BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Games

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be getting mine tomorrow, for a fiver (I'm 17) it is a no brainer...especially when I stupidly shelled out 42 quid for a United ticket!

When do you think those 3000 will be gone?

i would of imagined the demand for these tickets would be high!! under 21's can watch this game for a fiver! surely people are going to snap these tickets up asap?

many people without season tickets are waiting for them to go on open sale on friday! i personally thought these tickets would be gone before they met open sale.

however, maybe they will make it to open sale, but i would certainly expect them all to be gone this time next week

Got my tickets. Definately not going by train this year after getting stranded in Adlington last year!!

Bloody hell that was a nightmare last season-Chorley was awash with Rovers fans, and at 2.00pm they all tried to get the train to Horwich-Which was cancelled!

Mayhem ensued, and I really had to use my initiative to get to the match on time.

Bloody hell that was a nightmare last season-Chorley was awash with Rovers fans, and at 2.00pm they all tried to get the train to Horwich-Which was cancelled!

Mayhem ensued, and I really had to use my initiative to get to the match on time.

Thinking about getting the train from Leeds, changing at Manchester then on to Horwich Pway. Has anyone done this in the last few years? Anyone know if the service from Manchester is a reliable one before and after the match?

Cheers

Definately not going by train this year after getting stranded in Adlington last year!!

I just hope lots more peeps think the same, I couldn't get on it last year at Adlington, it was jam packed.

Went home for the car but I still had to wait for it to reverse back to Adlington though, both my lads and two of their mates were stuck on it.

I just hope lots more peeps think the same, I couldn't get on it last year at Adlington, it was jam packed.

Went home for the car but I still had to wait for it to reverse back to Adlington though, both my lads and two of their mates were stuck on it.

I tried to get the football special from Bolton for this one and it got cancelled at around 2:15 I think. Cue mayhem at Bolton station with at least three hundred football fans trying to get to the Reebok in taxis -buses you name it. I somehow managed to blag a lift in a taxi with three other Bolton fans, only letting them know that I was a Rover as I legged it from the taxi to get to my seat with about thirty seconds to spare. There were still people coming in at half time too.

Would trust the trains even less on a Sunday

Thinking about getting the train from Leeds, changing at Manchester then on to Horwich Pway. Has anyone done this in the last few years? Anyone know if the service from Manchester is a reliable one before and after the match?

Cheers

Usually the line is very reliable, I use it every day. Just that day there was a points failure at Blackrod (in between Adlington and Horwich) which caused all the trains to be cancelled or rediverted.

It can however be 'fun' after the game between Horwich and Bolton. Just be sensible and don't wear your Rovers shirt whilst stood on the station waiting for it:)

Usually the line is very reliable, I use it every day. Just that day there was a points failure at Blackrod (in between Adlington and Horwich) which caused all the trains to be cancelled or rediverted.

It can however be 'fun' after the game between Horwich and Bolton. Just be sensible and don't wear your Rovers shirt whilst stood on the station waiting for it:)

Nice one, cheers.

P.S. We're very sensible :D

I want to go to this game but not sure how to get there, how bad is the traffic and parking on a matchday there?

It all depends on where you are travelling from, coming off the motorway might be busy but coming through Bolton and down Chorley New Road (A673) you shouldn't have any problems, park anywhere near the away pub (Beehive) which is on Chorley New Road :tu:

Got mine on row OO in the upper tier...

If they release a load in the lower, I will probably sell these and move down there with new tickets...

As we're all under 21, our tickets were a fiver each! :xmas:

Is it actually under 21? I'm 21 with a young adult season ticket.

I am wondering the same. I'm not exactly over 21 but I'm not under 21, maybe they'll give us the benefit of the doubt :unsure: I'll be buying mine tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say at the ticket office.

Archived