BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

For me Pedcersen looks like hes lost weight and is understrength, a bit like an AIDS victim, thats how he comes across to me. A bit cruel but he doesnt look right physically.

I think you're right, old boy. That's it, Pederssen defo has AIDS. That would explain his chronic diminished ability and lean appearance. Can't believe it took us so long to work it out.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right, old boy. That's it, Pederssen defo has AIDS. That would explain his chronic diminished ability and lean appearance. Can't believe it took us so long to work it out.

Just hope he hasnt been kissing the club doctor :blush:

AIDS - Acquired Inability to Deliver Service sounds about right

Gamst the all action running tackling central mid - giving Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard and the rest a hard time?

Are you sure BFS?

Come on, I'm not claiming he's going to be better than some of the worlds elite players, but perhaps better than Keith. I'm looking at it like this, we desperately need another central player and also pace in our 11. Reid is going to take serious time to get back to his best, if its possible. Vince is a sick-note of Darren Anderton proportions, and if I'm being honest I rate N'zonzi higher anyway. But I wouldn't want both of them in the same 11 so grella's a back-up because no-ones paying money for him at present. Now Keith, well its all been said but I sit firmly in the not good enough camp, so I want him dropped. However we have no one else fit or capable of playing the role (Emerton needs quite a few more games before he's back in the swing of it all). Now the transfer windows closed and even if it wasn't I couldn't sign anyone anyway we're skint. So I have to fill that hole with what I have, and I think he might be able to do the role.

Is he the answer well there's really only one way to find out, and thats to try it.

You are joking right? The same Pedersen who wimps out of tackles and can't pass the ball accurately over 10 yards with any consistency and you want him in centre mid?? I'm not a huge Andrews fan but I would pick him there over Pedersen every time.

With regards to MGP - he's been awful apart from about 1 and a half games since the FA Cup Semi against Chelsea (Bolton last season, and Burnley). A waste of a shirt - get rid in January for whatever we can get, and let's get Hoilett in the team ASAP.

Firstly read above.

I think he displays many of the attributes you need in a box to box player far more than Keith does while he's watches games pass him by (that boy has the worst off the ball movement of anyone I've ever seen play for our club). He's also far superior technically to Keith who struggles to head the ball back whence it came even when unopposed. But ridiculing Keith aside, I agree with your last comment and thats also part of the reason I'd try Pedersen inside rather than dropping him or releasing him (reasons for that in previous post). It then creates a position wide for Hoillet left or right depending whether you play Diouf or Emerton. But Pedersen has something Keith will most definitely never have a left foot. And thats the reason I would have a go at it, the types of ball he could play down that flank are completely different to those of a right footer. It would allow us to have better attacking options down that flank and with pace to run on to it perhaps it could be effective.

He may have been awful for us but he's playing well for Norway so maybe a change will help him, you have to remember we've already tried dropping him under Hughes and it hasn't worked. So I'd try something else.

Seconded. Big Fat Sam demonstrates he knows less about football than one Ms. Price.

:D

And with that comment OscarRaven proves he's got the same thing between his ears as Katie has in her tit's, air.

Just pondering

But did the decline in MGP's form roughly coincide with the decline in the overall quality of Rovers central midfield?

Thats a good point.

MGP seems to have no fire in his belly. He goes through the motions, without any apparent desire. While it may sound strange to say, he looks far too calm and impassive on the field for me. He has none of the passion of Dunn, etc.

And if his performance is improving over recent years, it makes me think that it has more to do with contract negotiations more than any real desire to play. What's to say that once the club signs on the dotted line, that he goes back to his less than currently improved form?

Better for him and us if he simply moves on. Maybe not getting a contract will light a fire under him which would allow him to better his reputation as a footballer and we can, hopefully, find someone who wants to play and will give the team a 100%.

You mean like Jason Roberts does? I can't agree with this "someone who gives the team 100%" stuff. You can work your arse off in life and get nowhere. In your job you can do the same but end up being totally unproductive. But if you play your cards right, be in the right place at the right times and use intelligence rather than just hard work it can give better results. The Premier League is no different in that respect.

