BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

• Backroom

Mainly due to our limited coverage and his match of the day goals a few years back I imagine, similar to why people say Matt Taylor is a good player.

Anyway whilst their reasoning is suspect i don't question the outcome. Morten is a really good player to have in the squad and for me the contract was a no brainer, especially when you see how flaccid the market has been this summer.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just tonight Eddie, he's been our best player so far this season carrying on the form from the latter half of last season. I repeat what I said in another thread, he's the best all round footballer at the club and the most important member of this team. He's also one of the best signings this club has ever made - thank you Graeme Souness (now there's a first).

Cue my stalker to rubbish all of the above.

Jim,I agree with you much of the time but not this time. Pedersen is an OK premiership player in a middling team.He does some things that catch the eye every now and again but is often quite poor. Above all he is mentally soft eg miss a pen and off his game thereafter.

Remember that missed header in the Chelsea semi to illustrate the same point? Took him months to recover from that.

If he were as good as you think he is the top clubs would be fighting to grab him for a big fee. Even on a free it was Celtic and a couple of clubs abroad who were interested.

One of the best signings the club has ever made? Don't make me laugh! Matt Woods on a free, Sherwood for half a million, Tugay---i could go on for ever till I reached Pedersen!

I seriously wonder if you are taking the pee?

Above all he is mentally soft eg miss a pen and off his game thereafter.

Remember that missed header in the Chelsea semi to illustrate the same point? Took him months to recover from that.

He seemed to be alright tonight after missing a penalty on Saturday.

He does seem to let his head drop when things go against him, but at least he always gives it a go. I don’t recall him sulking.

He seemed to be alright tonight after missing a penalty on Saturday.

He does seem to let his head drop when things go against him, but at least he always gives it a go. I don’t recall him sulking.

No I wouldn't say he sulks. He reacted negatively when the booing of him reached embarrassing heights but I don't blame him for that.

Could I plead with the Mods to remove the byline on this thread..."Time to get rid" is disrespectful,whatever your personal views are on Morts. Wingers in any club are figures of frustration...Lennon,Routledge,Gillespie,Wilcox etc....only Giggs and at the moment A.Johnston of Citeh cut the mustard.Its easier to play midfield(ask my expert mate Majiball).But please can we be more respectful.

And this also applies to the 'new' owners to be.

Could I plead with the Mods to remove the byline on this thread..."Time to get rid" is disrespectful,whatever your personal views are on Morts. Wingers in any club are figures of frustration...Lennon,Routledge,Gillespie,Wilcox etc....only Giggs and at the moment A.Johnston of Citeh cut the mustard.Its easier to play midfield(ask my expert mate Majiball).But please can we be more respectful.

And this also applies to the 'new' owners to be.

Its an old thread, made at a time when he was playing really poor and his contract was nearing renewal. The question at the time was whether to keep him or not, hence the thread title.

If the mods want to remove the "time to get rid" line its fine by me. Or if someone wants to start a new thread so people can praise or vent about MGP then that's also fine.

How about...

Morten Gamst Pedersen

(Hereinafter referred to as MGP)

You know, a bit like you do for a patient of the Court of Protection?*

* I really don't know where I'm going with this. I'm very tired for a Thursday night and it's been a trying week. Sorry.

How about...

Morten Gamst Pedersen

(Hereinafter referred to as MGP)

You know, a bit like you do for a patient of the Court of Protection?*

* I really don't know where I'm going with this. I'm very tired for a Thursday night and it's been a trying week. Sorry.

I thought it was wednesday?

Just delete the 'time to get rid' part, I'm sure that will suffice.

Back on topic, Gamst was brilliant against Norwich. Granted they are Championship opposition but you can only play what's in front of you and he won the majority of his headers against bigger defenders. His cross for Mame Dioufs third was an absolute peach.

Also showed he can play straight through the middle up front which is a big bonus for us and the manager will be happy about that.

Well played Morten, keep it up lad!

No, he couldn't.

Reading the article it sounds like Sam definitely means playing as a second striker, because he's using the Norwich game as an example (where he played off Diouf).

I don't think we'll ever be in the situation where Pedersen is starting up front ahead of Kalinic, Diouf and Benjani.

Archived