BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

Did Sturridge not play against Athletico & Blackburn???? :rolleyes:

The same Kalou that played upfront against Athletico and scored 2?

Nicko has told you all the story - the boy wants to stay, whether you like it or not. Hopefully we can make it happen. The reason I started this thread was to try and get abit of fan pressure behind the situation...never mind! :wacko:

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course we want him to stay!

Story that Chelsea are willing to pay £42m for Sergio Aguero today. Perhaps I have watched a few wrong matches but what I have seen of Aguero has been nothing to write home about and definitely not in the Torres class.

Aguero on his day is awesome....however he isnt consistent enough just yet. Give him 12 months experience in the prem and he would probably be awesome.

So rumours now that Chelsea want Aguero & also some other African guy (last week) for about £5m.....I think Chelsea know they wont get out of the ban, however they will get it frozen - in which time they will go on a spending spree again.

Timing is everything though.

Chelsea need to get these striker signings done before 1 January or else Di Santo will be gone back to Stamford Bridge.

To be honest, I have very little hope he will stay and all the indications are that the club has tried everything and have concluded there is little chance.

Timing is everything though.

Chelsea need to get these striker signings done before 1 January or else Di Santo will be gone back to Stamford Bridge.

To be honest, I have very little hope he will stay and all the indications are that the club has tried everything and have concluded there is little chance.

Precisely. If he carries on playing as he has done so far, we'd all love him to stay, but he's not our player and there will probably be a queue of better off clubs wanting to take him if Chelsea do go on a spree and decide he is surplus to requirements. Yes, at the moment he's making all the right noises as far as we are concerned but the lad's not daft. Offer him a chance at villa or somewhere like that and he'd be off like a shot. Cynical but realistic

I think you've just taken the 'six months' bit too literally. I'm not sure when the ACN begins, but the final is January 31st so there is no way he'll be going back at the end of the month, he'll be back there in time for their first game of the new year.

Gordon Strachan posed for pics with the fans outside the Riverside and was caught clutching a list of potential loan targets 442

The list includes Jack Wilshere and Federico Macheda among others. Question is, should we begin enquiries for these types of up and coming players in anticipation of losing Di Santo?

Gordon Strachan posed for pics with the fans outside the Riverside and was caught clutching a list of potential loan targets 442

The list includes Jack Wilshere and Federico Macheda among others. Question is, should we begin enquiries for these types of up and coming players in anticipation of losing Di Santo?

That's something that Ince would do.

I am assuming Sam believes Kalinic will be ready by Jan, so if we do lose Di Santo then Kalinic can come in and do a job for us up front. Whether that means playing him as a lone target man or in a 4-4-2 I don't know. I'm not convinced that he will go and try and find a replacement for Di Santo. So looking at some midfield target is pretty fair.

I am assuming Sam believes Kalinic will be ready by Jan, so if we do lose Di Santo then Kalinic can come in and do a job for us up front. Whether that means playing him as a lone target man or in a 4-4-2 I don't know. I'm not convinced that he will go and try and find a replacement for Di Santo. So looking at some midfield target is pretty fair.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Kalinic seems to be getting good reviews from the team and staff, he looks stronger than he did when he signed up, and even Salgado, a veteran's veteran, needs time to settle in. I'm very hopeful that Sam got it right again with Kalinic.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Kalinic seems to be getting good reviews from the team and staff, he looks stronger than he did when he signed up, and even Salgado, a veteran's veteran, needs time to settle in. I'm very hopeful that Sam got it right again with Kalinic.

Fingers crossed, good to see signs of Kalinic improving but would be even better if we managed to somehow keep Di Santo as well and have plenty of options available.

It's good to hear that Di Santo seems to be enjoying his time here though because who knows what might happen in the future, maybe we'll get him back on a loan deal or even permanently if they decide he's not quite good enough for Chelsea.

It would be nice but I can't see it...

It's a possibility since it is unlikely that he will break into the Chelsea first team next season with the talent they have there, particularly if they sign someone else in January. That cannot be ruled out with the possiblity of a signing ban being imposed later.

You never know they may prefer to keep him here for another season if Drogba etc. stay. We live in hope.

It's a possibility since it is unlikely that he will break into the Chelsea first team next season with the talent they have there, particularly if they sign someone else in January. That cannot be ruled out with the possiblity of a signing ban being imposed later.

You never know they may prefer to keep him here for another season if Drogba etc. stay. We live in hope.

I'd love to see him in a Rovers shirt for a longer period of time no matter how unlikely it is. He has talent. He also brings skills to the game that no other Rovers striker has. Roberts could honestly learn a great deal from him although I can't see that ever happening. I've been very impressed with him even if he has only scored one goal. The whole idea that a forward can bring more to the game than just scoring goals is epitomised in Di Santo.

Mentioned it in the premier league thread but it should probably have gone in here.

Chelsea have successfuly appealed to have their ban on transfers suspended pending a final decision. So they can buy players in January.

Could be good news in terms of Di Santo staying.

Excellent news. We had no chance of keeping him with the suspension in place but I am now far more optimistic.

Archived