BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

I agree about the performances but let's wipe the slate clean starting this season. If we're going to take this game by game then he was awful against Chelsea (from what I've heard). Against Burnley I thought he was great.

His last couple of seasons have been woeful but I think he's picked up some form this season. He looks a lot hungrier even if it's nowhere near his form of 2005-2006.

Decent performance against Burnley, but pretty much everyone was decent on that day. I can't agree that overall he has picked 'up form' and that its a big change between his performances now and the last 2 seasons.

Don't give a fig about his workrate, just make Chimbonda do more defensive duties or play Givet there if you really wanted a defensive left sided defender there. That will allow someone like Hoilett or even play Diouf on the left who will offer far more of an attacking threat.

We all miss the wonder goals, but we miss his set piece delivery and his ability to put in a decent cross far more. Something that has been missing for almost 3 seasons.

We won't be able to sell him for a decent fee so it would be pointless offering him a new contract and having to put up with his @#/? performances for another three or four years. Better to get rid and give someone else a chance.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - let him go. Coincidently adam johnson's contract is up at the same point of gamst's running out here. Hed be an awesome replacement. While were at it, can we throw nelsen, keith and roberts out with this lad. If I ever have to watch Roberts up front on his own again then we need new management - simple.

Johnson is being tracked by a lot of bigger and richer clubs than ours. No chance he'll come to us.

I swear Pedersen can't do anything right in some peoples eyes.

Fair enough he had a sh*t game yesterday; but so did most of the players.

But he has been having a farely good season so far.

The Burnley game is a good example, he had a hand in almost every goal and hardly put a foot wrong all day and in my eyes was worthy of man of the match.

He played well against Wolves and Villa too.

Soon as he puts a foot wrong "Get rid! he's a pussy! (like we expect him to be Julian dicks) he's nothing like he was 3 years ago! Why are we carrying him? etc etc" but nothings ever said when he has a decent game...

He just seems to be a scapegoat for the "hardcore" fans. I swear even if he scored a cracker against united but played a few wayward passes you @#/?s would still moan.

I swear Pedersen can't do anything right in some peoples eyes.

Fair enough he had a sh*t game yesterday; but so did most of the players.

But he has been having a farely good season so far.

The Burnley game is a good example, he had a hand in almost every goal and hardly put a foot wrong all day and in my eyes was worthy of man of the match.

He played well against Wolves and Villa too.

Soon as he puts a foot wrong "Get rid! he's a pussy! (like we expect him to be Julian dicks) he's nothing like he was 3 years ago! Why are we carrying him? etc etc" but nothings ever said when he has a decent game...

He just seems to be a scapegoat for the "hardcore" fans. I swear even if he scored a cracker against united but played a few wayward passes you @#/?s would still moan.

Yep, a bad performance and Ped gets it, it's all Andrews fault and half the squad are deadwood. Some people like to blame certain players whether they deserve it or not and when they do, they go to town. Other times they either ignore the decent play or still say the player was crap even when they weren't. Blinkered, biased and bloody minded.

Yep, a bad performance and Ped gets it, it's all Andrews fault and half the squad are deadwood. Some people like to blame certain players whether they deserve it or not and when they do, they go to town. Other times they either ignore the decent play or still say the player was crap even when they weren't. Blinkered, biased and bloody minded.

If you're a wide player your role is to take on and dominate your immediate opponent, usually the full back. Games of football are won and lost by these little individual battles all over the pitch. I have NEVER seen Pedersen dominate an opposing fullback ever, any time, any place, any game, in all the time he's been with us. The odd moment of brilliant striking of the ball yes, demolishing his marker, never. I'd play Ollsen there any time.

Funnily enough there's a thread in the Admin section about why some of the regular posters of days gone by don't post on here anymore. I think they gave up because of "The Sun" headline-type posts you get on here. :glare:

I think they don't post for the very reason I am posting less and less...

If you're a wide player your role is to take on and dominate your immediate opponent, usually the full back. Games of football are won and lost by these little individual battles all over the pitch. I have NEVER seen Pedersen dominate an opposing fullback ever, any time, any place, any game, in all the time he's been with us. The odd moment of brilliant striking of the ball yes, demolishing his marker, never. I'd play Ollsen there any time.

yeh because Beckham used to always run at people and demolish his marker....there are lots of ways to play as a wide player, not just your way.

