BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

does anybody think that it would be a good idea to keep rovers fans in the bottom quarter against the big boys ie liverpool,united as it would give us a bit more vocal backing and i,m sure the players would realize it and it would mean 2500 less of them

YES. Results whilst Rovers fans have occupied the Darwen End speak for themselves. I'm not saying we'd be guaranteed to beat ManUre or L'pool but if it gives the team that extra lift and a better chance of getting something then i'm all for it.

I think the club should test the water at the next 'big' game - If it sells out then make it a regular thing, there won't need to be the same amount of segregation like at the Bumley game so revenue loss will be at a minimum. Taking in to account recent attendances, 24,000 Rovers fans for the big games isn't unrealistic I don't think, with 2,000 of those in the Darwen end.

How would you segregate though? If we have half (2500) of lower, we cant really have manc or scousers above our fans.

The problem you have with Liverpool, United, City and sometimes everton is that they will sell all their tickets even if its £37 a ticket.....not many rovers fans will pay that!

How would you segregate though? If we have half (2500) of lower, we cant really have manc or scousers above our fans.

The problem you have with Liverpool, United, City and sometimes everton is that they will sell all their tickets even if its £37 a ticket.....not many rovers fans will pay that!

may be able to put some form of netting to stop things coming over or leave the first 2 rows empty above the rovers fans anyway we have stoke shortley and they don,t have the greatest reputation as for the ticket price the club could offer tickets at a reduced rate to the season ticket hoders already in there to incourage sales

I don't think segregation is a big problem, we Darren Enders have already had Villa, Wolves and West Ham above us this season, and back when they were still building the BBE i used to sit literally right up against the fence in the lower tier, right next to the opposing fans (remember swapping footy stickers with Newcastle fans once :D)

I'm in the DDE and not aware of anything yet ... only some unidentified liquid :blink: when Villa scored, but that was probably just somebody with a drink as they scored so early.

If they really wanted to take this forward next season, it might be an idea to only put tickets for these big matches on sale to season ticket holders - we all (and the club) must know, fans of other clubs are on the database.

The argument of 1000's of 'their' (whoever they may be) fans coming into the home end doesn't really hold any water, look at all the empty seats in the home end when Wigan played Man City last weekend .....

Quick question....but how many season ticket holders have friends or family that they would like to sit with for the odd game??

I think the club should use the Darwen End lower for this - allow transfers of your season ticket seat for a couple of games, to sit with a mate or family member...and your friend gets a reduced ticket price?! :rock: What do we think?

In principle that (the DEL) is a good idea - push it for the DEL, but also allow it in other stands - capacity allowing. I don't think its a question of having a full JW, BBE and Riverside before using the DEL - get fans on all four sides even if it isn't full.

Quick question....but how many season ticket holders have friends or family that they would like to sit with for the odd game??

I think the club should use the Darwen End lower for this - allow transfers of your season ticket seat for a couple of games, to sit with a mate or family member...and your friend gets a reduced ticket price?! :rock: What do we think?

Hughesy - that's already available. Any season ticket holder can request a move to the Darwen End for a home game (except Burnley) to sit with friends or just to have a change of scene. You can therefore do it for the Portsmouth and Stoke games, with your mates taking advantage of the £20 ticket offer for both.

There is no chance of segregating the Darwen End for the Liverpool and United games. The decision has already been taken about Liverpool - not yet for United but it will be. The club cannot turn down the extra revenue and there are big concerns about infiltration in home areas if we restrict the away allocations. Segregating would also mean that home fans would have to be charged top whack the same as the away fans - do we really think we can sell out lots of extra seats at £35+ each. There is also some nervousness about having away fans above home fans - there were some isolated coin throwing incidents at both Wolves and Villa.

There is no decision yet regarding the fourth match - indeed there may not be one. This and the para above all came out of Monday's Fans Forum.

This used to happen all the time not that long ago without too many probs. If we can get 2000 home fans in 1 side of lower its ok, i think it only became an issue when crowds dwindled and there were only 500 0r 600 hundred regular home fans in the lower half and then for the big games away fans started infiltrating.

Hughesy - that's already available. Any season ticket holder can request a move to the Darwen End for a home game (except Burnley) to sit with friends or just to have a change of scene. You can therefore do it for the Portsmouth and Stoke games, with your mates taking advantage of the £20 ticket offer for both.

Its already available? IF so then its not an obvious option...you never see it being publicised. Like I said a small discount on ticket prices for friends/ family who sit with you in the different area should be available.....

Its already available? IF so then its not an obvious option...you never see it being publicised. Like I said a small discount on ticket prices for friends/ family who sit with you in the different area should be available.....

You were not aware that you can move your seat to anywhere in the ground (assuming its unoccupied) by contacting the ticket office (ideally before the day of the game) and paying the diffference?

Really?

Im not aware you can transfer and those with you can get reduced price tickets no....please do show me where it says that?! :lol:

Im aware you can transfer (although again - that probably isnt obvious to most) - but as far as im aware there is no scheme which gets you discounted tickets for others if you sit with them!

Im not aware you can transfer and those with you can get reduced price tickets no....please do show me where it says that?! :lol:

Im aware you can transfer (although again - that probably isnt obvious to most) - but as far as im aware there is no scheme which gets you discounted tickets for others if you sit with them!

There is no scheme which gives discounted tickets automatically for friends you sit with (although it's an idea I'll take to the next Fans Forum). Of course given there is the £20 offer for Portsmouth and Stoke this is effectively the same thing for these matches at least.

There is no scheme which gives discounted tickets automatically for friends you sit with (although it's an idea I'll take to the next Fans Forum). Of course given there is the £20 offer for Portsmouth and Stoke this is effectively the same thing for these matches at least.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I was thinking for the next Darwen End deal... maybe the club should try reduced prices for those who sit with an ST holder over there...allowing anyone to transfer.

It would probably also open up the Blackburn End to a few tickets for some casual fans.

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

I was thinking for the next Darwen End deal... maybe the club should try reduced prices for those who sit with an ST holder over there...allowing anyone to transfer.

It would probably also open up the Blackburn End to a few tickets for some casual fans.

I'm thinking it would be a particularly good idea around Christmas and New Year when a lot of family and friends are around and would like to go to the games.

Yes i can confirm that at least 3 rovers fans were struck with coins in these two matches, 50p seems to be the weapon of choice a sure sign of the credit crunch as Arsenal fans threw at least 2 £2 coins at Robbo during last seasons match but at least i doubled my wages for that fixture :rolleyes:

We had 2 bottles of beer thrown down on us after the 3rd goal went in against Wolves, to be fair the stewards were on top of the situation in no time at all.

like i have said before leave the first 2 rows above the rovers fans empty and apart from that i really like it in there as you have a good crack and i don,t want to sit in the JW stand as it,s just so quiet

Archived