BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

SIGN HIM UP SAM!!!!

Following the impressive start to his ewood career and now the news that he would like to stay...... I think its important the club see how much we appreciate Di Santo and how his permanent signing would be welcomed.

The guy has already gained LEGEND status following a goal against the Dingles, followed by joining the fans in the crowd for his celebration.

Now he has said he hopes we beat Chelsea this weekend and would like to stay - Article Here - Mirror Article

Now we need the board to find the funds to make it happen, hes not on crazy money and he is a real talent for the future.

Following his heart felt gesture to the Blackburn End I really hope it happens:

25akww2.jpg

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I imagine even if Chelsea would let him go it would be for a fee that we simply couldn't pay.

Unless we can do the usual and take him for a good price with a large sell on percentage, unlikely though.

I predict he'll go back in January then not play much till the end of the season then rejoin us on loan at the start of next season

i think we all want him to sign for us.. but the huge problem is chelsea, they are going to want to keep hold of him for when drogs and co leave, and if we do have a chance of signing him i think it would be for a rather large fee (due to chelsea wanting to keep hold of him)

i really hope he stays, 21 and puts every one of our forwards to shame, loves it at the club and he doesnt deserve to be stuck at one of the big 4 sat on the bench preying he will get a chance

The player has a say - he's making the right noises - if we get our voices heard, maybe, just maybe Chelsea will consider selling and our Board will consider buying!

Dont forget Chelsea have Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge & Kalou all ahead of him....

Guest Kamy100

This lad seems to have all components to go on and become a world class striker, there isn't much chance that Chelsea will sell him and on the off chance that they do then unfortunately they will want a big fee which we can't afford and there will be other clubs who can so he will go there. The best that we can hope for is that he returns to Rovers at the end of January when Chelsea's African Nation players return.

In the meantime we have for the next two and half months so lets enjoy watching him play!

The player has a say - he's making the right noises - if we get our voices heard, maybe, just maybe Chelsea will consider selling and our Board will consider buying!

Dont forget Chelsea have Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge & Kalou all ahead of him....

Noble sentiments Hughesy, but no matter how much we make our voices heard, it is not going to sway Chelsea to sell him and Rovers board will not buy as there is no transfer budget left.

He has the makings of a top class player, but he is still very rough round the edges, his finishing needs to sharpen up, but at the end of the day at the same age as Nikola Kalinic, he is streets ahead, and maybe we should have offered a loan to buy situaton with him at the beginning of this season and put in the £6m we paid for Kalinic & not bothered in signing the Croatian.

I reckon if he talks to Ancelotti & the outcome isn't what he's looking for, a move maybe on the cards, even if we offer Chelsea a loan to buy next season.

I for one would love to see us sign him permenantly, 2 or 3 years playing in our first team & we may have a striker as good if not better than any of the recent 20 goal a season lads we've had, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, McCarthy, Cole etc... BIG SAM SIGN HIM UP, BIG SAM, BIG SAM SIGN HIM UP!!!

agreed hughsey - i saw him at the emirates and then against burnley and he was immense in both games. roves were far wosre off without him on sunday. it's great hear him talking like that about us and i firmly believe he's out best player (dunny included), and that over the next two months he could prove to be the best by some distance. for that reason it will be very difficult to buy him. let's hope the love affair continues and that we can get him back at the end of january as someone mentioned and then again next year.

is it actually possible for him to go back to chelsea and then back to us again in jan? nicko?

also, it seems nicko was spot on again when he was telling us about just how big a talent franco is.

agreed hughsey - i saw him at the emirates and then against burnley and he was immense in both games. roves were far wosre off without him on sunday. it's great hear him talking like that about us and i firmly believe he's out best player (dunny included), and that over the next two months he could prove to be the best by some distance. for that reason it will be very difficult to buy him. let's hope the love affair continues and that we can get him back at the end of january as someone mentioned and then again next year.

is it actually possible for him to go back to chelsea and then back to us again in jan? nicko?

also, it seems nicko was spot on again when he was telling us about just how big a talent franco is.

