni play up front on his own. In fact he is so slow (lazy?) now that I fear he is finished as a Premiership player and should be off the wages budget ASAP.

• Nicolas Anelka has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League starts against Rovers.

Oh dear!! Hope he gets injured in the warm up!!

Carlo is to miss the match, Wilkins to take charge as Ancelotis (sp) dad is seriously ill back home.

Wiley the ref for this one!

At least we have nothing to lose in this game. One would hope that would mean we won't start only Roberts in attack, but that seems to be BFS' go-to strategy.

Whilst I prefer 4-4-2, I dont think that Big Sam wants to change matters for Dunn who is not only our top scorer but our only consistent scorer. The way he is playing at the moment, I think we should ask him (Dunn)where he wants to play and tell him the rest will fit in around him. Becoming as important for Blackburn as Gerrard is to Liverpool?

Archived