Hence why Benni is a better striker than Roberts. Hence why Pedersen would probably be a better left winger than some player who we brought in for the sake of bringing in who gives 100%. I'm repeating myself now but I have seen the hunger back in him this season. He needs to work on his set peices though.

football and working life have nothing in common. mgp can`t reach the top in football by bumlicking sam, he has to perform as a player for a crowd as well. football is totally differant to working life in that you can`t pull the wool over any one individuals eyes and live on easy street.

He scored some cracking goals, instinctive long range goals, no beating 4 men and calmly placing it past the keeper or anything like that. Not good enough for us by a long way and hasnt ever been a Premier League player unfortunately! I'd rather Keith Andrews have the ball than MGP, in fact id rather Ryan Nelsen had possession of the ball than MGP.

You mean like Jason Roberts does? I can't agree with this "someone who gives the team 100%" stuff. . . . Hence why Pedersen would probably be a better left winger than some player who we brought in for the sake of bringing in who gives 100%. I'm repeating myself now but I have seen the hunger back in him this season. He needs to work on his set peices though.

Roberts did as well as could be expected as a striker with no strike partner or midfield (inclusive of MGP) backing him up. I'm no Roberts fan (he couldn't seem to control the ball at Chelsea) but at least he gave it a go. MGP seemed was robotic, just going through the motions without an ounce of effort or creativity.

And I thought that MGP's claim to fame was his long throws and his kicks from set pieces? If he still needs to work at them at this stage (at his Chelsea performance indicates he does) then he's hopeless.

As to Prozone stats, if they were the end all be all, Andrews would be a ManU star.

The Norwegian press is raving on about Pedersen's free kick today (as they always do whenever he's done something remotely good). All over the sports news both on TV and the papers today. Granted, his free kick was excellent, and in my opinion he's showed slightly better form this season compared to 08/09, but today's Gamst quote is a real cracker: "Jeg er i siget om dagen", which translates to something in the vein of "I'm on a roll nowadays".

People need to appreciate the situation we as a club are in before they go saying sell him and him, buy him and so on.

Pedersen leaving especially on a free would not be good for Rovers as all we would have to replace him is wages. Given that even armed with £6million (which is more than our normal annual budget, period) got us an up and coming striker, so what will we get with a poxy £30K a week and no transfer fee (even if he goes in Jan we'd be lucky to get above 1.5M).

Sometimes in these situations its better the devil you know.

People need to appreciate the situation we as a club are in before they go saying sell him and him, buy him and so on.

Pedersen leaving especially on a free would not be good for Rovers as all we would have to replace him is wages. Given that even armed with £6million (which is more than our normal annual budget, period) got us an up and coming striker, so what will we get with a poxy £30K a week and no transfer fee (even if he goes in Jan we'd be lucky to get above 1.5M).

this is what the more realistic among us have been saying all along. Replacements are not cheap and not easy to find otherwise every other team would have excellent left wingers and it would only be us who are stuck with ours because we can't be bothered to go out and find one with no money to spend. If we can find some money there are other positions far more in need of strenghtening than left wing. How about a decent central midfielder who can actually stop the opposition running straight at our defence, a more creative midfielder and a striker who can score and belongs to us for starters. We are still, for all the praise of Allardyce's strengthening the squad, light in those same areas we were weak in last season. Getting rid of Pedersen and replacing him looks low on our list of priorities to me.

The Norwegian press is raving on about Pedersen's free kick today (as they always do whenever he's done something remotely good). All over the sports news both on TV and the papers today. Granted, his free kick was excellent, and in my opinion he's showed slightly better form this season compared to 08/09, but today's Gamst quote is a real cracker: "Jeg er i siget om dagen", which translates to something in the vein of "I'm on a roll nowadays".

What they probably failed to mention is that he did absolutely f**k all for the rest of the 90 mins, and looked Rovers' weak link - and that against a bottom-of-the-Championship team with only 10 men.

what will we get with a poxy £30K a week and no transfer fee (even if he goes in Jan we'd be lucky to get above 1.5M).

