BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea V Rovers Preview

colin

Oh deary me.

The four pack cooling in the fridge has just become an 8 pack. Going to be a nasty 90 minutes of punishment.

If Rovers can hold the shipping of goals to less than 4 its a miracle I tell you, a bloody miracle.

compo is the flying pig fooked up and dingles got lathered again !!!!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a miss by Joe Cole, even Roberts would have got that on target, actually, maybe not! Why didn't Pedersen just hit that? Not as much hoof ball so far, which is suprising, but then again Roberts isn't really any good as a target in the air and needs it to his feet...

It's like we are playing 6 at the back. If I had my way we'd play 2 strikers and give Hoilett a chance. We are going to lose these kind of games, but at least give it a go ala Bolton, Stoke etc. Chelsea are strolling. Their defenders must not have had an easier match, since the last last time we played them.

The 4-4-1-1 aint going to work without Dunny or Di Santo, Diouf is no Dunny and Roberts can't play the lone striker role.

I'd switch to a 4-4-2, shouldn't really make us more defensively weak and we are likely going to lose anyways. Bring on Benni, Kalinic or Hoilett.

Take off Andrews and play Emerton and N'Zonzi in the middle, bring on a striker.

I expect Chelsea to be good and to beat us, but I don't expect us to be so poor at some of the basics:

- Roberts does no defending from the front, whereas Di Santo chases everything down

- Every time Pedersen has received the ball on the ground, he has given it away, including for their breakaway goal

- Every Emerton free kick has been rubbish

- Despite having seemingly good individuals, defensively as a unit we are rubbish at marking

Robbo again keeping it from being an embarrasment

Very good that we're keeping it low so far, wasn't expecting such a performance.

Robinson has been MOTM, a couple of top-class saves, especially near the end.

Emerton, however, has been the poorest. Literally every single set piece has gone straight to Czech. He's setting some kind of record here. Give them back to MGP.

The 4-4-1-1 aint going to work without Dunny or Di Santo, Diouf is no Dunny and Roberts can't play the lone striker role.

I'd switch to a 4-4-2, shouldn't really make us more defensively weak and we are likely going to lose anyways. Bring on Benni, Kalinic or Hoilett.

Take off Andrews and play Emerton and N'Zonzi in the middle, bring on a striker.

I agree apart from Kalanic. He needs to come on in a game where we are already winning to boost his confidence and goal tally, however there is no expectation on Hoilett so he is a good shout. I'll be surprised if McCarthy plays much more for the mighty Rovers.

Anyway, it's only 1 - 0 at half time, and that was a bloody own gael (see what I did there?), so all is not lost yet.

Poor first half by Rovers.

Unlucky Givet on the own-goal. Drogba would most likely have scored anyway.

Emerton with three wasted set-pieces. Someone else should be given the chance in the second half.

Midfield players are not running. When Roberts manage to get hold off a ball, there is no support around him. Need to move midfield players higther up the field.

Two great saves by Robinson.

Archived