Funnily enough there's a thread in the Admin section about why some of the regular posters of days gone by don't post on here anymore. I think they gave up because of "The Sun" headline-type posts you get on here. :glare:

I think its a fair discussion topic, he has been garbage for 2/3 seasons and his contract is up in the summer. The manager and board will have to decide whether to offer him a new contract or let him go.

I swear Pedersen can't do anything right in some peoples eyes. Fair enough he had a sh*t game yesterday; but so did most of the players. But he has been having a farely good season so far. The Burnley game is a good example, he had a hand in almost every goal and hardly put a foot wrong all day and in my eyes was worthy of man of the match. He played well against Wolves and Villa too. Soon as he puts a foot wrong "Get rid! he's a pussy! (like we expect him to be Julian dicks) he's nothing like he was 3 years ago! Why are we carrying him? etc etc" but nothings ever said when he has a decent game... He just seems to be a scapegoat for the "hardcore" fans. I swear even if he scored a cracker against united but played a few wayward passes you @#/?s would still moan.

Read the original post, it was talking about Pedersen’s performances over the past 2/3 seasons which have been complete garbage not specifically slating him for just one game. To call this 'knee-jerk' is an absolute joke.

Both you and Tombro say Pedersen has had a fairly good season so far, I wonder what games you are watching? The guy can’t cross, can’t take set pieces, can’t finish. The guy is a winger not a defender so cut out this "oh he offers such much in terms of defence" crap.

Answer me this Tombro and Arran, would you offer Pedersen a brand new 3 or 4 year 40k per week contract?

I think its a fair discussion topic, he has been garbage for 2/3 seasons and his contract is up in the summer. The manager and board will have to decide whether to offer him a new contract or let him go.

Read the original post, it was talking about Pedersens performances over the past 2/3 seasons which have been complete garbage not specifically slating him for just one game. To call this 'knee-jerk' is an absolute joke.

Both you and Tombro say Pedersen has had a fairly good season so far, I wonder what games you are watching? The guy cant cross, cant take set pieces, cant finish. The guy is a winger not a defender so cut out this "oh he offers such much in terms of defence" crap.

Answer me this Tombro and Arran, would you offer Pedersen a 3 or 4 year new 40k per week contract?

No, i'd offer him a 2 year deal. That way if Holliet develops into a decent winger we can sell Peds and actually get money from a transfer.

Who crossed to Di Santo to set up Dunn's goal against Burnley? Who set up Chimbondas goal? Who got the most assists for us last season? who played the world class ball to send Jason Roberts through on goal against Wolves? (the goal where Dunn robbed it on the line)

Which games have you been watching?

His set pieces have been crap, but he has hit the post with a few this season, some have been saved but he did score one against Accy Stanley. (yeh it's Accy Stanley but it was still a good free kick ;))

You remind me of a woman who sits in front of me in the blackburn end. Every time Pedersen or Andrews (sometimes Grella, i suppose it depends on who the scapegoat is on here on any given weekend) does anything wrong "GET HIM OFF! HE'S ######!!" when they do something decent...nothing. The best was "ANDREWS!? DON'T PASS TO HIM!" the ball goes to Pedersen, "DON'T PASS TO HIM EITHER!" haha you couldn't write it. soon as Dunn does something wrong "unlucky Dunny"

No, i'd offer him a 2 year deal. That way if Holliet develops into a decent winger we can sell Peds and actually get money from a transfer.

Who crossed to Di Santo to set up Dunn's goal against Burnley? Who set up Chimbondas goal? Who got the most assists for us last season? who played the world class ball to send Jason Roberts through on goal against Wolves? (the goal where Dunn robbed it on the line)

Which games have you been watching?

His set pieces have been crap, but he has hit the post with a few this season, some have been saved but he did score one against Accy Stanley. (yeh it's Accy Stanley but it was still a good free kick ;))

You remind me of a woman who sits in front of me in the blackburn end. Every time Pedersen or Andrews (sometimes Grella, i suppose it depends on who the scapegoat is on here on any given weekend) does anything wrong "GET HIM OFF! HE'S ######!!" when they do something decent...nothing. The best was "ANDREWS!? DON'T PASS TO HIM!" the ball goes to Pedersen, "DON'T PASS TO HIM EITHER!" haha you couldn't write it. soon as Dunn does something wrong "unlucky Dunny"

I'd offer him a one way ticket to where ever. Mind you don't get trampled in the rush to take him off our hands Arran. The lad at Coventry looked decent , but he's not a winger, then again neither is Pedersen.