I'm not Nicko, but I'll try to answer your question... I think the rule is that you cant play for 3 clubs in a season, if he was to play for Chelsea then come back, that would only be 2 clubs, and as he's only played for us in the Prem, it would be similar to us loaning a player out after him playing some games for us at the start of the season, then bringing him back after a month or 2.

I dont think there would be a problem with that... I reckon the main thing is getting Chelsea to agree with it!!!

I know, thats the worry. Personally, I dont think he will do that well if he goes back, diffrent style of play completely. I suppose we will have to see what happens, I have my fingers crossed in the hope that he becomes a Rover if not permenantly, at least until the end of the season.

Fan pressure can always help - IF we want him, the fans want him and he wants to come......then we might be able to pursuade Chelsea into a deal. Big % sell-on maybe to keep the initial fee low....extras based on performances and goals etc?!

We can only ask.......If you dont ask you dont get!! Simples......

It is a fascinating question and as it has never been tried the answer is 'dunno.'

I can't see any reason why not, but I suspect a lot more will become clear before he goes back to Chelsea in January.

Interesting Hoilett developments.

See what the Mirror prints and fill you in on any details in the morning.

Fan pressure can always help - IF we want him, the fans want him and he wants to come......then we might be able to pursuade Chelsea into a deal.

So Chelsea are going to listen to Rovers fans?? :unsure:

Wouldn't it just be an extension of the original loan? Haven't we done that a few times with Gally/Judge to Plymouth etc?

Guest Kamy100

The Lancashire Telegraph running Heskey story, saying that Rovers are monitoring his situation at Villa. The story also says that the first peference is to keep Franco for the rest of the season and Rovers may use the game against Chelsea at the weekend to broach the subject!

The Lancashire Telegraph running Heskey story, saying that Rovers are monitoring his situation at Villa. The story also says that the first peference is to keep Franco for the rest of the season and Rovers may use the game against Chelsea at the weekend to broach the subject!

No suprises there then.

Heskey should be signed as a replacement for Roberts.

Di Santo as perm replacement for RSC

Kalinic for Benni

Hoilett instead of Derbyshire.

Just a quick thought and not to sure if this question has already been answered. Does chelseas transfer ban prevent them from extending loans or resending a player back on loan. Also wouldnt a transfer ban prevent them from selling aswell as buying players?

Just a quick thought and not to sure if this question has already been answered. Does chelseas transfer ban prevent them from extending loans or resending a player back on loan. Also wouldnt a transfer ban prevent them from selling aswell as buying players?

It's not really called a 'transfer ban', they're banned from registering players, so it wouldn't effect outgoing transfers or loans.

Like a few others, I would be interested to know if he was allowed to play for Chelsea through January then come back to us (ACN finishes 31/01/10).

I don't have any special knowlege on this subject but it seems to me that if he is a Chelsea player for the whole of January then he would be outside the transfer window to return to Rovers.

When do the African players return? If it's before the end of January maybe he could return just before the end of the month?

Can someone tell me if that is an option?

The rule explicitly says that a player cannot play for more than 3 clubs in a year. As someone pointed out earlier, DiSant would be returning to the same club, so it appears to be a VERY distinctive possiblity. Thinking about it, this may have been the thinking of the 2 clubs when the loan was initially decided.

The ideal world is to leave Di Santo at Rovers on loan for the season.

The player seems to fancy that idea, it saves the club money - and a fee - and Chelsea still get a better player next summer if they want him and he wants to go back.

It's got a chance, but it will take some work.

I don't have any special knowlege on this subject but it seems to me that if he is a Chelsea player for the whole of January then he would be outside the transfer window to return to Rovers.

When do the African players return? If it's before the end of January maybe he could return just before the end of the month?

But presumably he could come back up to midnight on the 31st so it would just be a case of having all the paperwork done and ready to go whenever he's no longer needed.

The final is on Sunday 31st January 2010, but Drogba and Kalou could be back before then if Ivory Coast don't make the final.

Even if they do...would it be possible for Di Santo play for Chelsea throughout January then register for us on January 31st? I'm sure something similar must have happened in the past.

Archived