I agree the fee will be a problem, however their are alot of rumours out their suggest that MGP is on waaaaaaaay more than 30k a week. :blink:

this is what the more realistic among us have been saying all along. Replacements are not cheap and not easy to find otherwise every other team would have excellent left wingers and it would only be us who are stuck with ours because we can't be bothered to go out and find one with no money to spend. If we can find some money there are other positions far more in need of strenghtening than left wing. How about a decent central midfielder who can actually stop the opposition running straight at our defence, a more creative midfielder and a striker who can score and belongs to us for starters. We are still, for all the praise of Allardyce's strengthening the squad, light in those same areas we were weak in last season. Getting rid of Pedersen and replacing him looks low on our list of priorities to me.

I agree, with the situation as we the fans know it, personally I don't think its a viable option.

Sign him up for 3 years and if at the end of the season he's not playing then review his role then, but we need him in a position that should the decision be to move him on we Rovers benefit and that means a fee and a good one.

I agree the fee will be a problem, however their are alot of rumours out their suggest that MGP is on waaaaaaaay more than 30k a week. :blink:

Did he sign his current contract back during his golden period?

I'd be hopeful it wasn't too much more than 30K but if he's on 40K maybe more, well that does change it slightly. But only if there is the flexibilty to use wages as fees and it seriously depends on what the alternatives are. Johnson at Bourgh is one I said we should have moved for in the summer, trouble is now he's making healines because Downing moved on. I think we missed our oppurtunity not because we're less atractive than other premiership teams (We have Brockhall, most of the prem cannot compare to our facilities) but because we'd be priced out even at tribunal.

For me at present Hughesy MGP is not the priority, its the gaping hole we've all been on about for ages central midfield. Even with three in there we look weak and a lot of teams are concentrating their play in this area against us and its working. So thats the area we muct deal with, then next its up front and Sam must make some decisions on players, Roberts and Benni. Its pointless a club in our finacial predicament keeping those two as back-up what a drain of resources. So he either plays them and somehow makes then effective in the team or moves them on and brings in people he has confidence in to fill the role. If we stick to one up top we don't need four of them, we have Junior and he can cover that 4th striker role.

But thats just part of the reason we should perhaps switch back to two up front, As we have seen 6 million only signs the potential to play the role and we need the finished article. Much easier to get two effective in a pair than one on his own. But that creates more problems IE Dunn and we're weak in midfield. All I can say is one of Emo, and Reid has to get back to their best and do well in that role, so fingers crossed.

We'll look a much stronger team and unit if we can achieve that.

I'd rather not pay him and bank his salary. He's had one good game in three years and that was against Burnley. Time to move on.

I agree, with the situation as we the fans know it, personally I don't think its a viable option.

Sign him up for 3 years and if at the end of the season he's not playing then review his role then, but we need him in a position that should the decision be to move him on we Rovers benefit and that means a fee and a good one.

So we sign him on a new 3 year contract, 40k + per week deal and then if he plays rubbish for most of the season (like he has done for the past few seasons) look to offload him? What happens if we can't offload him? stuck with him and his poor performances for another 3 seasons? Clubs aren't exactly rushing to try and secure his signature. I'd be very surprised if we could sell him for a decent fee.

People need to face the fact that barring a miracle Pedersen peaked at this club 3 seasons ago.

Time to get a past it player on big wages off the wage bill.

So we get rid of him, who do we get in? this is the big issue.

No-one disagrees that his form is awful and he's not what he once was but what do we do? We cannot finacially afford to let him go for nothing if he won't sign then'll they'll try and shift him in Jan and we'll end up with some poxy £1 million pound fee ala Neill.

So lets say he's on 40K and we get 1 for him thats £3 million to sign a left winger with given that there's not that many of them floating around in the game at presnt what will we end up with? Dog poo more likely than not.

For me as always its the managers job to get the best out of his players and get them playing to there strenghts and making an impact. If he can't he needs to get someone in who can.

Time to consider...........

Some say it's time to get rid of MGP, get him off the wage bill and get somebody better, others say the same about Andrews / Grella / Olsen / Roberts / Benni, / Nelsen and Reid etc. In the past we have heard the same from the stands about the likes of Stead, Carsley, Wlicox etc etc and even our Prem winning captain Sherwood .......... yet all the above cry like babies, and turn out in sackcloth and ashes preaching the values of loyalty and duty when a player decides that BRFC is not good enough for them and profess a desire to move on to bigger and richer clubs. :rolleyes::wstu:

Archived