BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swine Flu

ABBEY

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say to Mr Roversmum that Nelsen didn't look well, and Bert was way off the pace.

Is that not just Nelsen being crap? He dived backwards on the line for Lampards goal (2nd), gave them a penalty and then lost his man on the corner which they simply nodded in. So you could say he helped them for 3 goals...

He isnt good enough anymore - illness or not! :brfc:

It is fair to say, Hughsey, that The Admiral was not at his best. However, on watching the recording of the match I did feel that there was something else not right about him, it could be just the pressure of the match though and maybe he is beginning to realise his limitations.

They had a lot of injuries but didn't some of the fit ones contract the trots the night before?

Possibly.

here's an article from that saga.

The FA's thinking about illness being an acceptable reason for postponement is that illnesses can spread right through a squad, - whereas clubs are expected to have squads big enough to cover for injuries.

Nicko's revelation that Dunn ad swine flu whilst playing against the dingles (and he still ran them ragged) had me chuckling at the final indignity for the hill trolls.

...and I had my arm round him having my photo taken with him on the Thursday at the Dunny and Higgy night. No wonder I've been feeling ropey this last few days :blink:

word from FA is we told then about the breakout but because we never asked to postpone the game they never looked into it

If that is the case the FA should have cancelled the game themselves and told Rovers not travel to chelsea. After all football is a public event.

Totally uncharted territory...what happens if it spreads from club to club?

You will be relieved to know Burnley players are OK after the derby. :DOne less excuse they can have for losing at home to wigan

However what happens if Chelsea's luvvies start spluttering later in the week.

My twopennies worth is that the FA shouldn't need to be 'asked'. Occassionally they need to get off their arses and take a decision. We'll never know but can only imagine the outcome if ManU had been playing Chelsea under the same circumstances. With the FA the final answer is always a definite maybe. Useless.

Calling the game off would have contained any spread to within the Rovers camp, now it's in the lap of the gods as to where it hops to, who are Chelsea playing next? What's the incubation period?

Agree with the observations about Nelson, if you're coming down with this thing you feel drained and totally wasted, then the symptoms get worse. Anyone playing with that in their system needs a pat on the back for have the b*lls to turn up.

You will be relieved to know Burnley players are OK after the derby. :D

Not such a happy dressing room though is it? Especially after the Wigan game ;)

Only the national press have said this is swine flu, Rovers have only confirmed there is a virus outbreak. With Rovers hoping affected players will be back in contention next week this would be a little early if it was swine flu.

Rovers have confirmed it is swine flu BBC.

Two cases of swine flu are confirmed and other members of the squad and staff have complained of virus-like symptoms

It's hard to say what the time-frame is for the flu to work its way through.

Dunny was struggling in the Burnley game, laid up all week and not rated ready for Chelsea on the Saturday. So that is a week.

If there are two other players toiling just now they won't have much chance of the Man U match.

Any more on top of that could lead to a postponement request.

Checked with a Premier League 'source' earlier and there is no plan in place for these incidents yet...but there will be very shortly.

It's hard to say what the time-frame is for the flu to work its way through.

Dunny was struggling in the Burnley game, laid up all week and not rated ready for Chelsea on the Saturday. So that is a week.

If there are two other players toiling just now they won't have much chance of the Man U match.

Any more on top of that could lead to a postponement request.

Checked with a Premier League 'source' earlier and there is no plan in place for these incidents yet...but there will be very shortly.

Looking at this for any kind of positive, if Swine Flu swept through the team in the next week or so it would be better for us than in a month where we have eminently winnable games. It sounds like almost an inevitability that this would happen and rather now in a month where we play the top three (plus Burnley) than another. I'd rather it never happened, don't get me wrong, but get it over and done with in our most difficult month...

Archived