Isn't Gunnarsson a centre midfielder?

with a freshly broken leg.

we cant keep picking peds he is hopeless.....with his contract situation even if we only get 500k in jan he has to go as anyone picked in his place would surely be more effective, no pace, no passing, pish poor shooting, truly the worst set piece taker i have ever seen persist at the job and it beggers belief that he has been our first choice set piece guy for 5 years when they are so so bad, would sooner see samba take set pieces even a big lump like nelsen must think he could do better when he constantly sees the keeper pluck out of the sky with ease every peds corner.

gotta go, quicker the better.

we cant keep picking peds he is hopeless.....with his contract situation even if we only get 500k in jan he has to go as anyone picked in his place would surely be more effective, no pace, no passing, pish poor shooting, truly the worst set piece taker i have ever seen persist at the job and it beggers belief that he has been our first choice set piece guy for 5 years when they are so so bad, would sooner see samba take set pieces even a big lump like nelsen must think he could do better when he constantly sees the keeper pluck out of the sky with ease every peds corner.

gotta go, quicker the better.

Don't be silly. His corners never make it as far as the keeper. Never get over the first defender.

He's the reason I go home in a bad mood after most games. I get treated to his "flair play" for the second half of most matches which just serves to put me off my dinner. He's got away with less of a slagging off this season and last just because we have the completely abysmal Andrews, but that doesn't mean he's not useless too. (Burnley match excepted where he was ok)

Don't be silly. His corners never make it as far as the keeper. Never get over the first defender.

He's the reason I go home in a bad mood after most games. I get treated to his "flair play" for the second half of most matches which just serves to put me off my dinner. He's got away with less of a slagging off this season and last just because we have the completely abysmal Andrews, but that doesn't mean he's not useless too. (Burnley match excepted where he was ok)

...yawn

you don't sit in Block 4 in the Blackburn End do you?

Play him in the middle!!

Start him there against the Posh, play Junior on the left and lets see how he gets on.

I'm baffled that people think we should release him and let him go. What are we going to use to replace him? Adam Johnson's Tribunal fee will be at least a couple of Million and thats 2 more than we have.

Pedersen shouldn't be taking corners he should be in the mixer since the boy has a reasonable leap for a short arse. I am desperate for him to vary up his throw ins they are so predictable its becoming boring. A few short ones thrown in should make the defence think a bit more about whats coming, because at present we know whats going to happen every time.

Dump Keith please Sam and give Gamst a go there, he cannot be any worse in that role and we could get some pace on the pitch.

I am not a fan of counter attacking unless you have pace in the starting 11 and all ours is on the bench.

Let his contract run down and loose money on a transfer :tu:

To lose money you have to have a buyer for him...or you can continue paying a sub-standard player probably around 40k a week!? :blink:

Wrong - out for 2-3 weeks "www.coventrytelegraph.net"

Aron Gunnarsson has the lot - he is creative, he bossed the midfield against us, he can score long range goals, he has quality set pieces and he can take long throwings too.

Play him in the middle!!

Start him there against the Posh, play Junior on the left and lets see how he gets on.

I'm baffled that people think we should release him and let him go. What are we going to use to replace him? Adam Johnson's Tribunal fee will be at least a couple of Million and thats 2 more than we have.

Pedersen shouldn't be taking corners he should be in the mixer since the boy has a reasonable leap for a short arse. I am desperate for him to vary up his throw ins they are so predictable its becoming boring. A few short ones thrown in should make the defence think a bit more about whats coming, because at present we know whats going to happen every time.

Dump Keith please Sam and give Gamst a go there, he cannot be any worse in that role and we could get some pace on the pitch.

I am not a fan of counter attacking unless you have pace in the starting 11 and all ours is on the bench.

You are joking right? The same Pedersen who wimps out of tackles and can't pass the ball accurately over 10 yards with any consistency and you want him in centre mid?? I'm not a huge Andrews fan but I would pick him there over Pedersen every time.

With regards to MGP - he's been awful apart from about 1 and a half games since the FA Cup Semi against Chelsea (Bolton last season, and Burnley). A waste of a shirt - get rid in January for whatever we can get, and let's get Hoilett in the team ASAP.

You are joking right? The same Pedersen who wimps out of tackles and can't pass the ball accurately over 10 yards with any consistency and you want him in centre mid?? I'm not a huge Andrews fan but I would pick him there over Pedersen every time.

Seconded. Big Fat Sam demonstrates he knows less about football than one Ms. Price.

:D

Archived